Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476384 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3690 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:38 pm »

Also, does anyone know a list of what the laws are in Freedom City? I looked on the wiki but couldn't find anything.

It's pretty much just the basics.  Don't assault people (includes grabbing), don't scam people, and don't attempt to break in to other people's dwellings.  Also, do not use any explosive device.  This includes firecrackers.

You can freely litter, urinate, and walk around naked in public.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: October 29, 2010, 02:39:33 pm »

You can kill dogs though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: October 29, 2010, 05:03:06 pm »

Also, does anyone know a list of what the laws are in Freedom City? I looked on the wiki but couldn't find anything.

Basically, dont fuck with other players under FCPD cams unless you want stars

if you want a more quantified answer, heres basicly the laws
1. Don't attack/kill humans
2. Don't break into people's pads (unless they have FCPD stars)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: October 29, 2010, 06:56:47 pm »

It's pretty much just the basics.  Don't assault people (includes grabbing), don't scam people, and don't attempt to break in to other people's dwellings.  Also, do not use any explosive device.  This includes firecrackers.

Do you know whether or not trying to detonate an explosive in FC has a higher chance of going off in your hand? I've never successfully set one off in FC and I'd been happily molotoving for half an hour before that. Either the RNG hates me or it's some sorta safety measure.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: October 29, 2010, 07:46:11 pm »

Do you know whether or not trying to detonate an explosive in FC has a higher chance of going off in your hand? I've never successfully set one off in FC and I'd been happily molotoving for half an hour before that. Either the RNG hates me or it's some sorta safety measure.

The only explosives that shouldnt work within FC are WMDS (multitile explosives). Molos should blow up normally; youll just get stars for a) lighting it, b) dropping/throwing it at someone, c)the explosion itself, d) if it kills anyone. Altogether, a single molo can land you upwards of 30-40 stars if you do it right!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: October 29, 2010, 09:40:24 pm »

Also, don't even get an explosive out of your pack in Any Port.  Care Dog does not take kindly to that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: October 29, 2010, 09:50:46 pm »

I thought having an explosive in a container at all was one of the things caredog reacts to (something about people shoving lit explosives into containers and walking into anyport, to get around the "has a lit explosive" reaction, if I recall right). Of course, I couldn't tell you where I read that, so it might not be true. I've certainly never tried it.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: October 29, 2010, 09:51:59 pm »

Even dropping an unlit explosive will cause caredog to throw you in the freezer. Just keep explosives away.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: October 29, 2010, 09:55:00 pm »

You can enter with an unlit one in your pack- I saw Care Dog ice someone who got one out once.  He would have been iced the second he came in the door if unlit in-pack was banned.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dinaxio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: October 30, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »

have fun in the games tomorrow guys :)

Dinaxio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:53 pm »

Also, laws:
Freedom City
-using brandish
-aiming
-attacking
-killing (actual murder not just attacking)
-grabbing (even with rape allowed)
-lighting any bomb
-using wmds ( even when cams dont see you)
-being a freak
-picking locks
-hacking locks, security system
-smashing anything (killing objects)
-fondling with ripper maybe
-barging any door
-flicking cigarettes on things probably
-some npcs don't count for these, find them out : )
Weezer
same as above but wanking in anything but a vial is a crime I think but I dunno.  I just got stars for wanking one time

This covers p much all of it.  Tyrone belmont gets no stars for attacking you if your a vamp.  If you are abom, anyone stronger than you can kill you anywhere
astral complex and broham are not freak friendly so brad is best fc apartment for you guys
Stay out of trouble

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: October 31, 2010, 12:23:19 am »

Flicking cigarettes and things didn't give me any stars when I did it to a vamp NPC in AnyPort. But then I died pretty quickly so maybe I missed it. Care Dog certainly wasn't bothered.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: October 31, 2010, 12:54:23 am »

Halloween Madness!  In an effort to instill goodwill and joy, the admins have set up a 24h Halloween fest tournament with candy and prizes!

This has of course completely backfired and turned into an utter GRINDFEST as everyone scrambles like mad to do everything in the shortest time possible.  Minmaxed builds and ripperscrubs abound as people try feverishly to steal candy from one another.  Many players, disenchanted by the momentary lapse of grinding possibilities, have simply quit for the day and will come back when everything's over.

Myself, well...  I know I'm not competitive enough to win any of the main competitions, so I'm just chilling and having a good old time taking a break from my usual build.  FCPD has been disabled for the event, so FC is not a safe haven.  However, the likelihood of anyone managing to get Brainslug within this time period is quite low, so most bars are about as safe as things get.  Candy rains are frequent and extremely dangerous, as swarms of looters flood the streets and murder each other for the precious sweeties.

EDIT:  Also, now FC is filled with ghouls, zombies, vampires, ghosts and all manner of nasty beast.  And with the current permadeath and chargen changes, this makes it almost impossible to live for much longer than a few minutes at most.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: October 31, 2010, 01:22:05 am »

.  And with the current permadeath and chargen changes, this makes it almost impossible to live for much longer than a few minutes at most.
They instituted permadeath?.. when?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:54 am »

Hrrrk. Is this, like, sticking? Because if it is, I am SERIOUSLY pissed. As in, did I just lose everything I had type thing.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 311