Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476010 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4575 on: September 11, 2013, 11:28:25 am »

snip

Things would have gone a lote more civil if you hadn't dragged the corpse inside, I mean, you even admitted that you tried to look what she had on her.

I don't know kid, I think you fucked up.
The rule used to be, if it wasn't bolted down, you could take it. There are bolt down mechanics in place for gear. Namely cocoons. Now, yeah. If you find a corpse, leave it be. Blah, boring.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:34 am »

I don't know what kind of fantasies you guys have about the game, but thinking that it's okay to rob a guy blind and not expect an angry gank squad rushing towards you is a bit silly. That's at least what I think.

I mean, even when cocoons didn't really protect much, back in like, 2011 or something, we used to have all sorts of dramatic shit like that. Hell, even the admins were assholes back then as well.

All I'm saying is...

..that it's not a news.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 11, 2013, 11:59:31 am »

Robbing a guy blind and not expect a gank squad sounds normal for most cases in my experience. As far as i know, its only when one corp tries to do a break in that the gank squad tends to be roused.
Back in the days that is.

I can't say I know all of kagus situation, But I'd expect that they do not want to listen because that means they can attack with impunity.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:40 pm »

Y'know, I had a lot of fun with Discworld MUD, so I'll look into this when I've actually got my graphics card installed. Otherwise this'll distract me and I'll forget to do it.

Speaking of which, expect me to get murdered horribly when I mix some commands up or something. 
Everybody!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: September 11, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

I don't know what kind of fantasies you guys have about the game, but thinking that it's okay to rob a guy blind and not expect an angry gank squad rushing towards you is a bit silly. That's at least what I think.

Uhh...  What?  I do hope you're not talking to me, because that had nothing to do with anything in my situation.  I summon some dudes and try to put them in my apartment, some N-tag is logged off in the path and gets killed by the auto-aggroing zombros while I try and clean up the gorillabots, I check her body to see if she has anything of interest, and that's when I start getting shot at with pages from a couple others in the corp.

I stop mucking with the corpse and try to talk out some way of getting the body back to them when they stop communicating with me and someone charges in to reclaim the body by force.  Then I get sent to a ban hearing because of this.

Nobody was robbed, and no gank squads were involved.  I mean, yeah, sure, there was that one dude who killed me...  But that's not even really worth mentioning.  I'm just pissed that the admins somehow felt that this was griefing and that I should go on the blacklist for douchenozzle offenders, and that they got involved as such.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: September 17, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

...somehow the variant with PvP is the more chill one.  No one gets ganked, we mostly just faff around and try ridiculous shit.  Like earlier today, we were trying to rob Crowbar's basement via portalling inside the bug queen (turns out, you can't do that.  God dammit.)

VVV I play the InfernoMOO variant.  Lots of fun there.  We have a fair chunk of the oldbies, I'm one of the most powerful players around (somehow), and we mostly just fuck around and try ridiculous builds and such.

inferno.optiquest.org at port 7777
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:31:46 pm by Galick »
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 17, 2013, 02:23:00 pm »

Is griefmoo still online? I lost the adress..

I like some anarchistic fun :P
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure anarchy/griefMOO got nuked after Gilmore figured out he didn't want to bother with having anything to do with it.

If it didn't get nuked, I'm pretty sure all the playerbase up and left when they figured out they didn't want to bother having anything to do with it either.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 17, 2013, 08:13:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure anarchy/griefMOO got nuked after Gilmore figured out he didn't want to bother with having anything to do with it.

If it didn't get nuked, I'm pretty sure all the playerbase up and left when they figured out they didn't want to bother having anything to do with it either.

It was a really good time for a while but there were only about 50 participants, so it got old and fell off usage wise.  And then got nuked.  But it was rad while it was up

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:24 am »

It was a really good time for a while but there were only about 50 participants, so it got old and fell off usage wise.  And then got nuked.  But it was rad while it was up

All those nuke puns makes me radiate
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 18, 2013, 07:29:00 am »

I thought it was closer to about 10 participants, just that a couple of them had a dozen alt accounts on at the same time.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:23 am »

I thought it was closer to about 10 participants, just that a couple of them had a dozen alt accounts on at the same time.

There were at least 30 players, I think one or two lame-os tried to run 5+ bots (it was unrestricted as an experiment).  I ran a corp and made about 700k I guess?  It takes a fair amount of time investment to pvp properly on hellmoo (ambushing people, stunning them, surprise attacks, finding them) but there were a few decent clashes and plenty of suitcase nuking.

I was reminded of this because I googled up the DRS pastebin archive.  Start with this one: In Which a Hellfire Orgy runs afoul of a Gentleman and his Satchel full of fuel rods by one of my favorite hellmoo players (right up there with notdeadyet, laser spider, bonghitz, and zaylin (ironically)), CheechLizard.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: October 23, 2013, 09:50:32 am »

There were at least 30 players, I think one or two lame-os tried to run 5+ bots (it was unrestricted as an experiment).  I ran a corp and made about 700k I guess?  It takes a fair amount of time investment to pvp properly on hellmoo (ambushing people, stunning them, surprise attacks, finding them) but there were a few decent clashes and plenty of suitcase nuking.

I was reminded of this because I googled up the DRS pastebin archive.  Start with this one: In Which a Hellfire Orgy runs afoul of a Gentleman and his Satchel full of fuel rods by one of my favorite hellmoo players (right up there with notdeadyet, laser spider, bonghitz, and zaylin (ironically)), CheechLizard.

Im not in any of those 0/10

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:13 am »

You could have been one of the renamed sexhavers. I could see it happening.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: October 24, 2013, 04:53:47 pm »

You could have been one of the renamed sexhavers. I could see it happening.

Considering someone actually changed my hellfire name to "A Giant Flesh Rail" I doubt that any of them were me.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 311