Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477984 times)

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1500 on: October 13, 2009, 04:03:29 pm »

Well the sometimes not removing clothes issue was this, I had grabbed an orphan and successfully stripped the clothes off and was preparing to "defile" them when a message came up "To perform this action you must remove your short pants."  So I did such, the "defilement" was successful, but when I checked my character just after I noticed that I was still wearing leopard-print briefs.  Keeping in mind my character was female shouldn't it have required me to remove those as well to have sex?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 13, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »

Also, I am not on Julian's lock any more, and it hurts my feelings, because he clearly does not trust me. There is no trust left in our relationship.

I am dishonored good sir! It depends on which lock you speak of, I began a mass exodus from one apartment to the other.

Oh.

You went all DRS Inaluct.

Duh.
don't hate

And Inaluct, I'd like to see an orphan kill a mutant rat without suicide running. Maybe if you have snakeskin mut (meaning not an orphan) or good slash/stab soaks and a weapon powerful enough to pierce the mutant rat's soaks (or a sonic scalpel), but I tried several times. They're very strong compared to, say, the white rats.
Even combat knives and switchblades can probably penetrate on a powerattack, especially with their decent crit rates. I'll look into this.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 13, 2009, 04:27:11 pm »

Well the sometimes not removing clothes issue was this, I had grabbed an orphan and successfully stripped the clothes off and was preparing to "defile" them when a message came up "To perform this action you must remove your short pants."  So I did such, the "defilement" was successful, but when I checked my character just after I noticed that I was still wearing leopard-print briefs.  Keeping in mind my character was female shouldn't it have required me to remove those as well to have sex?
Panties don't provide any covering, apparently. Look at yourself while wearing nothing over them some time.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 13, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »

Also, I am not on Julian's lock any more, and it hurts my feelings, because he clearly does not trust me. There is no trust left in our relationship.

I am dishonored good sir! It depends on which lock you speak of, I began a mass exodus from one apartment to the other.

Oh.

You went all DRS Inaluct.

Duh.
don't hate

And Inaluct, I'd like to see an orphan kill a mutant rat without suicide running. Maybe if you have snakeskin mut (meaning not an orphan) or good slash/stab soaks and a weapon powerful enough to pierce the mutant rat's soaks (or a sonic scalpel), but I tried several times. They're very strong compared to, say, the white rats.
Even combat knives and switchblades can probably penetrate on a powerattack, especially with their decent crit rates. I'll look into this.

All I know is, with a katana at roughly 15 blades skill I could barely hurt them. I finally killed one by suicide running because I didn't want to lose my gear, but it was a pain. Even powerattacks didn't hurt them as much as you'd think, it took 8 or 9 powerattacks (many missed or soaked) to kill them. Don't forget, while you're trying to powerattack the rat it's ripping orphan sized chunks out of you. They're really strong.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 13, 2009, 05:07:47 pm »

Panties don't provide any covering, apparently. Look at yourself while wearing nothing over them some time.

Well that makes no bloody sense at all, I'll see if I can ask an admin about that, might be a bug.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 13, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »

Maybe you're wearing them on your ear or something.

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 13, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

Well I found out the deal with the panties, apparently there's an issue with thickness, somehow clothes don't count without a thickness and briefs and panties are currently listed at 0 for some reason they can't explain.

Also, apparently while submitting some ideas it multi-posted to the ideas board, joy.

And Candlejack they apparently hated your tentacle idea, as well as my idea based on mythology, as well as another based on a Nathaniel Hawthorne story "Rappaccini's Daughter," which I suppose I should have figured as such when it would have required them to actually read a book.  Shortly after the posting someone decided he hated the ideas so much that he just had to find me, shoot me then take my head as a trophy, very mature people in that game.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 13, 2009, 10:42:29 pm »

Well I found out the deal with the panties, apparently there's an issue with thickness, somehow clothes don't count without a thickness and briefs and panties are currently listed at 0 for some reason they can't explain.

Also, apparently while submitting some ideas it multi-posted to the ideas board, joy.

And Candlejack they apparently hated your tentacle idea, as well as my idea based on mythology, as well as another based on a Nathaniel Hawthorne story "Rappaccini's Daughter," which I suppose I should have figured as such when it would have required them to actually read a book.  Shortly after the posting someone decided he hated the ideas so much that he just had to find me, shoot me then take my head as a trophy, very mature people in that game.
Well its a game that allows for people to whatever the fuck they want, whether its childish or downright dickish (mostly dickish) it happens. I am semi surprised that people in that game are so against tentacles but part of it is the implementation of it I bet, it would be hard to get right.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 13, 2009, 10:43:48 pm »

Welcome to hell my friend. Why do you think I post my questions here? Even I don't give the correct answer on chatnet. I would also suggest only speaking or giving advice in very small amounts. People won't get pissed over a tentacle suggestion, or a mythology suggestion, or an idea based on "Rappaccini's daughter", but if you rapid fire all of them people get pissed because you're rocking the boat.

A lot of it also depends on who you get. Within 5 minutes of reporting the bug that was causing players and npc's to vanish in my apartment, the bug was fixed (and two crates later I have a fuckin' stoned slave - not my first choice but it'll do). On the flipside, you can get the kind of mod that banned Genmac for reporting a scripter. Some of them are good, others are assholes, welcome to the world.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 10:50:37 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 14, 2009, 01:00:02 am »

Meh, if that's the way they act to people it makes me wonder how they keep players.  And it's not that some of them are good, it's that most of them are assholes, hell I've seen nicer people on 4chan.

The suggestions get me assaulted, insulted, but I posted the thing about the ripper and zombie mutation and not a single word about that.

Bunch of bloody wankers, not dwarvenly at all, or even elvenly.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 14, 2009, 02:21:02 am »

Strangely people were mostly friendly to me on HellMOO, except for the odd chatnet tough guy. Maybe more assholes are on at certain times?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 14, 2009, 02:26:33 am »

Oh jeese guise i do luv dat hilarity.
On the topic of hilarity: lol darkchaos sucks

Told you so  8)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 14, 2009, 07:42:20 am »

Meh, if that's the way they act to people it makes me wonder how they keep players.  And it's not that some of them are good, it's that most of them are assholes, hell I've seen nicer people on 4chan.

The suggestions get me assaulted, insulted, but I posted the thing about the ripper and zombie mutation and not a single word about that.

See, that's the entire point. You're in HELL. Everyone is an asshole, and listening to the advice of random street mutants is totally idiotic if not down right suicidal. You might be taking some of it personally.

The entire game is your trial by fire, and it doesn't end until you quit. The corruption, hatred, paranoia, and fear extend well past the NPCs and backstory. If you can't kill the people that aggravate you then you may as well try to hurt them as much as possible, and believe me, there are ways to do it.

You don't get a reputation in HellMOO for helping the most newbies or bringing the most people into the game. You get a reputation for ripping off as many people as possible; tossing friend and foe alike into ravines, drinking and laughing at their futility as they desperately try to climb out of the freezing water. Then, just as your friends, corp-mates and enemies are all burning, drowning, in pieces, irradiated, or some combination of the four, you withdraw the entire sum of your corp's funds and leave.

Welcome to Hell! Hope you like miasma dystopia!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 14, 2009, 08:16:50 am »

A lot of it has to do with mentality. Keiseth has it right, you're in hell, and the players are all roleplaying on some level. Most of them are not as big assholes as they are in game, but the environment and their characters make them feel stronger, angrier, and more defensive than they really are.

Although I disagree with his mentality (you don't have to be a monster, just strong, destruction is only one way to earn respect) he's fundamentally right. If you don't have the balls to deal with a world full of arrogant pricks, you may want to stick to single player games.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 14, 2009, 09:05:20 am »

Actually, I'm against my own mentality as well. The worst I've ever done is offer somewhat less than completely helpful advice on chatnet, and that's hardly a surprise anyway. (Pretty sure it ended with somebody dying, though.)

Though you are right. Destruction is just one way to earn respect; it's probably the most efficient way, but there are others. The problem is, if you try construction, somebody is gonna crash your zeppelin. Quite possibly literally!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 311