Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476247 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4140 on: April 30, 2011, 06:11:32 pm »

That happened to me while I was dumpster diving pre-chillmoo one time, too.

Also, the dumpster I was checking when it happened yielded a bag fucking FULL of crafting recipes.  scrolled down a whole page full.  It was pretty cool.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: May 01, 2011, 12:09:12 am »

That happened to me while I was dumpster diving pre-chillmoo one time, too.

Also, the dumpster I was checking when it happened yielded a bag fucking FULL of crafting recipes.  scrolled down a whole page full.  It was pretty cool.

Dumpster diving is occasionally awesome. I can never understand why I find cool stuff when I've never seen someone use a dumpster.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »

the only thing I remember about dumpsters is that they seem to be constantly splashed with semen. I found a dead baby in one once, and sold it.
also I drew my character.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: May 02, 2011, 09:57:41 pm »

A dead baby was in the first dumpster I ever checked.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4144 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:47 am »

My poor laptop broke due to hardware issues, (i.e. the lid is falling off) so I might not be able to play unless I can figure something out with my desktop. The only problem I have is that I have to sit pretty far from the screen and MUSHClient doesn't have a text resizing feature AFAIK. I may not be on for a while, and if I am on I'll be playing my secret character.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: May 03, 2011, 02:48:58 am »

Is Hellmoo worth playing, now? Or has it gone soft on us?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: May 03, 2011, 02:53:10 am »

Its pretty much back to oldmoo as far as I can tell. Grind cap at 15, prices have been jacked up and the goonsquad will kill anyone and everyone indiscriminately.

We even have a Stabs-corp with drama and people leaving to form a splinter corp.
Which was actually rather fun since Stabs and the guy who did it retroactively decided it was planned all along

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: May 03, 2011, 03:09:55 am »

Do I have to pay real money for any stuff?

A dead baby was in the first dumpster I ever checked.
*Singing* I'm just a HellNight dumpster baby! Ain't got no gun, ain't got no bat!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:22:31 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:03 am »

Do HellMoo clients vary in features? For example, do some have more items than others? What client should I use?

[edit] Nevermind the clients, how do I even connect?

[EDIT] OHSHIT! DOUBLE POST.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:28:13 am by Angel Of Death »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:54 am »

Do HellMoo clients vary in features? For example, do some have more items than others? What client should I use?

[EDIT] OHSHIT! DOUBLE POST.
There are a lot of different mud clients, but for starters you should probably just use one that works.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:07 am »

Hang on... Why does the frontpage say
Posted April 15th, 2009 by Spunky
HellMOO was a post-apocalyptic text-based role-playing game. HellMOO has been closed to the general public as of April 8, 2011. We had a good run but the original staff have decided to retire and work on other projects.

We have allowed our server source code and database to be used for a new MOO run by some of the players of HellMOO. Hopefully they won't just recycle the same content and/or turn it into a griefer haven, but we're not holding our breath.

If you need to contact any of the original HellMOO staff or are looking to make contact with old friends feel free to drop us a line at help@hellmoo.org.

Cheers,
Spunky

Is the game dead? Is "After The End" any better?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:32:25 am by Angel Of Death »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: May 03, 2011, 05:34:48 am »

Hang on... Why does the frontpage say
Posted April 15th, 2009 by Spunky
HellMOO was a post-apocalyptic text-based role-playing game. HellMOO has been closed to the general public as of April 8, 2011. We had a good run but the original staff have decided to retire and work on other projects.

We have allowed our server source code and database to be used for a new MOO run by some of the players of HellMOO. Hopefully they won't just recycle the same content and/or turn it into a griefer haven, but we're not holding our breath.

If you need to contact any of the original HellMOO staff or are looking to make contact with old friends feel free to drop us a line at help@hellmoo.org.

Cheers,
Spunky

Is the game dead? Is "After The End" any better?
HATE is what we're playing. Hellmoo itself is dead and reincarnated.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: May 03, 2011, 05:35:15 am »

Oh... Is HATE any better and where can I find it?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: May 03, 2011, 05:36:58 am »

Oh... Is HATE any better and where can I find it?
Yes, hence why we're playing it.
http://aftertheend.org/

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: May 03, 2011, 05:43:01 am »

Alright, how do I use Mushclient?
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 311