Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476369 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3750 on: November 03, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

-10? I seriously doubt it. I don't know what happens when you fail a focus check for Carrie but you're not going to get hurt, just stressed out of your mind.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »

No point in picking focus skills and jammer. you will do low damage, fail often, or fail hilariously.
especially if you dont have high end/sens.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetically identical to Hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »

Alright, thanks for the tips, guys. No jam it is. Is phase as useful as it sounds? Also, what weapons would be good for a focus user? Fists obviously, but could I make a gun/blade user effective? Or just stick to fists?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:02:31 pm by Mr. Crane »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: November 03, 2010, 02:59:57 pm »

-10? I seriously doubt it. I don't know what happens when you fail a focus check for Carrie but you're not going to get hurt, just stressed out of your mind.

Mental diseases bro. Mental diseases happen.

To use any focus skill with any reliability, id suggest about 20ish total focus.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: November 03, 2010, 03:04:54 pm »

Alright, thanks for the tips, guys. No jam it is. Is phase as useful as it sounds? Also, what weapons would be good for a focus user? Fists obviously, but could I make a gun/blade user effective? Or just stick to fists?

Phase, for me, is great. I've got it set up outside where I keep my plane so it's the first step on the road to anywhere for me.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: November 03, 2010, 03:09:57 pm »

Nice. I was thinking of putting it on the roof of my apartment since roofs are rarely occupied.

Edit : If I get really high Focus and use Blink, would blinking to a city as transport be viable or too dangerous? Also, are Bloodhound and Stench incompatible? The wiki says that Junkrat is, but I've heard that Bloodhound may be as well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:26:47 pm by Mr. Crane »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:27 pm »

Blink and phase both want as high focus as possible so you don't end up somewhere awful, like 4000 meters above the Wasteland.

You can get Stench with Bloodhound- I have BH and stench isn't on my exclusion list.

20ish focus will get you success, but to excel you need 30+ focus- easily doable with a high raw and several mutations.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: November 03, 2010, 03:55:04 pm »

Alright, so it'll be a Senses/Endurance focus for majik usage, but I actually prefer to be a brainy type. So...whips would be best, right? According to what I've read, fist damage scales with brawn, so yeah. (Sorry about asking so many questions)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:57:10 pm by Mr. Crane »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »

Although you might be able to pull off the occasional successful burn with Carrie and Jammer, it's important to note that Carrie scales with high Focus.  The higher your skill, the better the burn.  But that issue's already been settled, so...

Focus users could theoretically go in three directions.  Fists are kind of a sub-optimal choice because you won't have great Brawn or Reflexes, but it does work somewhat off of Endurance and if you decide to hop from Freak all the way to Abomination, you'll get some very pleasant permanent fist weapons to have at all times.

Spears are probably a very good choice.  Endurance and Reflexes, plus whatever Brawn you have for that extra damage boost.  And, spears are generally just good picks from what I hear.

Whips are another distinct possibility.  You'll have the Senses for them, and you'll want Reflexes almost regardless of what else you're doing.  And whips don't build off of Brawn nearly as much as other weapon classes, so there's that.  Furthermore, with the high Endurance/Senses build you'll have excellent scavenge and okay craft, which means you can always skin a few corpses and then improvise a leather whip in a pinch.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 03, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »

Okay, that's good. I'm trying to aim for a crafty/focus character. I'll prolly go with whips as I like one handed weapons. And since I never really took to wearing a lot of armor, the dodge bonus will be nice. As for the starting stats, I hear that brain is tremendously difficult to train, so I've got to ask, should I max out or focus the brains in character creation and then build on the endurance and senses in the gyms? I'm going for High Density first thing so that orphans won't really do anything to me, but are there other reasons this would be a bad idea?

Note : Also, how do you change your name? I'd prefer to not need to make a new account if i could just modify this one into a new character.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:22:56 pm by Mr. Crane »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 03, 2010, 05:37:21 pm »

You could reroll.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 03, 2010, 05:40:30 pm »

Oh, I'm going to. But I want to change my name, too. Is there any way to do that without making a whole new character?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:53:09 pm by Mr. Crane »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08:42 pm »

Ask the admins, but they might not like it =P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

Yeah, the admins are generally a bit touchy on the subject of renames.  Mostly because of a few individuals who simply cannot devote themselves to one name, and continually pester the admins to change something.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: November 03, 2010, 06:47:20 pm »

Yeah, the admins are generally a bit touchy on the subject of renames.  Mostly because of a few individuals who simply cannot devote themselves to one name, and continually pester the admins to change something.

Actually because renames occasionally cause parts of the moo to shit themselves. But yeah, if you ask nicely and dont want a really stupid rename, we're likely to rename you.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 311