Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476293 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3930 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:03 pm »

Now's the time to get back in, everyone is an N tag.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:04 pm »

Hellmoo has turned into carebearmoo.
Everyone gets the same xp gain, the same skill gain, ect.

EVERYONE MUST BE EQUAL.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:25 am »

Hellmoo has turned into carebearmoo.
Everyone gets the same xp gain, the same skill gain, ect.

EVERYONE MUST BE EQUAL.
Do you have a problem with equality? Waiting is true entertainment.
Still, Hellmoo is the best fishing game there is.
Also it's probably a joke.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: April 06, 2011, 12:49:59 am »

I really doubt its a joke.
But really, now its impossible to be a fisher, and still be competitive in pvp.
I did manage to abuse a bug in the 15 seconds or so before it was fixed, so I am 6xp above anyone else. Therefore, I am currently the most powerful person in hellmoo.
Also, you are stronger if you don't play, as you don't die and lose xp from that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:54:34 am by MagmaDeath »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3934 on: April 06, 2011, 01:12:50 am »

Also it's probably a joke.
This is what I'm trying to convince myself of. It's not working.
What little respect for this game I had left is gone.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: April 06, 2011, 01:23:19 am »

It's more like this. They wanted to take out alot of the grinding that was in place.

While its true everyone gets the same amount of base xp, you can still do jobs and journal/achievements/travels/kills for more xp. In fact they are now the only way to get ahead of other people. I feel this will increase PvP. A lot of new players getting into the game would always hit that 30-50k xp and start being griefed out of the game by those who viewed them as potenial competition. This helps out by getting them past that point.

They've also changed it so you can no longer have alts. So no more fear of spies and such.

You also can no longer grind skills and must instead learn them. And teaching no longer gives xp(for obvious reasons).
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: April 06, 2011, 02:20:16 am »

Hmm. Interesting. Could be worth playing now. Do you really still lose xp from dieing, thats a pain.

Edit: Just realized that once people hit 5000 xp out of chargen, the cube hotel will be worthless. So yeah, need apts.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: April 06, 2011, 02:27:54 am »

The thing is, jobs/journals/achivements/travels give you basically no xp, in the long run of things. Currently, its only possible to do around 10% of the games content. In a month or so, you will be able to do another 10%.

The other ways of gaining xp really give nothing in the grand scheme of things, around 30k xp of you do them all. And doing them all requires more than 100k xp.

It will increase pvp though new characters, who just rush through, learn  skills, do the high xp quests, and kill things they encounter along the way being stronger than characters that people play for a few hours a day, for months.

Spies were never alts, they were people who were convinced to defect. Anyone who spied with an alt was pretty much banned on the spot. There is really no reason they should not allow alts.

Basically, as the admins themselves said, there is currently no reason at all for old players to play. And no reason for new players to play, until everyone has gained a ton of xp in a few months.

And yeah beron, you still lose xp from dying. Which means there is no reason to play the game over a 20 minute period where you gym, or buy skills.\

Also, either don't be an oldbie, or complain about the changes at all, or you will be banned from zotnet for 90 real life days.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:33:02 am by MagmaDeath »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: April 06, 2011, 02:52:02 am »

Its possible to get a ton of xp from jobs and such. I think Vinum figured out he could get 100k xp from them. That was back when cocoons were effective xp, so he'd be powerful as hell while still having whites work perfectly.

There are a few issues I see with this new world. Crafters are screwed. You need a strong, cooperative corp to get crafters anywhere, since 90% of jobs and quests, and 100% of kill journals, are combat related.

As for the rest, trees and ants are gonna be farmed to death, most likely by rape squads. Turtles will be a fun challenge as well, probably go extinct.

I don't know. Have to see how much xp you get daily.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: April 06, 2011, 03:52:32 am »

So hold on, IP has been removed completly, am I correct?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:59 am »

So hold on, IP has been removed completly, am I correct?
It's just only attainable through jobs basically.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: April 06, 2011, 03:57:17 am »

So yes, since there are basically no jobs that give enough IP for a full level.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: April 06, 2011, 04:05:56 am »

...This revision is sounding pretty lame, and has mostly crushed the little desire I had to get back to it.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: April 06, 2011, 04:25:07 am »

The game is pretty much ruined now, really.  I'm really just on it to talk with my hell friends who I can't get in contact with outside the game.  And they debuffed journal xp, too.  I think someone mentioned something like...100 xp for Edith's dolly?  Not sure of the exact amount.  It's really not hell anymore...no more effort to put forth to get ahead of the curve.  AND roomkits cost 100k at the cheapest.  I haven't looked at a bathroom or trophy kit yet, but a Freezer was 240k.  So...yeah, Hell is done until next wipe in about a year according to admins.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: April 06, 2011, 04:42:51 am »

Well, with daily xp, either its so low it won't matter, like 10 xp a day, or its high enough to actually add up, like 1000 xp a day. Of course, at 1000 xp a day, in 100 days everyone is at 100000 xp. In a year, everyone is at genevieve levels of xp. Without doing a single thing.

So yeah. Yearly wipes are much more likely now.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 311