Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478094 times)

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1260 on: September 09, 2009, 05:32:46 pm »

If anyone is planning on being a crafter, you can chill at my place. I'll set you up with some money and crafting station, and my place is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:43:57 pm by zac4213 »

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 09, 2009, 08:28:34 pm »

Can I just say that I hate rats. Any of the mutant rats in the Sharpton Complex are a pain in the ass to kill. And unfortunately it's a vicious cycle, I need gear to deal with the rats. I need money to get the gear. I need crap from the complex to get money. I have to deal with the rats to get crap from the complex.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:13 pm »

Sharpton Heights isn't too bad if you just look before moving. Just try not to go too far in, and the air duct is very good since there are no mobs in there. Also, there are a nice set of five plans next to chester half the time, and the venom lash plans are all the way up top. Be sure to bring a rigidframe backpack, and cheap healing. Booze in canteens is great with iron liver, and you can raid the crackhouse for cheap healing items from the 2nd floor.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 09, 2009, 09:03:18 pm »

I'm appear to be stuck in the orphanage, and getting aroused off my ten year old body.

How do I get to the museum?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1264 on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:57 pm »

go out the front door. From the street in fron of the orphanage go:
n,n,w,w,w,n
then you are in the museum. gown down and south i think, find the perv and "service" him or kill him.
then you will start the character creation process. check the wiki for how to do that or just wing it, ask for help on chatnet. I say dont worry about getting it right at first, just play something for a week until you know what you wanna do.
I got nothing

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 09, 2009, 11:13:59 pm »

go out the front door. From the street in fron of the orphanage go:
n,n,w,w,w,n
then you are in the museum. gown down and south i think, find the perv and "service" him or kill him.
then you will start the character creation process. check the wiki for how to do that or just wing it, ask for help on chatnet. I say dont worry about getting it right at first, just play something for a week until you know what you wanna do.

Theres a front door?! 0o
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 10, 2009, 06:46:10 am »

It's at the west of the ground floor in the orphanage.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 10, 2009, 09:43:35 am »

Sharpton Heights isn't too bad if you just look before moving. Just try not to go too far in, and the air duct is very good since there are no mobs in there. Also, there are a nice set of five plans next to chester half the time, and the venom lash plans are all the way up top. Be sure to bring a rigidframe backpack, and cheap healing. Booze in canteens is great with iron liver, and you can raid the crackhouse for cheap healing items from the 2nd floor.

Yea, I usually kill Propecia for a free Nanite Healer and I never hit the complex without at least three nanite healers and two trauma kits. I'm a little iffy about Iron Liver though, reducing the effectiveness of Nanite Healers will probably get me killed unless the alcohol ticks really often, I need them to kill/escape the mutant rats.

I usually explore the whole place, actually, the only things that give me trouble are the mutant and hairless rats, I can kill the others without really taking any damage. That's really the only thing I don't like about this game, you miss so often it's not even funny. I can drop a mutant rat with five hits or three powerattacks, but they hit probably 4x as often. Even with fairly high sword skill the rats dodge 80% of the time. Makes guns a very attractive weapon admittedly, though being unable to parry when using a gun is a downside (if you dual wield a katana and a pistol, will you parry?).

The sad thing is, my base skill nerd character makes money faster than my fairly skilled scavenger. Prostitution pays really well if you have the medical skill to tell who's horny and who's sick.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 10, 2009, 10:05:01 am »

Yea, I usually kill Propecia for a free Nanite Healer and I never hit the complex without at least three nanite healers and two trauma kits. I'm a little iffy about Iron Liver though, reducing the effectiveness of Nanite Healers will probably get me killed unless the alcohol ticks really often, I need them to kill/escape the mutant rats.

I usually explore the whole place, actually, the only things that give me trouble are the mutant and hairless rats, I can kill the others without really taking any damage. That's really the only thing I don't like about this game, you miss so often it's not even funny. I can drop a mutant rat with five hits or three powerattacks, but they hit probably 4x as often. Even with fairly high sword skill the rats dodge 80% of the time. Makes guns a very attractive weapon admittedly, though being unable to parry when using a gun is a downside (if you dual wield a katana and a pistol, will you parry?).

The sad thing is, my base skill nerd character makes money faster than my fairly skilled scavenger. Prostitution pays really well if you have the medical skill to tell who's horny and who's sick.
dude you don't need any medical skills to see whose horny, type tac.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 10, 2009, 12:39:31 pm »

When you have Iron Liver, you do what is known as combat chugging. Take a half dozen canteens/plastic bottles, the plastic being preferable since they weigh much less empty then canteens, and when you would normally use a nanite, simple chug bottle. For more then one bottle, you would need to use chug 2nd bottle, and so on. When you chug a bottle, it ticks the alcohol much faster, and you heal almost instantly, pretty much a full heal in the space of a normal swing. The ONLY problems I have found with Iron Liver are the reduced effectiveness of the goo fountain in HF, and the excessive need to pee. Oh, and don't try chugging a jerry can mid combat to heal, unless your tanking. You can't stop chugging while fighting. Though they are very useful to keep yourself topped off while patrolling.

Oh, and in the crack house, there is a box that often has trauma kits of various sizes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 10, 2009, 12:44:45 pm »

When you have Iron Liver, you do what is known as combat chugging. Take a half dozen canteens/plastic bottles, the plastic being preferable since they weigh much less empty then canteens, and when you would normally use a nanite, simple chug bottle. For more then one bottle, you would need to use chug 2nd bottle, and so on. When you chug a bottle, it ticks the alcohol much faster, and you heal almost instantly, pretty much a full heal in the space of a normal swing. The ONLY problems I have found with Iron Liver are the reduced effectiveness of the goo fountain in HF, and the excessive need to pee. Oh, and don't try chugging a jerry can mid combat to heal, unless your tanking. You can't stop chugging while fighting. Though they are very useful to keep yourself topped off while patrolling.

Oh, and in the crack house, there is a box that often has trauma kits of various sizes.

Hmm, interesting. So my new mutation slot will definitely be Iron Liver, thanks. And I didn't know about the trauma kits, the only containers I've seen on the second floor of the crack mansion are the crate, which has some saleable crap, and the footlocker, which always has junk in it. Maybe I just keep raiding it after some other industrious player, idk. Thanks for the tip though.

Edit: As a side note, the bathtub in the crackhouse is full of gin which means you can fill a camelback with it, great for when you're wielding a two handed weapon and just need a quick heal in combat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:21:26 pm by Grendus »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:21 pm »

S S SW from the stairs IIRC is a cardboard box with some medical supplies in it on occasion.

Note that you want to check everything for IL. If you use drugs or some other things for combat boosts, it might not be worth it, especially with good medic skill.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 10, 2009, 05:22:23 pm »

S S SW from the stairs IIRC is a cardboard box with some medical supplies in it on occasion.

Note that you want to check everything for IL. If you use drugs or some other things for combat boosts, it might not be worth it, especially with good medic skill.

I use no drugs (mostly because I can't get them), so that's not really a consideration, and my medic skill is really low, so iron liver is nice. I carry around two canteens full of gin for chugging and a camelback for just regular healing/going into combat plastered. Works really well. I must admit, I'm really impressed with this mutation. Essentially it's free nanites with powerful residual effects. Going into combat really drunk gives you a brawn boost and 1/4 of your health ticks back every 15 seconds or so. It's really awesome.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 10, 2009, 09:04:23 pm »

guys, what the hell.

the more you talk about a mutation being nice, the greater the chances are that it will get nerfed.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 10, 2009, 09:16:49 pm »

All true dwarves get Iron Liver and drink by breaking open a barrel and chugging the whole thing at once.

I had an idea for a mutation. Epic Beard. Grow a beard you can store food, liquids, and items, plus gives some minor protection to the chest.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 311