Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476794 times)

Pleeb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #510 on: July 18, 2009, 10:47:50 pm »

Can't find the Museum.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 18, 2009, 10:59:36 pm »

Use lmap Pleeb.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 18, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »

Worker, I caught a fish for you.

Pleeb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2009, 11:19:27 pm »

Use lmap Pleeb.
I have been. Searched the whole city now I think. Wiki says west of the crack mansion.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2009, 11:22:44 pm »

It is right next to the crack mansion, but you must enter it from the east.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 18, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »

It is west of crack mansion.
It the building right next to crack mansion.

DAMN NINJA'D

EDIT: You don't enter it from the east. You can enter from the north or west. East is CM.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:30:33 pm by Jack_Bread »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 19, 2009, 12:17:55 am »

If you go past the crack mansion, to the intersection, then north one, you can enter from the east. That's how I always get in.

Athas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 19, 2009, 03:12:59 am »

Alternatively, just inside the orphanage, there is a box of museum flyers.  Get one, use the 'follow flyer' command, and you'll automatically walk there.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 19, 2009, 03:24:04 am »

I'm starting to get bored of this game...

It's losing its appeal I guess. Also, the amount of grinding needed is quite absurd at higher levels.

Edit: I'm probably gonna take a break from this game for awhile.

A last bit of pointer for the newer players. When you plan on travelling outside of the city, please bring the following with you and put it in a bag or a pack. You can buy carrying containers (which reduce the weight of anything put inside it) at Eschaton Outfitters at the SE end of the city. It's right by Ammu-nation, Protect Ye Neck, and the Clone Arrangers.

1. Canteen of water (Available at EO).
Not only used for drinking, but also if you get zombie gunk on yourself and need a quick wash. Refill whenever possible as you never know when you're going to end up relying on that one canteen for days because you're lost somewhere.

2. Climbing rope (Available at EO)
This is quite vital. Regardless of your climbing skill, you really shouldn't risk that 30m climb just because you think you can. The consequences of falling from 30m is quite harsh indeed. If possible try to hang ropes from cliffs or other climbing surfaces before you descend and it'll make your adventuring life much easier.

3. Soylent / dogjerky (Soylent is available from processing corpses at the recycling centre across from the orphanage. Dogjerky can be bought in the village of Lurleen a little ways out West of Freedom City.)
I recommend dogjerky over soylent simply because it's much cheaper. The journey to Lurleen itself is very safe, the biggest dangers along the way probably being wild dogs. From FC, just go south through Slagtown until you can go south no further, then west. Keep going west, passing the chemical plant, a farmhouse, and a truck stop, and you should be in Lurleen. These foods are prime for adventuring as they don't expire (at least, I've never seen one shrivel away or go bad) and can be eaten repeatedly for full nourishment. Try to carry 2-3 pieces of jerky or soylent if you go anywhere, especially if your scavenge skill is terrible.

4. Trauma kit (available at Meds 4 Less, right next to EO)
It doesn't matter if you don't have any medic skill. Always bring one. If you can afford better gear, get nanites instead for quicker healing. If possible, bring two. Heck, bring as many as you can.

5. Cocoon (available at EO)
Below 10,000xp, get whites. Anything above that, get blues. Reds are nearly impossible to get for players of our level and not worth the effort really. Always have one, because you never know when you're gonna die. Should be common sense, but never leave home without one.

Optional gear:
1. Other medical gear - if you have decent medic, meaning about 10 or so, you might want to consider bringing along suture kits (stop bleeding), mortilex hypos (stop zombie rot), and insta-casts (repair broken bones).
2. Coffee or soda - The boost to brains that comes from drinking these can be useful when you really, really need brains (you're infected by zombie rot and need to administer mortilex). Not exactly vital, but can be useful.
3. Cigarettes and lighter - A must have when travelling in the sewers, as the bug queen will spit you out if you smoke. They also give a cool boost, with certain other cigs administering other bonuses. Try them out and see.
4. Spare weapon - Preferably try to bring along a different class of weapon than what you currently use. Some enemies can pull your weapon from your hand, so you'd want to have something to backup to when the time comes. It's not particularly vital, but useful to know. Always carry a bladed weapon of some sort though, so you can butcher creatures of value.

I think if you guys carry the essentials with you, you should be able to live outside FC for quite some time. Hope this helps newer players. Most of the stuff on the list is really cheap too, so don't be afraid to buy them.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 19, 2009, 03:58:34 pm »

Today on hellmoo, we have the death of Kholhaus.

SofiaB12 levels her sawn-off shotgun at Kholhaus's head.
Kholhaus stands up from the moldy sofa.
Kholhaus makes a move...
SofiaB12 lowers her sawn-off shotgun casually until it's pointing straight at Kholhaus.
BLAM!  You pull the trigger.
Kholhaus crumples to the ground, gasps out his last breath, and dies.
SofiaB12 lowers her sawn-off shotgun.

I took a picture too.

A rectangular piece of plasticky paper.
It's a photograph of Kholhaus, showing:
A tall young man who seems a bit bulky, He stands out from the scenery, as he has a shaved head. His teeth are yellow from nicotine, and he seems a bit stiff.
Kholhaus appears to have been shot to death.
The body of Kholhaus is completely covered in blood.
The body of Kholhaus seems to be dead.
He is wearing a leather beret, a leather jacket, a pair of camo pants, a pair of basketball shoes, and a hockey mask.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm starting to get bored of this game...

It's losing its appeal I guess. Also, the amount of grinding needed is quite absurd at higher levels.
QFT.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 19, 2009, 05:15:41 pm »

Why did you do that Sofia? I am so not going anywhere near you. You'll probably kill me, rape my corpse and film the whole thing.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 19, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »

How is that ANY different from the usual?

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #523 on: July 19, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »

I don't think you can rape corpses in HellMOO.

Of course I never tried.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2009, 05:24:45 pm »

How is that ANY different from the usual?

Because so far it's been
a) Consensual
b) Done whilst I was alive
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 311