Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476339 times)

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetically identical to Hitler
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3765 on: November 03, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »

So...I guess I page one or something? Alright.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:21:16 pm by Mr. Crane »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:28 pm »

For your initial stats, it depends on how important the brain skills are to you.  Brains is by far the hardest stat to gym, so you'd benefit from them being higher to start with if you wanted them.  Otherwise, senses and endurance to get your focus up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: November 03, 2010, 08:03:19 pm »

Yeah, way I figure, Focus skills aren't something you really get into fast, so I'll probably be a brainiac first and then become a mage.

Edit : Okay, sent a request, waiting to see if it gets answered. Rerolled, too. I like this roll.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:02:11 pm by Mr. Crane »

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: November 06, 2010, 11:29:34 am »

Is there a limit to how much raw you can get in a skill?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: November 06, 2010, 11:37:48 am »

Grind to 6, taught to 15

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: November 06, 2010, 11:43:59 am »

Kickass, thank you very much.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »

I seen this thread and decided to give the game a try. I was wondering if there was a bay12 corp that wouldn't mind taking a newbie in and helping with his questions'n stuff? I read the Wiki but it seems poorly made, I don't trust it much.

I'm still an orphan because I can't decide on what my final starting stats should be. I'm going to tag Craft, Chemistry, Science and either a weapon skill or scavenge for a fourth tag. I'm not sure how hard it is to rank untagged skills unfortunatly. If its easy I'll go with scavenge, hard, I'll probably go with a weapon skill. I don't want to be unable to defend myself or fight on my own.

I'm unsure of what my stats should be, though I know I'll need brains. I thinking 13 reflexes since it contributes to dodge and most weapons, 13 brains since I plan to do a lot of crafting and use most of the brain based skills, 2 in senses since I would like to get some focus based mutations down the line, also it helps with crafts, and the last 2 points into whatever weapon I go with or senses if I get scavenge.

It should be noted that I hate the idea of using whips on my character, I would prefer Rifles.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  :D

*EDIT* Probably should have said my name ingame is Grimshot lol.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:58:50 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: November 08, 2010, 09:20:04 pm »

There are plenty of crafting/science people out there.

The world needs more good fighters.

Take strength and reflex to 14, endurance to 10.

Tag clubs, wrestle, and whatever you want for the other 2. Gym reflex every day until 18, then strength, then endurance.

Don't tag a skill because you want a quickstart in it, only tag a skill you plan on taking to level 15. This is why tagging climb would be dumb, but tagging medic may not be a bad idea. You might want to use a secondary weapon, so maybe fists or spears.

Brute strength/twichy nerves are the obvious first two. Litho and headbutt are great for stun and break resist. If you plan on going abom get ultraclot, if not get nimble fingers and bleeder. If you don't plan on going vampire get hyperimmune.

Don't kill monsters for exp, that raises your effective exp which makes cocoons not work as well. Spam jobs and quests to get exp while keeping your effective exp down while you stockpile cash for the day that you that effective exp will start getting high.

You can search for a sage brush stick inside the furnace of the orphage, once you max the raw in that get a shock baton, and then a few combustor hammers. Before you know it you will be able to kill 90% of the people that play the game.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: November 09, 2010, 11:19:19 am »

That reminds me- I have a modded shock baton in my apt that I need to throw in the HQ weapon rack.  Just found it on the ground one day...

WTB Flame Chain if anyone has one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: November 13, 2010, 03:12:42 am »

Did server go down or is HellMOO fucking with my connection only again?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: November 13, 2010, 11:16:27 am »

I just logged in.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »

I just logged in.

Look at the tiiiime of my post. And anyway, it was having a spaz against my connection. YET. AGAIN.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: November 15, 2010, 03:32:06 pm »

Still WTB flame chain.  COPS had one for 20k last I checked- I'm about to grab it just so I can kill yetis with it.  It won't take all that many yetis to make the money back, and I think they'll actually give me XP to boot.

Only 70 some more IP before I 6 whip and can start learning it without fretting over wasting XP.  Can anyone in-corp teach whip?  I think someone said Mazui could, but he's always logged out by the time I log in.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: November 15, 2010, 04:54:26 pm »

I can teach whip now. I could probably let you use my flame chain. What I really need is a tentacle mod/kraken tentacle. Then I'd be set.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:42 am »

Alright. Well, i'v been thinking and I think I might end up re-rolling in favor of a more secondary role in the corp, i.e focusing on medical and crafting. And yeees, I realise theres going to be a lot of pissed people about me doing this, just as I start to become semi-helpful with combat and pistol-kung-foo. But to-be-honest, I really don't enjoy combat. Its not my thing. And I honestly would be more interested in playing if I were to do those things. So yea. There it is.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 311