Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476610 times)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3300 on: October 04, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »

Hmm, i can play as a futanari?  ..now, that's something new.  :o

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 04, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »

As I'm sure any of us will tell you, HellMOO is not at all disturbing or brutal.  The players, on the other hand...

Now, excuse me while I attempt oral sex with a giant chicken and then loot my own corpse after succumbing to autoerotic asphyxiation.

I had an idea for a mutation just recently that, although interesting and probably fun, is fairly useless.  In fact, it's quite useless.  So while I'd be more than happy to share the exquisite details of the mutation idea, I don't really want to submit it as a serious suggestion.

At least not until convinced otherwise.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 04, 2010, 05:38:17 pm »

As I'm sure any of us will tell you, HellMOO is not at all disturbing or brutal.  The players, on the other hand...

Now, excuse me while I attempt oral sex with a giant chicken and then loot my own corpse after succumbing to autoerotic asphyxiation.

I had an idea for a mutation just recently that, although interesting and probably fun, is fairly useless.  In fact, it's quite useless.  So while I'd be more than happy to share the exquisite details of the mutation idea, I don't really want to submit it as a serious suggestion.

At least not until convinced otherwise.
Well, third nipple is a completely useless mut.
So, share the details, write out a massive, all comers *ideas post, then post it up.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 04, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »

At the moment, HellMOO has a number of lifestyle mutations...  Hideous Freaks make their homes in Necropolis alongside the Abominations, and both are given new resources and challenges in their lives.  We also have the ever-popular CHUDs, who dwell within the sewers and call forth their companions from the rank and shadowy corners.  Not to be excluded, the Vampires must fear wooden stakes (and the hunters who wield them) and the burning light of day, and in return are granted unnaturally enhanced abilities from beyond the veil.

All the mutations have an upside and a downside to the new lifestyle.  Most of these are fairly basic, such as having people attack or not attack you or having skills tweaked.

This lifestyle mutation would be different.  Welcome to being a Hobo.

As a Hobo, you just can't seem to hold onto your cash.  Beyond a couple wads of pocket change, you'll occasionally just lose large sums of money until you're back to spending buttons and lint.  Maybe you'll pass by someone offering you prime swampland real estate, or you'll buy some overpriced "superhootch", or you'll wind up bribing an official when they decide they need a bribe.  Whatever the message, you'll helplessly lose money.

Because of this, you will essentially be incapable of living in an apartment.  However, due to your naturally ragged appearance and smelliness, you find that you can just bundle down and go to sleep on the side of a street and nobody will be able to find you amidst the rubble and trash.

Also, cloning would be very difficult to deal with...  But because of MAGIC you don't have to deal with it.  Die, and you just wake up somewhere else with a hangover and maybe a limp.  You'll spawn with some rags to keep the mud off, but you'll drop your stuff normally when killed.  Unlike everyone else, you don't pay for coming back.

Now, even though you won't have the usual access to good equipment due to your lack of funds, you'll still be able to get by through bartering.  Just to make things interesting, as a Hobo you would have access to new and exciting scavenge tables that the unenlightened could not otherwise access.  Through these you can also find decent enough food and drink to keep yourself alive in most cases.

Get both CHUD and Hobo, you get to be a Chobo, just like all your favorite sewer people.  I have no idea what that would do.

So, yeah.  Free respawning, for the price of all your money.  And you can pull booze out your ass.

Basically, I just thought it would be fun to sit out in a street and burn scrapwood to keep warm, but this was tempered by the fact that dying is absolutely not fun and is also pretty dang likely if you were to do something like that.

Not just useless, but unattractive.  But you know it's the kind of thing I would do.  Also, now that I think about it, you could try to circumvent the money issue by using a corporate account (or just a friend you happen to trust quite a bit...).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 04, 2010, 08:32:07 pm »

Perhaps a credit cap of 100? then you'll never be able to do any large transactions with the character.
Also, It should be mutually exclusive with other lifestyle mutations.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:27 am »

Im not a helmoo player but a "lifestyle mutation" isn't something you should roleplay if you feel like it? Want to be a hobo? ...be lazy and don't work and spend the occasional cash for drugs..you dont need game mechanics for that. 

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 05, 2010, 03:32:19 am »

True, but being out in the streets for any length of time is asking to get yourself killed.  When you die, you pay money.  Lots of money, actually.  And if you can't pay money, you pay skills and experience.  So if you don't want your character to rot, you need to earn money.  Lifestyle mutations do make significant changes in the game.

In all honesty though, I don't regard this as a serious suggestion.  I'd never send it in because I honestly don't see something like that fitting in particularly well, and I can't imagine there are many other players out there with my particular mindset.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 05, 2010, 03:54:40 am »

How about a mutation that turns you into a midget?

Note that I don't actually play Hellmoo, yet I read this thread with interest.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:44 am »

So I created an alt who is the pinnacle of manliness. He saunters forth in the nude, wielding naught but his pickaxe and climbing mountains with ease. I'm working on grinding his raw in climb up to 6 as he's fully geared towards climb and I intend to have him climb Mt. Fisty without any rope. Also a pick axe is a surprisingly good weapon considering it only requires raw 1 in clubs.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3309 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:44 am »

Except that once you reach raw 4 it's pretty much useless. Try using a softball bat once you get to raw 3.
Make sure you mod it too.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 05, 2010, 10:21:22 am »

Oh ya, and in case you're turned off by the pvp and griefing. If you have high brains you're pretty much untouchable. You can't fight, but there are few people in the game you can't feint and run away from. It is a very powerful skill.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 05, 2010, 10:24:34 am »

Except that once you reach raw 4 it's pretty much useless. Try using a softball bat once you get to raw 3.
Make sure you mod it too.
Do I look like I care about optimal function? I'll use a fire axe at raw 4 anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:57 am »

If I added a freezer kit to my apt, could I set up a crafting station in there?  I'm going Yeti eventually, and the +3 brains would be nice there.

Are jobs and contracts the best way to get money early on?  I seem to be making quite a bit of scratch in the hospital healing the patients, and the medic IP is always nice too.  I can never find anyone that's looking for a quickie to get that good cash.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 05, 2010, 11:10:42 am »

If I added a freezer kit to my apt, could I set up a crafting station in there?  I'm going Yeti eventually, and the +3 brains would be nice there.
Yeah, that's a pretty common thing for yeti crafters to do.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: October 05, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »

About to purchase my own personal simulator.. lol, not sure which one to get. Thinking electronic would help me make the most money.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 311