Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478188 times)

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1005 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:05 pm »

Are there any games like HellMOO, except without losing experience and skill when you die? That really ruined the whole game for me.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:32 pm »

Are there any games like HellMOO, except without losing experience and skill when you die? That really ruined the whole game for me.

Clone, then you wont lose them.

Would it be possible to add a jumper(like from the movie) mutation that isn't overpowered?

blink or phase already exist.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:33 pm »

I should probably get phase. I'm a bit worried about telefragging myself though.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:42 pm »

I know, but if some guy comes and kills me after I train for awhile, I will lose my shit. Why someone would put that in a game, I don't know.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:56 pm »

I know, but if some guy comes and kills me after I train for awhile, I will lose my shit. Why someone would put that in a game, I don't know.

Buy a cocoon, then you don't lose your shit.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 04, 2009, 07:35:59 pm »

Buy a cocoon, then you don't lose your shit.

Yeah, but if I was not able to update my clone before the guy came and killed me, then I will lose the experience and skills I gained. I just cannot play games where I feel like I am in constant danger of somebody ruining my shit on a whim.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »

Ever played UO, Everquest or Lineage2?
In uo you can lose everything you have on you. in Lineage you lose like 5% exp, which can be hours or days of grinding at higher levels and in EQ you can lose both.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:43 pm »

I understand how you feel but the constant worry of being killed is an integral part of hellmoo. Why, not two days ago I attempted to suicide bomb someone in the the street. You either need to be careful, or lose all conception of your items and skills being worth anything and become uncaring about death.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:00 pm »

I understand how you feel but the constant worry of being killed is an integral part of hellmoo. Why, not two days ago I attempted to suicide bomb someone in the the street. You either need to be careful, or lose all conception of your items and skills being worth anything and become uncaring about death.

I realize that the developer was trying to keep players on their toes, but that kinda game isn't for me.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 04, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »

It's not hard to avoid death for the most part. Simply plan carefully, and try to grind in less populated areas. Find the spots where you can fight or scavenge or whatever that are hidden, and work there. Hell, I got like 3 days worth of crafting done in the prison without updating my clone. Simply have to pay attention to what your doing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »

It's not hard to avoid death for the most part. Simply plan carefully, and try to grind in less populated areas. Find the spots where you can fight or scavenge or whatever that are hidden, and work there. Hell, I got like 3 days worth of crafting done in the prison without updating my clone. Simply have to pay attention to what your doing.

It's just that I feel uncomfortable playing it. It feels like I am playing a ridiculously hard platformer that has checkpoints. Even if I do manage to become good enough at that platformer that it is unlikely I will die and go to the last checkpoint, I will still be unable to have fun playing it, because at any second I can die and I will have to do it all over again. I guess it is just too hardcore for me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 04, 2009, 07:55:27 pm »

Ah well. Sorry to see you go.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:49 pm »

Ah well. Sorry to see you go.

I have been gone from it awhile, I just want to know if there are any games similar to it, without the problems I mentioned.

Candlejack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 04, 2009, 07:59:15 pm »

blink or phase already exist.
I meant as an extension to blink that lets you take people with you and is less prone to telefragging.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 04, 2009, 08:09:06 pm »

dunno if you can grab someone and phase both, but higher focus = less telefrag.
And how is that not supposed to be overpowered? but if you figure out a good idea put it on *ideas ingame and an admin might like it.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 311