Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476226 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3885 on: February 27, 2011, 07:38:54 am »

Started Playing Hellmoo again. Bombay is the name.

Got any good corps to suggest?

Generally speaking, no matter what corp I'm in at the time, I'll always recommend KREW.  It's a neutral corp, with great support and players who have the patience to answer your many terrible questions and help you when you do scrubby stuff. Perfect group for newer players or even mid level players.

COPS is invite only AFAIK, GRU is on lockdown/only hiring with extreme caution due to security breaches (heh). Other than that most corps are kind of pretty much terrible.

Some of the smaller corps that have been around for a while have powerful and mostly helpful corpies, but they aren't all that active.

Don't join GOCI it's full of sexhaves, literally. Like, yes it's funny to joke about someone being a sexhaver, but Lebowski literally spends a great portion of his gaming time in his apartment having cyber-sex.

Seems like GOCI is for when everything else gets boring. I'll look into KREW thanks.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: February 28, 2011, 01:52:21 am »

Huh, WOMBAT was buggered and decided to drop the ball?  Shame.  Guess that means I just lost everything I own, plus what little cash I had left (cloning charges).

Seeing as I don't exactly have a world of time these days in any case, I can't really imagine a particularly compelling reason to come back to HellMOO now that WOMBAT has scattered to the four winds.  I've been seeing less and less of a point to continue playing the longer I play it.

I can still heartily recommend it to new blood, however.  I'm just a cranky old codger with a few strong opinions.

EDIT:  Did Stabs get his Christmas present, by the way?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:53 am »

Pretty sure he got his present. As for your gear, we can probably cobble something up for you.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Fujikoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: March 05, 2011, 12:11:00 am »

YEah, Kagus, I know the feeling... But once you bounce back once, you begin to realize how easy it is to recover from even very devastating setbacks, whether it's lost xp or items... I've heard it said that most of hellmoo is hillariously overgeared, and from what I've seen, I believe it. Honestly, a naked guy with a fireaxe (and a bunch of friends similarly equipped) should be a little bit scarier than the guy geared up to the max, because the guy with the axe has nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by relieving you of the burden of your precious text...

And who knows? Perhaps Wombat will make a comeback someday, but in the meantime, there are many different angles to approach the game from... As far as I know, there are still members of wombat, not very active most of the time from what I've observed, even considering most of wombat has scattered to other corps. It's good to get out, meet people, make connections outside your corp, you may find friends among the ranks of your "enemies"... Just be careful picking your allies, as well as your enemies, because in some ways those actions are one in the same.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

James Sunderland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:58 am »

Is this worth playing if COPS is just going to rule all of Hell?  Or does this just mean I have to spend money on an SA account to get into COPS and have fun? How many of the admins are goons? Anybody? Charlatan, you're from SA right what's the deal?
Until I embarked on a map with an aquifer, I had always taken rocks for granite.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:46 pm »

Is this worth playing if COPS is just going to rule all of Hell?  Or does this just mean I have to spend money on an SA account to get into COPS and have fun? How many of the admins are goons? Anybody? Charlatan, you're from SA right what's the deal?
You don't need SA to be in COPS.
I had an offer to join them, and choose not to.
But really, its still worth playing. You can avoid being griefed by COPS by being smart, and you can avoid being robbed in many ways.
Being killed really doesn't matter much anyway, if you know a crafter or two, and being robbed really doesn't matter much unless you are a crafter, of have millions of things.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: March 05, 2011, 10:43:02 pm »

There's no deal. Lots of COPS is not from SA. I didn't come to HellMOO through SA, and was in DRS (precursor to COPS) long before I had an SA account. We turn down people from SA all the time and just hire people we like, or friends of friends, etc. You will hear a lot of people claiming COPS invited them to join when we did not, as well as a lot of COPS hatred from people who asked to join and were turned down because we didn't know them or whatever. COPS is aggressive and several of the members like PVP and robbery very much, but that doesn't mean everyone gets harassed. You can definitely invite it or not.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: March 19, 2011, 11:38:06 am »

WOMBAT is back. MAZUI COME BACK TO US, WE MISS YOU(and your crafting skills). Log on now and get hired back and stuff
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: March 19, 2011, 11:39:46 am »

How the hell do I play this?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:50 am »

Well, I met someone quite nice while playing. She watched my body until I got back after I choked when I chugged penis enlargement pills from a bottle.

It seemed like a very good idea at the time.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

I'm not trying to be a demanding, whiney bitch but can somebody tell me how to play this?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:18 am »

I'm not trying to be a demanding, whiney bitch but can somebody tell me how to play this?
If you have no experience with muds start on easy ones first.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: March 20, 2011, 11:25:26 am »

http://hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/
Go here, read everything. Some of it is out of date but for the most part its good. Then start playing and get help/advice ingame
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: March 22, 2011, 01:46:53 pm »

Alright, I'm Tiana of LEGION.  Page me in Hell if you need any assistance, I'm happy to provide it in most ways.  May as well just stop lurking at this point.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: March 28, 2011, 01:15:47 am »

This thread inspired me to play HellMOO, and I've recently lost my newbie tag. Is there a corp for Bay12ers? I have medic and fist as my main skills, and would like to learn to craft.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 311