Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476579 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3375 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:17 am »

You can't actually kill corpmates for their bounty.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:15 am »

Hey guys (hey, a few of my SS13 Mates. Excellent...) i'm thinking of giving this a whiz... And well, yea. Is there anyone on now that I could 'crash' with and figure out the game? (And avoid getting raped. Thats some creepy shit.)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: October 09, 2010, 07:05:05 am »

If by crash you mean share apartment I'm cool with that, although you should note that you can log off in Cube Hotel and you'll be safe 4eva.
Anyway pop on now we're usually pretty active at this time.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: October 09, 2010, 07:15:05 am »

Alright, i'm DeronZ and theres some creep outside this hole i'm in, rapeing a 5 year old, I think it was. GOD DAMN. Oh, and he has a combat knife and i'm naked. God damn it.

EDIT: I'm at the museum. This intro is creepy. Can I just kill them?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:36:32 am by nuker w »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: October 09, 2010, 07:39:14 am »

yes

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: October 09, 2010, 08:16:43 am »

I'm out. Could someone meet me at the museum?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: October 09, 2010, 08:19:22 am »

Are we a little late?
page Randall to get invited to WOMBAT, if that's what you want.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: October 09, 2010, 10:48:23 am »

Who is he and why's he going after us? It sounds like he's taking it rather too seriously, if he's honestly raging about being unable to kill us all.
Fyndir, he tried to gank me in north beach while I was fighting a carnie. He did 26 damage with a powerattack by the time I managed to switch focus to him, so I hauled ass out of there. Later he was fucking with Dirg, and we attacked him in slagtown so Dirg could retrieve his cocoon. He would have died, had NDY not shown up and attacked superdude, at which point I stopped attacking fyndir and tried to get super out of there with a grab + shove to north. This failed, NDY killed him, and I ran off. Fyndir survived, just. :-\
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: October 09, 2010, 11:50:32 am »

Edit: Meant to post this in a different thread.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:51:55 pm by Bouchart »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: October 09, 2010, 03:16:17 pm »

I had an idea for Headbutt balancing.

Rather then nerf headbutt, though the damage it inflicts could use a bit of a tweak downwards, it would make more sense to give other options. Personally, I see modifying Bleeder to give a Headbutt esque command as well. Specifically, Rend (target) which would inflict bleeding wounds on the target based on Cool and Blade. It would also give stun resistance when in a frenzy.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: October 09, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »

[stupid]
The counter should be a unicorn fursuit.

Why? It would be funny to force people to wear a fursuit.
[/stupid]
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: October 09, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

I thought frenzy already gave stun resistance?  Or was that just against feinting?

Anyways, not quite sure I agree with you on the bleeder point.  What about fist users with Ripper claws?  They wouldn't have very high skill in blades or Cool.  And being really good at bleeding yourself doesn't necessarily translate into being good at making other people bleed.

Frankly, I think the path that needs to be taken is one of giving another defense against headbutting, rather than adding something else that's just as bad.  As it stands, Hooligan is just a given for any serious PvP character, due to its ease of use and effectiveness, and how nothing can really stop it aside from being super-hulk or just running away and not getting hit (or being a faster, better Hooligan than the other guy).

One other possibility would be for there to always be a chance of causing brain damage in the headbutter.  With there always being a potential downside to nutting someone, it would at least decrease its use and make players only rely on it when they feel they absolutely need to.  Unfortunately, a primarily physical build suited for the Hooligan mutation would not suffer that much from the occasional case of brain damage.

Someone mentioned including a grab roll as part of a successful headbutt.  While I do agree that this makes sense, it wouldn't really change matters much due to Hooligans, in general, being pretty effective when it comes to wrasslin' with people.  And it may very well make it more difficult to get away from them.

I'm really not sure what would tone down Hooligan while keeping it useful for the people who really want to take it.  It's just a little too much of a standard as it is now.

Beorn was talking ingame about how the more physical warriors like fist and spear users are perfectly suited for taking the very powerful Hooligan mutation, as they're likely to have both high Endurance and high Brawn.  Sword/Gun users like him don't have anything like that, which I think is the main reason he was going on about giving Bleeder something to nab people with using blades and Cool.

However, I have to wonder if being able to effectively use guns is in and of itself the bonus that rounds out that path.  I can't really say, not having much experience with such matters.

Oh, yeah...  Fully geared up and raring to go, I can top 22 total in medical skill.  Might be time to start muckin' about with brain surgery.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: October 09, 2010, 04:39:24 pm »

Guns are good, but there is no advantage in the vs headbutt as opposed to any other weapon type. You can aim, but unless you have a macro, aiming is aim pump at * vs hb *, so pure typing headbutt will always be faster, and you can't aim in combat.

And yes, I'm fine with ripper claws not being optimum to inflict bleeder damage with my proposed bleeder change.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: October 09, 2010, 06:05:48 pm »

One other possibility would be for there to always be a chance of causing brain damage in the headbutter.  With there always being a potential downside to nutting someone, it would at least decrease its use and make players only rely on it when they feel they absolutely need to.  Unfortunately, a primarily physical build suited for the Hooligan mutation would not suffer that much from the occasional case of brain damage.

Brain damage actually increases brawn.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: October 09, 2010, 07:04:18 pm »

What?  I thought that was just the Down's syndrome mutation.  Regular brain damage will actually increase your brawn?

Hell, that's even worse...

I tried asking a question on Zotnet earlier, and, well...  I guess I could have rephrased something better, but it still didn't change the fact that the admins weren't being hugely helpful.  Or anyone else, for that matter.

And for the insolence of standing up for myself, I may have narrowly avoided a booting or banning from something.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 311