Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476630 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3270 on: October 03, 2010, 03:51:36 pm »

There is actually a unique chupacabra out there already.  He's called Chambocabra and is essentially Rambo-chupacabra.  Shoots people with an AK.

And yes, the chupacabra is a Mexican monster also known as the "goat-sucker".  Farmers like to blame dead goats on chupacabra attacks, so the myth has prevailed for a long time.

I can't recall it ever being described as a flying demon that shoots fireballs though.  It's usually just something like an unusually large berserk cat.

Lolwut.

You know, you really do say that a little too often...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 03, 2010, 04:03:31 pm »

Lolwut.

You know, you really do say that a little too often...
I don't know where I picked it up. I blame hellMOO. I also find myself having to consciously stop myself from ending certain lines with '~'. But that I know came from most people in HBARN doing that~ :P

But that's how language generally works, you adopt the idioms and rhetoric of the group you find yourself dealing with a lot.

Also, Jackrabbit, you probably just submitted the idea at a bad time, since there have been more *ideas bans handed out for less and less reason lately, presumably because of the admins getting pissed off over Scrub's (and his alts') constant stream of completely fucktarded ideas.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 03, 2010, 06:34:00 pm »

Well, I submitted an idea for a "Chudbert" NPC in the Weyland Utani building and so far that's been fairly well received.  Don't know if any admins have looked at it though.  And, more than likely all the positive votes have come from WOMBAT members.

It is most likely due to the timing that people are on edge, but just the same Jack's submission does look a bit...  Odd.  It just comes out of nowhere, smacks you upside the head and flies away before you even know what hit you.  Just like El Luchacabra himself, I guess.

It really was just a miscommunication.  I've been chatting with one of the admins as of late, I'll try and contact him about it when he's online next.  No guarantees though, the administrative organization in this game does seem to be a little...  Quirky.  And I don't think the guy I've been talking with has all that lofty a position in the hierarchy.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 03, 2010, 06:42:00 pm »

who can i page in game to get into wombat?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 03, 2010, 06:52:12 pm »

Bother Kyrgyz or Randall about it. I'd say talk to me, but we'll probably hire you, and I'd just tell one of them to go hire you anyways.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 03, 2010, 07:03:54 pm »

I wonder if I joined the game and played long enough to become a great inventor if the creators would let me invent something...

I am assuming No since I probably need connections.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 03, 2010, 08:27:45 pm »

If you play long enough to become a great inventor you probably can become like Twerp, who went from great scientist to admin =P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 03, 2010, 08:33:16 pm »

If you play long enough to become a great inventor you probably can become like Twerp, who went from great scientist to admin =P

How many players does HellMOO have?

I don't know, if I play a MUD one of the requirements is that I will need to be noticed somehow (as that is one of the ways it distinguishes itself from other games). The other is that I will need to kidnap someone to teach me how to play...

That last mud I tried to play was impossible to learn solo and after enough questions even the most helpful person gets angry at you. So I am really picky for when I try to play again (In fact the kidnapping is a requirement)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:38:23 pm by Neonivek »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 03, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

Well, I've seen about 80 people online recently.
I don't mind helping you with stuff(not today though) but you should read a bit on the wiki first and figure out what kind of char you want to make. Or fool around as an orphan for a while while learning.

Getting noticed... Easiest way would be Infamy and being an ass in general or you could try become a 'respectable' corp owner.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 03, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »

Weeeeeeeeeeeell

It didn't take long for me to be instantly repelled by this game after reading the Wiki... it isn't the game for me ohh well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 03, 2010, 09:49:27 pm »

Anything in particular from the wiki that you felt particularly at odds with?  But yes, the game is certainly populated by a large number of undesirables.  That is why I feel it is even more important to try and level the percentages.

Also, the wasteland still is up and running!  Made some hootch on the new rig, as well as a couple kegs of homebrew soda.

I call my soda 15-up, because "It's More Than Double the Bubble!".  Also because 15 is F in hexadecimal, so it's F-up.  The stuff smells like sewage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 04, 2010, 01:19:25 am »

Also, Jackrabbit, you probably just submitted the idea at a bad time, since there have been more *ideas bans handed out for less and less reason lately, presumably because of the admins getting pissed off over Scrub's (and his alts') constant stream of completely fucktarded ideas.

Whether or not it was a bad idea, my intention wasn't even clear, it sounded like I was trying for attention and because of all that it sound retarded. I'm not surprised it happened the way it did, and I'll just ignore it for a few weeks until everyone stops caring. The only thing that bothers me was it could have been a decent suggestion if I'd just though about how to present it.
Well, I submitted an idea for a "Chudbert" NPC in the Weyland Utani building and so far that's been fairly well received.  Don't know if any admins have looked at it though.  And, more than likely all the positive votes have come from WOMBAT members.

It is most likely due to the timing that people are on edge, but just the same Jack's submission does look a bit...  Odd.  It just comes out of nowhere, smacks you upside the head and flies away before you even know what hit you.  Just like El Luchacabra himself, I guess.

It really was just a miscommunication.  I've been chatting with one of the admins as of late, I'll try and contact him about it when he's online next.  No guarantees though, the administrative organization in this game does seem to be a little...  Quirky.  And I don't think the guy I've been talking with has all that lofty a position in the hierarchy.
It doesn't actually matter, really. I appreciate your offers hugely but it's no big deal. I'm just going to wait until people forget.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 04, 2010, 02:16:15 am »

Anything in particular from the wiki that you felt particularly at odds with?

The indepth rape system in particular with included mutation earned rape super power.

I mean there is more you can do with the sex skill... but still it is sort of extremely creepy.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 04, 2010, 02:17:46 am »

Yep. The game is violent, crude and horrifying. I don't go in for the rape or sex mechanics myself but I must admit that I find the game itself fascinating.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 04, 2010, 02:19:19 am »

I can handle violent especially in a Mudgame. Heck I'd love to see a whole gore system in a MUD where it calculates the arc of your swing to determine if you cut someone through or not with your sword.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 311