Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476502 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3570 on: October 15, 2010, 04:43:58 pm »

As in, when you attempt to massage someone and they've already been massaged enough, or you don't have a high skill in Medic (defines your skill as a masseuse), then you end up doing some very, VERY horrifyingly evil things to your victim.

It...  Takes a while to recover from.  Physically and mentally.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: October 15, 2010, 07:55:32 pm »

Goddamnit, don't go antagonizing people. This is the same bullshit I warned against before we all flocked into one corp. Perhaps WOMBAT's not exclusive, but some of you still seem hellbent on turning into a goddamn ivory tower (perhaps not explicitly, but their words and actions certainly indicate it), and that does nothing but breed a sense of "otherness" to draw excessive attention to it. The habit of drawing in scrubs, and keeping even the most obnoxious of them around just because they're from here, hardly helps that. I'd suggest purging the lower ranks of people who'd be better off in KING or its ilk, but I don't have the authority to do so.

I joined WOMBAT for the Board seat, and to be on the ground floor of something at the very least acceptable; I don't want to see it become a new DSI or WHORE.

My words aren't nearly so harsh as they should be, but I feel it best to restrain myself. Things have to change, if it's not too late already.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: October 15, 2010, 08:01:50 pm »

I guess I'm an elitist, I liked it when we were small. But whatever, that's bullshit and I need to buck up and shut up. That said, I have to agree with Pseudonymous, don't go around fucking with people. We don't need crap like that.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: October 15, 2010, 08:19:24 pm »

Also, perhaps I'm just in a foul mood right now, being stuck here with nothing to do on a friday night and whatnot.

Buster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »

It's pretty much impossible to avoid antagonizing another corp. Sooner or later, somebody in your ranks is going to fuck up and end up pissing people off. I think we've kept things pretty civilized so far, but that may only be because Frog's got our collective balls in a vice grip due to a buggy system.

Necan's going to be fixing the galleria up after he's done with corp security-or so he says--, so after that we can part ways.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: October 15, 2010, 10:06:22 pm »

Buster is right.

Shit is going to happen.

Don't be afraid to fight back and grief a little, just don't get mad and you won't start a war or anything. Have fun!

If you do find yourself getting upset, you're probably the one in the wrong.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: October 15, 2010, 10:18:27 pm »

Which admittedly is very good advice.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: October 16, 2010, 02:30:19 am »

Listen, you can't blame frog for what happened in the galleria. It was a bug. What else exactly have we done to piss you off Buster? I mean, I don't blame you for being mad about the galleria, but its not like we robbed it or anything. A bug happened, and its getting fixed.

Sir Pseudo, talk to me in game about this.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: October 16, 2010, 03:36:10 am »

On the holopanel TV: Tonight: We'll have shocking footage of Taco_Dan's on-camera suicide.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:52 am »

Combatants?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: October 16, 2010, 04:55:06 am »

Sir Pseudo, talk to me in game about this.
Eh, I've cooled off now. There are still a few people whom I wish to get rid of, but in retrospect it doesn't appear to be as systemic a problem as it seemed.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: October 16, 2010, 04:56:59 am »

Well, atm we seem to have a few more support characters than combat characters, but I'd just say roll with whatever you want. And, as SIR PSEUD says, we're not entirely obligated to have you just cause your from Bay12 etc.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: October 16, 2010, 06:28:36 pm »

On the holopanel TV: Tonight: We'll have shocking footage of Taco_Dan's on-camera suicide.
What job is that for, and who is Taco_Dan, anyway?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: October 16, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »

Taco dan is Taco dan

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:20 pm »

Well, atm we seem to have a few more support characters than combat characters, but I'd just say roll with whatever you want. And, as SIR PSEUD says, we're not entirely obligated to have you just cause your from Bay12 etc.
What we really lack is good combatants, considering we only have one really good one, followed by three or four others who are all at about the same level as each other, of which I think Dirg is the highest. Pretty much everyone else seems to be on crackheads/fiends or thereabouts.

And so long as he's not an idiot, we'll probably be glad to have him. The fact that he's a veteran gives me hope for that, but you never can tell until you've dealt with someone in game how they act there.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 311