Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478175 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1050 on: August 09, 2009, 06:19:27 pm »

Anyone who hasn't noticed yet, there are apartments for rent in The Innsmouth, a hotel on the shoreline. The periodic rent is $450 and the deposit is, if I recall, $2000. It's a decent place, FCPD cams for security, but no garbage chutes.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 09, 2009, 07:06:44 pm »

I got a room in the bradbury to myself. Also, vomitting on newbies, while not lethal as in DF, is still great fun. On that note, I am working on a still and could use two mugs. Also a soda keg.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 10, 2009, 09:41:46 am »

Hey Jackrabbit, did you take my Jerrycan? Can I get that back?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:45 am »

Anyone who hasn't noticed yet, there are apartments for rent in The Innsmouth, a hotel on the shoreline. The periodic rent is $450 and the deposit is, if I recall, $2000. It's a decent place, FCPD cams for security, but no garbage chutes.

Unless the prices have changed since I moved in there, the rent is actually 300 and the one off is, I think, 1000.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:35 am »

Iron Liver should be mandatory for all B12ers. Its such fun carrying around 20kg of booze, chugging from bottles and canteens to heal in combat, and from my jerrycan to keep me topped off in between fights.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 10, 2009, 03:15:12 pm »

Iron Liver is fantastic. Roshi Heihachi did a critical on me for about 17 damage, which I almost completely healed in one tic. I got a +4 followed very quickly by a +7, and I was fully healed by the next healing tic. I wasn't even very drunk, so I didn't even hit the maximum potential.

Also, I notice, though be careful should I be wrong, once you have Iron Liver, you can't pass out from drinking. Also, the "Blood Alcohol Level" appears to cap at 12, meaning that there is too much blood in your alcohol stream.

If anyone sees K.I.L.R.O.Y, he's a friend of mine. Notable for making the Best Typo Ever. I wanted him to smash down a door to the northeast, so I told him to type "kill ne". He typed "kill me". Yeah...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 10, 2009, 04:30:26 pm »

You can't pass out due to lack of blood in your alcohol system. I've chugged like 4 jerry cans in a row full of bathtub gin, and didn't pass out or even slur my speech, just like a proper dwarf.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 10, 2009, 04:49:57 pm »

...Can someone help me get Iron Liver? I TOTALLY WANT IT.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 10, 2009, 05:08:28 pm »

Head to the chem plant and look around. Minimal danger if any, probably less then FC due to less people, and it isn't to hard to find. Think its the western alcove right south of the gate to the plant.

Also, recommended watching for those getting Iron Liver. Jui Kuen aka Drunken Master. Jackie Chan movie, utterly incredible fight scenes.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 10, 2009, 08:18:15 pm »

Holy crap, HellMOO is great! I have a pretty well-set up character, or so I think, named UristMcDwarf (true to tradition) in WHORE. The people there are awesome. Would anyone recommend any new hunting spots other than crackheads and orphans? I can take care of crackheads with relative ease now (0-2 health loss per) so I think I'm ready to move on to greener pastures. Sorry if this has already been said, I'm a lazy pig so can't be bothered to look through the last three pages >.<

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 10, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »

The problem is, every mob takes a different setup, at least a little bit. Chuds in the sewers do slash damage, so if you have HD it does nothing against them. Personally, I think I am gonna do crackheads for quite a bit. Not sure what comes after chuds, either arachnos or lobsters, but arachnos do slash and stab damage and are fast, and lobsters only come out at night.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 10, 2009, 10:42:27 pm »

Chobos do only blunt damage, are not that much more difficult than crackheads, and offer more payout. Kill chobos.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 11, 2009, 12:14:00 am »

But chobos and chuds are in the same area, and chuds do slash and auto attack. Its best to be very careful about going up a step when killing.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 11, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

Holy crap, HellMOO is great! I have a pretty well-set up character, or so I think, named UristMcDwarf (true to tradition) in WHORE. The people there are awesome. Would anyone recommend any new hunting spots other than crackheads and orphans? I can take care of crackheads with relative ease now (0-2 health loss per) so I think I'm ready to move on to greener pastures. Sorry if this has already been said, I'm a lazy pig so can't be bothered to look through the last three pages >.<

I knew I saw you around in there. Chobos and Chuds are good but you have to be prepared to take slashing damage- carry a trauma kit, ideally a kit to stop bleeding, and always have some armor unless you have snakeskin.

If you're up for it, Zombies are good times. They attack really slowly, but they hit like a tank.

I think the admins are trying to let us know there are other places to go besides the Crack Mansion / Bradbury Basement / Sewers.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:24 pm »

Oh, thanks for the help everyone. I'll keep grinding crackheads for now and then move on to chuds/chobos. As for armor, I'm pretty good. Full set of lotus as well as some miscellaneous items (padded jerkin, plastic shinpads, hockey mask and rusty pot). What does plant whisperer do?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 311