Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476269 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3855 on: February 11, 2011, 10:31:38 am »

It's circling the drain... at least the corp I'm in is. The standard fare for hellmoo seems to be having 3 or 4 major corps, with a couple of minor ones and bunch of one player corps. The major corps will split and have someone run away with all the cash occasionally, and the minor ones will usually get picked on by major corps... I'm in a minor corp and having a bit of trouble because of it...

On another note conQUEST mud seems to be down... permanently?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:30 am »

For security reasons I've had to create multiple alts for HellMOO just so that I won't be the target of griefing. I'm not breaking any rules per say, but in case if like with two other characters a certain player decides to get all in a tizzy about some random thing and decides to sick their goons out on me, I can abandon one character and focus on another until the heat dies down.

In the case of what happened with Juni and two others, this might mean I don't play said characters for at least a few months, or however long it will take for said people to stop caring. Luckily I can have an unlimited amount of characters in one email, and as long as I obey the rules regarding alts I'll be fine.

I'm still playing, just for now not as Juni, or two other characters that are the target of griefing. I won't divulge the name of said character to any person here I cannot trust, without seeing visible evidence that they are not one of several players who is trying to cause me problems.

I'll be blunt. If you are a manager in ENEMA, one of the Aunts or Uncles, the voice of Mservo, or someone on my AVOID list, I am probably not going to divulge this information to you. I think the reason I am so overly paranoid about this right now is because I am tired, it's getting close to midnight, and I'm going on a sugar crash from 24oz of Sun Drop. That probably means I should stop posting, but meh.

Anyways, I'm still having fun in HellMOO. For the current character I'm on I'm looking forward to farming experience and getting a lot of cash. With both my focus on brains in most builds as well as having a photographic memory, that means I obsessively do deliveryboy, medic, and repairman, just to name a few. Though to be honest, I love the gambler and corpse grinder jobs, since I love using scavenge and appraise a lot. Also recently figured out how to do custom descriptions to make my character a little less vanilla.

As for corps, someone in ENEMA is planning on making an AUTISM corp. I think that I might join that one, for personal reasons. Just hope that this person doesn't give up right away, because if she does I'm going to be pissed. Then again I guess I should join one that might be a little more dependable. To City Hall I guess?

...I really shouldn't be posting right now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: February 12, 2011, 02:29:19 am »

I might get in on AUTISM if it's actually established. Joining one of the already established corps will probably make me either regarded as a douchebag or targeted by douchebags.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: February 12, 2011, 03:55:38 pm »

@Cheeetar: Exactly. I figured I'd join a new corp for that reason as well. Plus I'm Autistic, so it makes sense. So, PM me with the name of your main and I'll send you my character names.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: February 12, 2011, 06:49:52 pm »

Man, creating a corp called AUTISM and recruiting autistic people? I don't know about you, but that sounds like the worst attempt at escaping griefing I've ever heard.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: February 12, 2011, 07:47:08 pm »

So, PM me with the name of your main and I'll send you my character names.

Done.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: February 12, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »

Man, creating a corp called AUTISM and recruiting autistic people? I don't know about you, but that sounds like the worst attempt at escaping griefing I've ever heard.

Alternately, you could create a corp called TARGET and make sure to write "LOL KILL ME NUBZ!" in your @doing and description, if you would like to be griefed even more :)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »

@Rakonas & Sartain - It was only a coincidence that there was both a corp named AUTISM and an Autistic person online at the time. I repeat - only a coincidence. Though I can understand the whole getting griefed more concept, since newer corporations are often targeted for takeover and such.

I don't understand what the big fuss is anyways.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: February 13, 2011, 10:37:56 am »

@Rakonas & Sartain - It was only a coincidence that there was both a corp named AUTISM and an Autistic person online at the time. I repeat - only a coincidence. Though I can understand the whole getting griefed more concept, since newer corporations are often targeted for takeover and such.

I don't understand what the big fuss is anyways.

Because autists, especially self-diagnosed aspies, are a staple joke of HellMoo and drawing that kind of attention to your corp is bound to give you plenty of grief, coincidence or not.
The nail that sticks out is the nail that gets hammered and drawing attention to yourself like that will most likely get you hammered bad.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: February 13, 2011, 11:27:56 am »

If you take this game seriously at all you're doing it wrong and will probably be the subject of a lot of drama.

Not trying to be mean, but, well, it's totally true.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: February 13, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »

If you take this game seriously at all you're doing it wrong and will probably be the subject of a lot of drama.

No. If you try to play the game as anything other then a LOL grieffest OR draw the attention of the goons in any way, you'll get tons of drama as they abuse the heck out of you, both the admins and the players.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: February 13, 2011, 04:50:43 pm »

Bah, Just found out about Wombat.

R.I.P. Wombat  :'(

Welp, I suppose I should move on to another corp now...
My personality profile.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: February 14, 2011, 04:40:09 am »

No. If you try to play the game as anything other then a LOL grieffest OR draw the attention of the goons in any way, you'll get tons of drama as they abuse the heck out of you, both the admins and the players.

To those who aren't aware: some goons screwed with WOMBAT's HQ door once because that is part of the game, and WOMBAT declared a glorious war to end all griefing forever in the HellMOO world, complete with creepy and obsessive dossiers on COPS corp members and a lot of talk about how these people (myself included, to those who don't know me) are The One True Evil, etc. etc. It didn't go well for them. It is a great example of how not to play the game (taking things very seriously, getting easily upset, moral crusades, etc.) There are lots of good, chill corps that cater to playing without ~the drama~, you shouldn't have trouble finding one if you look around a bit.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: February 14, 2011, 04:56:54 am »

Is there something wrong wit rent?
My alt in Astral Complex had an overdue rent of $40 for months now. They keep sending me mail about it. :/

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: February 14, 2011, 07:01:17 am »

To those who aren't aware: some goons screwed with WOMBAT's HQ door once because that is part of the game, and WOMBAT declared a glorious war to end all griefing forever in the HellMOO world, complete with creepy and obsessive dossiers on COPS corp members and a lot of talk about how these people (myself included, to those who don't know me) are The One True Evil, etc. etc. It didn't go well for them. It is a great example of how not to play the game (taking things very seriously, getting easily upset, moral crusades, etc.) There are lots of good, chill corps that cater to playing without ~the drama~, you shouldn't have trouble finding one if you look around a bit.
Interestingly, I wasn't referring to that. I'd chalked that up to pisspoor design and documentation.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 311