Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476259 times)

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3870 on: February 14, 2011, 07:56:11 am »

Interestingly, I wasn't referring to that. I'd chalked that up to pisspoor design and documentation.

My mistake. So which other way were you victimized by The Goon Menace?
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 14, 2011, 08:09:38 am »

To those who aren't aware: some goons screwed with WOMBAT's HQ door once because that is part of the game, and WOMBAT declared a glorious war to end all griefing forever in the HellMOO world, complete with creepy and obsessive dossiers on COPS corp members and a lot of talk about how these people (myself included, to those who don't know me) are The One True Evil, etc. etc. It didn't go well for them. It is a great example of how not to play the game (taking things very seriously, getting easily upset, moral crusades, etc.) There are lots of good, chill corps that cater to playing without ~the drama~, you shouldn't have trouble finding one if you look around a bit.
Lets see...  That "creepy and obsessive dossiers on COPS corp members" was mostly made by a GRU player, we just tagged along, and it didn't contain much info anyway.
The tensions between COPS and WOMBAT was mostly because a few COPS simply kill anyone when they get a chance and with enough deaths, anyone is bound to get tired of them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: February 14, 2011, 08:26:07 am »

Interestingly, I wasn't referring to that. I'd chalked that up to pisspoor design and documentation.

My mistake. So which other way were you victimized by The Goon Menace?
Several admins and assorted goons decided it would be fun to pick on a corpmate because she followed certain suggestions in the helpfiles.

Incidentally, you claim that we had a disturbing case of gathering data, but what about that oh so lovely admin protected wiki you folks have? You know, the ones that admins ban people for accessing if they aren't a COP?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03:36 am »

Honestly, I'm not trying to start an argument. Why would I care? I'm just pointing out to the newer folks hanging about the thread that, in fact, lots of corps get along with all other corps with no problems. Of course, PVP is a part of the game. Lots of games don't feature PVP, if that is something one really hates and feels in unfair. Point is, a corp war happened as a result and it ended poorly for one side. So it goes. As for the thing with your friend and admins, I do not know what you're referring to, so I misread your original comment. I wouldn't call helpful information for newbies and corp organization quite the same thing as detailed information on other players and their personalities (the latter being mildly stalkerish, IMHO), and from what I understand Benaron was not banned for copying the wiki (he is about the 500th person to sneak an account on it), but that is neither here nor there. I understand you're still mad and don't want to bog down a perfectly good thread with ~dramas~, so I'll go back to lurking it except to answer newbie questions.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:39 am »

Benaron was banned precisely for gaining access to the wiki. Specifically, for getting access to the large list of who lives in what apts, then later being involved in a robbery of someone on that list. As for the list of personalities, no. Weapons, apts, and known triggers/tactics. That was it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:36 am »

Benaron was banned precisely for gaining access to the wiki. Specifically, for getting access to the large list of who lives in what apts, then later being involved in a robbery of someone on that list. As for the list of personalities, no. Weapons, apts, and known triggers/tactics. That was it.

So wait, you mean he used his alt to secretly gain information about the apartment locations of his main's enemies? Then distributed that information to a large range of people so that they might more easily rob them? Then used that information to rob one or more of those enemies on his main, benefiting from the actions of his alt both directly and indirectly?

Also, you're right, I'm sorry. When I read the Piratepad and saw that a bunch of people I'd never heard of had written about me, my level of trustworthiness (they said I was good on my word, by the way, thanks!), my general demeanor ("a bit douchey", ouch), and were discussing me in the chat, I was wrong to feel that was a little weird/creepy. I take it back and you shan't hear me bring it up again.

Edit: Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'll really butt out this time. Please continue with the "we are so persecuted" talk, and enjoy the last word.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:52 am »

Robberies are the best part of this game. Well, no, the best part is the ensuing drama emitting from the person who was just robbed.

EDIT:
Also, Charlatan is probably the best example of how you should approach HellMOO. That's probably why he still plays it, he was still around when I played this like, 2 years ago.

Pretty chill guy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:35:56 am by Detrevni|inverteD »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: February 14, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

Charlatan's cool, quit arguing with him.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: February 14, 2011, 08:11:12 pm »

Charlatan is pretty cool usually, but having newbied around this game several times over a period of around 3 years I can tell that COPS, or the ones that came before, will kill newbies with little provocation and yes, they do "grief" other corps and certainly don't mind harassing people so much they leave the game.
Its the name of the game, it is Hell after all, but pretending COPS are sweet and innocent players that will welcome newbies with open arms is a lot like telling kids that the creepy man in the van with the free candy is a swell guy  8)

manicmoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: February 22, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

I got into HellMoo a few weeks ago and joined GRU so I've been spending a lot of time running away from COPS but as has been said before, it's part of the game..and once you get a handle on things it's not really a big deal. I don't hold any grudges against anyone who kills me I just try to learn from it and keep my head low while I grind my way up to a halfway decent character. I'm having such a blast playing that I don't think anything could detract me from it now.

I'm Cyd ingame, by the way.

-Dave (manicmoose)

plisken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: February 25, 2011, 06:00:19 am »

the COPS vs GRU (+ occasionally scrub corps who are bitter about cops heh) war is literally the best, it's probably the most fun I've had on hellmoo ever.

So - and I say this with no sarcasm - thank you COPS.

Fujikoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:16 am »

the COPS vs GRU (+ occasionally scrub corps who are bitter about cops heh) war is literally the best, it's probably the most fun I've had on hellmoo ever.

So - and I say this with no sarcasm - thank you COPS.

Glad to see you're having fun. It has certainly altered my experience, in some ways for the better. Thank you, Plisken, for the good times and the occasional headbutt. :)

That is also not sarcastic.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: February 25, 2011, 12:29:51 pm »

Started Playing Hellmoo again. Bombay is the name.

Got any good corps to suggest?

How many of you actually play this game?

EDIT:Does jewelry have a point?
I did have a pretty nice thing where a crackhead attacked me and his shot glanced off my gold ring.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:57:01 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:51 pm »

Jewellery buffs cool.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

plisken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: February 26, 2011, 04:00:24 am »

Started Playing Hellmoo again. Bombay is the name.

Got any good corps to suggest?

Generally speaking, no matter what corp I'm in at the time, I'll always recommend KREW.  It's a neutral corp, with great support and players who have the patience to answer your many terrible questions and help you when you do scrubby stuff. Perfect group for newer players or even mid level players.

COPS is invite only AFAIK, GRU is on lockdown/only hiring with extreme caution due to security breaches (heh). Other than that most corps are kind of pretty much terrible.

Some of the smaller corps that have been around for a while have powerful and mostly helpful corpies, but they aren't all that active.

Don't join GOCI it's full of sexhaves, literally. Like, yes it's funny to joke about someone being a sexhaver, but Lebowski literally spends a great portion of his gaming time in his apartment having cyber-sex.

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 311