Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476747 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3150 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:15 am »

Plus, you always have the max bonuses. Vamp disease starts out really weak compared to the bonuses you get.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: September 28, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »

That still doesn't really change things though, as the vampire hunters will fulfill their titles regardless of whether or not your vampirism is just a passing fancy.  And even with halved sun damage it's still far more than you'd want to deal with by going out into the daylight.

Heres the deal. Back when gangland was half its size, I could make 30k a day with half the cams. It is VERY worth it, and earns massive amounts of cash.

That's all well and fine, but how many of the COPS cams do you think you could get your hands on?  If they're all hacked by some caffeine-pumped hacker superfreak with 30+ total skill, there's no chance for a relatively new hacker to even come away from an attempt unharmed.  Half of nothing pays exactly as well as all of nothing.

There are one or two non-COPS cams in there though, I suppose one could try their luck on those.

Is it actually possible for anyone to see anything through those cams, or do they serve no other purpose than just shiny money trees?

And I'm fairly close to 3 raw with medic, It'll probably just bump itself up with the occasional detox or mortilex injection I hand out in the Bradbury lobby.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: September 28, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »

That still doesn't really change things though, as the vampire hunters will fulfill their titles regardless of whether or not your vampirism is just a passing fancy.  And even with halved sun damage it's still far more than you'd want to deal with by going out into the daylight.

Heres the deal. Back when gangland was half its size, I could make 30k a day with half the cams. It is VERY worth it, and earns massive amounts of cash.

That's all well and fine, but how many of the COPS cams do you think you could get your hands on?  If they're all hacked by some caffeine-pumped hacker superfreak with 30+ total skill, there's no chance for a relatively new hacker to even come away from an attempt unharmed.  Half of nothing pays exactly as well as all of nothing.

There are one or two non-COPS cams in there though, I suppose one could try their luck on those.

Is it actually possible for anyone to see anything through those cams, or do they serve no other purpose than just shiny money trees?

And I'm fairly close to 3 raw with medic, It'll probably just bump itself up with the occasional detox or mortilex injection I hand out in the Bradbury lobby.
Any cam is hackable by anyone with even decent skill.
And they allow you to recruit ganglanders/have sex with them, while under your cams.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: September 28, 2010, 04:50:15 pm »

What are boats like? If I bought a Runabout, could someone steal it?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: September 28, 2010, 04:57:44 pm »

Yes. Quite easily. Don't know what they're like though, having never so much as been on one. I did have a plane once, managed to kill myself with it. Twice. The first time I stepped out of it while it was still flying (after which it somehow landed), and the second I lost control and crashed it in gangland.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: September 28, 2010, 05:10:51 pm »

Yes. Quite easily. Don't know what they're like though, having never so much as been on one. I did have a plane once, managed to kill myself with it. Twice. The first time I stepped out of it while it was still flying (after which it somehow landed), and the second I lost control and crashed it in gangland.
Can you aim which room you'll crash into? Or can you only crash on landing pads/areas?
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: September 28, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

You can make your plane or boat your home if you want, as long it has an indoor room that you can @sethome in. Needless to say its a bad idea to log out with your engines on. Boats move on a special huge sea map, and are piloted in a very different way too. They're really useful for when you need to reach stuff that can't be reached through planes, or need to grind your pilot skill. If you want a boat though, consider a finishing boat or above. Speedboats and runabouts do not have indoor rooms, they're just an outdoor tile large, so they do not hold a lock. If you're rich you can buy a yacht, which is pretty much a moving mini private hotel, with 6 unbreakable nanotube door and the best fuel efficiency, despite moving at half the speed of a speedboat.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: September 28, 2010, 08:08:39 pm »

What are boats like? If I bought a Runabout, could someone steal it?
Yep.
Whenever I needed a boat, pre wipe, I'd just swim out into the ocean and steal one.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3158 on: September 28, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »

Um a couple people just gave me 52k total for no reason, I think I'm filthy newbie rich.
Also Red in Protect Ya Neck hates me and won't sell me anything, is there another way to buy armor, now that I'm so rich?

*Gasp* I just realised... With all this money... I could start DWARFcorp!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:55:01 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:34 pm »

WOMBAT is the closet thing to that right now, we have maybe 6 bay12ers in it
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3160 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:44 pm »

Well it needs to be named DWARF. And it needs to be full of Bay12ers. Once I get some more experience under my belt, I will start DWARF and it will be awesome.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: September 28, 2010, 11:41:25 pm »

Sure it has to be DWARF?  Not MINE, or GEM, or even GOLD?  Or AXE?  Maybe ROCK?

I've been thinking a lot about HellMOO dwarves lately, and I've got a couple variations fairly well planned-out...

WOMBAT hit a new milestone today!  And I was also promoted to manager, which I am most proud of.  I maintain that I was promoted due to my loyalty and services to the company, whereas the current boardmembers were shot straight to the top after joining simply because they're veteran players with at least four times the ability of my own little grunt.  Also they've got more money.

Talked with an admin today, pretty cool dude.  He just needs to remember that he's not just an admin so he can loosen up now and again.  Spoke with him about a couple things, and he cleared up some misconceptions.

I also told him about my experiences with dinaxio.  He said no, it didn't really qualify enough as griefing to warrant a report, and that dinaxio was just a dick and to avoid him.  I shall take him up on his advice and avoid him.

...mostly because that's what I'm already doing.  I'm frikkin' paranoid, man.  Luckily, I can usually feint him long enough to run away.  I just have to be really fast and on top of things in order to respond properly.

I've also been thinking about wizard characters again.  From what I can tell, abominations are the way to go for that sort of thing.  Not only do you get the freakish relaxation for using focus abilities, but you also get bonuses (both direct and indirect) to focus.  And focus freaks will have a lot of 'stunlock'-capable abilities at their fingertips, which makes the slight radiation even more of a nasty aspect.

And I just spraypainted 'Home Sweet Home' in my apartment.  It shines brightly amidst the urine stains, puddles of ejaculate, and piles of vomit that decorate the junk heap.

I live in a toilet.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: September 29, 2010, 04:13:12 am »

I also told him about my experiences with dinaxio.  He said no, it didn't really qualify enough as griefing to warrant a report, and that dinaxio was just a dick and to avoid him.  I shall take him up on his advice and avoid him.
It probably qualifies as griefing, just not the degree that's frowned upon (read 'help griefing' for information on that).

I've also been thinking about wizard characters again.  From what I can tell, abominations are the way to go for that sort of thing.  Not only do you get the freakish relaxation for using focus abilities, but you also get bonuses (both direct and indirect) to focus.  And focus freaks will have a lot of 'stunlock'-capable abilities at their fingertips, which makes the slight radiation even more of a nasty aspect.
Aboms lose the +4 to focus that freaks get, though they do get another +1 to endurance, so freaks are the ideal focus characters.

And I just spraypainted 'Home Sweet Home' in my apartment.  It shines brightly amidst the urine stains, puddles of ejaculate, and piles of vomit that decorate the junk heap.

I live in a toilet.
Buy a towel and clean that shit up.

Can you aim which room you'll crash into? Or can you only crash on landing pads/areas?
No, it's more or less random, as far as I know.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:57:21 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:49 am »

someone should invite me to their corp and teach me how to play/progress

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: September 29, 2010, 11:52:31 am »

Aboms lose the +4 to focus that freaks get, though they do get another +1 to endurance, so freaks are the ideal focus characters.

Strange, that's not listed on the front page for mutations on the wiki, just the specific freak/abom page itself.  Ah well.  In any case, it's possible to stack up mutations so that you get an insane boost to focus anyways, and abomination does still come with some nice bonuses to round out a character like that.  Purely focus-wise, that would make the freaks the more appealing of the two, but abominations do get the radiation, the nice permanent fist weapons that can work off of your beefed-up endurance, and gives you another source of healing to support frequent mendings.

Buy a towel and clean that shit up.

And ruin the effect?  Hell no!
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 311