Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 475928 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2009, 07:10:45 am »

I'm liking the combat system, it's all pretty readable.
The 'narration' isn't that good though, it keeps switching between 1st and 3rd-person.
"Rhodan fondles the slave."
"You feel horny."
It just doesn't look right.  I guess I'm too used to Discworld, it puts everything in the right person for everyone.

Lol, I find it a little funny that there's a lot of typos in the sex code. It's like the creators were too horny to pay attention to what they were doing.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2009, 07:23:56 am »

Yeah, I noticed the typos too.  I should rep them.  The 1st and 3rd person issues are progamming things, though.  They just didn't write code to output strings to the player and the other players in different persons. (not that hard)

Speaking of inconsistent typos in sex, how hard/wise would it be to go get the fuck machine mutation right away?  Or would I be better of with another mutation first?
I'd like flight, fuck machine and some others, preferably non-disfiguring.

Another thing that bugs me is my age.  I really don't want to be 13, is there a way to age faster, or will I age rapidly to 18 or something?

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2009, 08:23:33 am »

Yeah, I noticed the typos too.  I should rep them.  The 1st and 3rd person issues are progamming things, though.  They just didn't write code to output strings to the player and the other players in different persons. (not that hard)

Speaking of inconsistent typos in sex, how hard/wise would it be to go get the fuck machine mutation right away?  Or would I be better of with another mutation first?
I'd like flight, fuck machine and some others, preferably non-disfiguring.

Another thing that bugs me is my age.  I really don't want to be 13, is there a way to age faster, or will I age rapidly to 18 or something?

You age over time, I'm not sure how long it is.
Get High-Density first. It's in Maas-Neotek. You will need it if you want to level at a resonable pace.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:17 am »

Good grief, this game is dodgy.

I'm being a nice person and people are helping me out, I suppose being polite is paying dividends.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2009, 09:21:28 am »

I joined the game a week ago almost, didnt notice this thread though until now. I have already seen MANY DFers, and added many of them to my friends list. Also, I joined the WHORE corp, and got a nice apartment ( With Floirt as my roommate :o ).

Awesome game all in all.

EDIT: I also made a party for B12ers, contact me or Floirt to get an invite to chat with other B12ers!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:39:19 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2009, 09:41:01 am »

can someone that has a high climb skill come and teach me please?

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2009, 10:03:12 am »

How many of you have types k <name> instead of l <name> and gotten hard time?

I'm of the opinion that this game is not for me, given the fact that it so harshly punishes simple newbie mistakes with prison time (where you get instagibbed).

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2009, 10:32:17 am »

You age over time, I'm not sure how long it is.

IRL, a day in-game is about 6 hours (maybe), thus a year is about three months if my calculations are correct, therefore you'll reach the age of 18 in about 1.3 years, more or less.

EDIT: Sorry, 8 hours to a day, 4 RL months for a year, and about 1.8 years to grow from 13 to 18.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:09:03 pm by Trorbes »

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:33 am »

That sucks.  I've read you age faster by being cloned, though.  Any other way to advance my age more rapidly in a relatively cheap and safe manner?

Senso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://lendemaindeveille.com
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2009, 01:02:22 pm »

I'm the guy who coded the Go boards.  8)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2009, 01:04:40 pm »

Well my character is 17 and I have definitely not been playing for more than 4 months.

KreuzKopf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2009, 01:06:16 pm »

DEAR BAY12 USERS

START UP A CORPORATION CONTRACTS PAY THE BILLS

http://hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

THIS IS THE WIKI READ IT

http://hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Simple_character_building_guide

AND THAT

leetdood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2009, 01:24:34 pm »

Hey! I'm Alastor, an admin. Some things to know:

Many of the hellmoo admins and player love DF and LCS. There's even dorfnet (a joke, don't call it that in front of dagon) which you can turn on by doing 'playnet on' and talk on by doing 'pla text'. Other broadcasts nets are: chatnet/'chat text', tradenet/'trade text', orphanet/'orpha text', zotnet/'zot text'. Orphanet is useful if you're an orphan and need to know where to log out or how to Grow Up. Chatnet is for chat of any kind (a note: the players are scum and will lie to you. constantly. but you'll grow to like it). Zotnet is for asking the admins questions (but game design related or implementation related, not 'will this crackhead kill me' or 'why won't Avram buy this pog').

Gilmore, the main wizard (head admin) sadly has not played DF, but most of the admins have and it is a great game. What you need to know about hellmoo: it is amazingly fun, but very grindy at points, mostly midgame. Your stats strongly determine what character builds you can have. You can't have a blades character with 8 reflexes and 8 cool. Be sure to read the simple character building guide, 'help alts' and 'help griefing'.

You can send in ideas or bugs by doing @qsend *bugs or @qsend *ideas. 'help mail' will explain more. (DON'T DO @read new on *list if you've never read it before)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:27:44 pm by leetdood »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2009, 01:55:46 pm »

I find it interesting that so many of the games that get discussed here for the first time end up being commented on by the guys who made it :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »

this is because we are a respected, intelligent forum.

can you see the same happening on 4chan?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 311