Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476693 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2009, 10:33:14 pm »

...As intriguing as this sounds, I'll think I'll learn to play MUD's in a less disturbing environment. We'll see. Temptation may win out yet and bring me down to the depths of depravity with you guys. ;D

The descriptions are really worse than the actual game. I was expecting something worse, really. Guess I'm more jaded than I thought.

Anyway, I'll have to play this more later. Time to find me a nice wiki read up on this monstrosity.  ;D

Tsktac

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:00 pm »

...As intriguing as this sounds, I'll think I'll learn to play MUD's in a less disturbing environment. We'll see. Temptation may win out yet and bring me down to the depths of depravity with you guys. ;D

Really it's quite intuitive... wow that makes sound evil  ;D  It's actually got a great map and plebeian container system.

Just don't trust cultists and you'll do fine  ;D

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2009, 10:47:29 pm »

I used to play some MUDs, but all in all...  this sounds a biiiit too depraved for me, too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2009, 11:09:49 pm »

Unless you're from SomethingAwful, you're not going to find any nice wikis. The regular wiki is only good for the basics and even then, it's outdated.

Most of the info will come from your fellow players and exploration.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:51 pm »

It's not *quite* as depraved as we make it out to be. We single out the worst things for your pleasure. Really, there's a few disturbing things you might have to do, but they can be avoided. Hunting rabid orphans is one of them, and also an NPC you'll meet very early on, but he can be bypassed or slain. And it's possible the orphans will hunt you, first.

Actually, almost anything extremely lewd is entirely a result of actions by other players. Kholhaus has been trying to stay rather uncorrupted by all this. Indeed, as of late, my journeys have been remarkably ... tame. Skydiving with Umiman was tainted by dying a lot, but that's not all that disturbing. Afterwords I hunted zombies, which is pretty usual. I slew a few samurai, as well, but that's par for the course in most games.

You'll find something nasty from time to time, but that's how it SHOULD be, in my opinion. You're in a post apocalyptic wasteland. People are evil!

You're not actually forced into doing, well, anything, but it's certainly not for everyone.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:18 pm »

Yeah. That NPC... I killed him.  ;D

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:32 pm »

You're not actually forced into doing, well, anything
Unless someone rapes you.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2009, 11:32:01 pm »

Chastity belts have locks, right?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »

That's why there is lockpicking.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2009, 11:34:35 pm »

Lockpicking when holding someone down?

Tsktac

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2009, 12:05:08 am »

Chastity belts have locks, right?
That's why there is lockpicking.
Lockpicking when holding someone down?

I know there's a joke in there somewhere... but it's just not coming :(

I did too but he came back after the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Weird eh?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2009, 12:06:56 am »

You could always do what Quagmire did when faced with a "Modeled" lock.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2009, 12:09:40 am »

I did too but he came back after the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Weird eh?

Yep same for me. The fact that I got a job complete notice, an xp boost (that I couldn't keep) and some money (not sure if I got to keep it) amused the hell out of me.

I'd have done it the other way, but inexperience with the game + the limited parser eventually led me to rage-kill him.  ;D Hell, let's face it, I'd have probably killed him either way.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 15, 2009, 12:54:59 am »

I wasn't about to let that dude make a fool out of me, so I just ended up punching him to death while using feint alot.

He's just an NPC, so he'll respawn like all the other ones. And he's just there to make life as an orphan hard for you, namely by stopping you from passing right on through. Mostly, what you should count on is that you fight him with a couple of other orphan PCs so you can take him down quickly, that or an adult PC passes by and takes him out for you. The only problem with that is that I think there's a camera there, and it doesn't go red for orphans, but It probably would for adults. Which would be the problem.

The game isn't THAT bad, but there are the nasty bits. And if you get a bunch of depraved and perverted people in a game that has all the mechanics for that shit, your likely to see some pretty hilariously disgusting and crude stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 15, 2009, 01:52:02 am »

cameras track orphans as well. I know this because I got repeatedly mauled by K-9s as an orphan.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 311