Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476669 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3210 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:01 am »

We probably have at least one of them, since we literally have like 40+ schems.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:17 am »

Unfortunately, we don't have a blacklash schem. Or one for any cocoons. The full list is the first message on *c-wombat.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:29 am »

When we get a research unit, I'll be glad to be our science nut.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: October 01, 2010, 11:41:16 am »

Ya, well I am currently in a corp that could afford a sim but thinks that "sims are gay". That wouldn't be a problem if the corp didn't have millions in the bank but 6, yes 6 total recipes in the HQ.

It is really kind of depressing. 17 science and 17 craft going to waste :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:37 am »

Teaching is more useful later, when you've got the raws in other skills to teach them to high levels. Because you get some percentage of the xp they spend.

Cabinets and safes are pretty cheap, when it comes down to it. Consider investing in one. And frame packs never hurt either, though they can't store as much. You can quite often find them lying around, I have ten or so, and I've only bought one.

Yes, I'm well aware that teaching is useful, that's why I picked it during character gen because I thought tagged skills just gave you 1.00 raw to start with.  I didn't know that it was faster and easier to train those skills throughout the rest of the game.

But what, if any, use is there to having a tagged skill in teach?  Do you get a higher percentage of the XP spent?  Do you make people feel happy for having learned under your benevolent guidance?  What benefit is there to having more than 1.00 raw in teaching?

And as for cabinets, realize that "cheap" is a relative term.  I think I saw a floor safe for a little under one grand, so I should be able to get that.  It'll cut my account roughly in half, but I could certainly buy it.

There are a couple chemistry schems from the lot you picked up that I would like, however.  I don't have the resources for them as of yet, but coffee enemas and viromycin are both quite handy.  I'll check the list again later to see if there's anything else I'd like to get my hands on.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:50 pm »

Ya, well I am currently in a corp that could afford a sim but thinks that "sims are gay". That wouldn't be a problem if the corp didn't have millions in the bank but 6, yes 6 total recipes in the HQ.

Become a manager, take all the money and join us.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:45 pm »

Yes, I'm well aware that teaching is useful, that's why I picked it during character gen because I thought tagged skills just gave you 1.00 raw to start with.  I didn't know that it was faster and easier to train those skills throughout the rest of the game.

But what, if any, use is there to having a tagged skill in teach?  Do you get a higher percentage of the XP spent?  Do you make people feel happy for having learned under your benevolent guidance?  What benefit is there to having more than 1.00 raw in teaching?
The benefit to tagging it is you don't have to learn it, as it's essentially impossible to grind it to one raw. Or grind it at all, as far as I know. And the benefit to having more than one raw is to be able to teach to higher levels, though if you're brainsy enough it doesn't really matter. There's no practical benefit to having the total higher than 15 that I know of, though, and even then that only matters if you have other skills at 15 raw.

And as for cabinets, realize that "cheap" is a relative term.  I think I saw a floor safe for a little under one grand, so I should be able to get that.  It'll cut my account roughly in half, but I could certainly buy it.
You could also gather cinder blocks and scrap wood to make shelves, though I don't know how much they hold...

There are a couple chemistry schems from the lot you picked up that I would like, however.  I don't have the resources for them as of yet, but coffee enemas and viromycin are both quite handy.  I'll check the list again later to see if there's anything else I'd like to get my hands on.
Don't have viromycin, apparently. At least it's not in my main list. I do have one for nanite healers, but it's locked away in a safe deposit box for now. And coffee enemas are only really useful for characters that don't die a lot, since cancer is one of the least threatening things in a world where a month without being killed is an accomplishment.

Become a manager, take all the money and join us.
I believe only a holder can withdraw funds. Also, what corp is that?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: October 01, 2010, 01:01:35 pm »

Ah you might be right actually.
Managers possibly can only deposit.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: October 01, 2010, 01:40:37 pm »

Cinderblock bookshelves hold a ton, but can't be closed or locked. Useful for cleaning up the floor of crap, and keeping crafting supplies that you use in bulk when you get the rest of the parts, but not for securing expensive gear. Still, worth it.

As for the money thing, its however the corp is setup. Some corps let managers withdraw, some don't let the lowest level sign contracts. I've never run a corp, so I'm not sure how to work that, but I know it can be changed.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: October 01, 2010, 02:33:44 pm »

Don't really know if cinderblock shelves are really  worth it, still. I'm currently storing stuff that's worthless until I have more components in trash bags and it works fine.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:22 pm »

Hmm. Can't one Improvise molotov with alcohol/shirt? Or do i need more than 13 in chem for that?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: October 01, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »

Huh.  Just realized that Hideous Freaks are essentially serial killers...

You destress from killing people, you gain bonuses to Torture and Sneak, you can scare people (which sends you into a murderous frenzy), you're automatically hunted by the police, you gain increased senses (makes whipping, skinning, and crafting whips from skins easier), and your blood is acidic.

...wait, what?

Aside from that last bit, it's all pretty clearly a nasty sociopath.  Neato.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: October 01, 2010, 10:45:55 pm »

I think they're more modeled on the alien from Alien than a serial killer. They both share all the traits you described save the last one, which is unique to Alien (although I'm not sure Aliens can torture).

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: October 01, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »

Abominations might be. Don't really know about freaks though...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: October 02, 2010, 01:09:47 am »

Yeah, abominations are definitely based on the aliens of, well, Alien.  Acidic blood (from freak) and chestbursters kinda seal the deal.  Freaks just seem to be sociopaths with acidic blood.

Speaking of the undesirables, are freaks immune to the abominable radiations?  If not, things could get kinda complicated for any freak attempting to serve as a medic for the abominations...

Chuds are just badass on their own time.  Heh...  Can you imagine what it would be like to have several players with a lot of chud rep (and thus minions) ganging together to form one warband?  That would be quite a sight to see.

Anyways, today has been a good day for WOMBAT.  A very good day indeed.  Should be fun to see how everything pans out in the end, but for now we're just riding it easy like we always do.

Heh, I bet Frog never thought of WOMBAT getting as big as it is now.  Always fun to see where these things go.

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, and I survived a night spent in freezing winds while wanted by CSS on top of the W-U roof.  Long story.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 311