Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476729 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3120 on: September 27, 2010, 11:18:14 am »

Okay, go to the intersection above the Helliday Inn and just keep going west until you head into Gangland. Once in Gangland, continue going west, ignoring the first road going north and going up the second one, and head into the second of the first two buildings along that road. Ghost Dog's on the roof, and also teaches focus.

e: West not east oh God I hope you haven't taken my directions already you could well be halfway up Yog-Sothoth's asshole.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:27:22 am by Jackrabbit »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: September 27, 2010, 11:47:23 am »

Ghostdog from ratzo : d e n w w w w w w w w w w w n n n n n n w u u

Lau from Rat: d e s s s s s s s w w w

Johnny from rat: d e s s s s s s s w w sw w w s w

Stabby from rat: d e s s s e e e e se e e

Sister from rat: d e s e u w

Roy tends to be at the 711, the Tandoori shack near bradbury, or Jack and Wendies. Sometimes in bradbury as well.

Old man is the same as ghost, but keep heading down the street and search the beach. Be careful of carnies, and don't go at night.

Chester from rat: d e s s s w w w w w w w w w w w ne e n

That should be all of them. Roy and the old man are total pains. The rest don't move.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: September 27, 2010, 12:18:35 pm »

Okay, go to the intersection above the Helliday Inn and just keep going west until you head into Gangland. Once in Gangland, continue going west, ignoring the first road going north and going up the second one, and head into the second of the first two buildings along that road. Ghost Dog's on the roof, and also teaches focus.

e: West not east oh God I hope you haven't taken my directions already you could well be halfway up Yog-Sothoth's asshole.

:P  Thankfully I have a good sense of direction and knew what you meant.

Thanks Beorn- well done figuring out why I asked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: September 27, 2010, 01:42:40 pm »

Heads up for Corpclave (as advised by the wonderful cigar chompin' zombie killin'/killed by Josephus), go take the interview at the MU (MU on the map, too!) when next you sneak in. Look it up on the wiki for how to do it. When you start the interview, everything's pretty straightforward but the two slightly tricky answers are Muut! entertainment (muut? Well, probably. Lmap it, the answer is in the lmap) and Heaven. Then you can get into corpclave whenever.

WU.  Weyland-Utani, like in the Alien films except Utani instead of Yutani.  And as such the entertainment subdivision is WUUT.  Heaven is still Heaven however, and apparently this big megacompany feels the need to send a space mission to a bar in Gangland.

If you get any question 'wrong', just walk out of the room with the interviewer and walk back in.  He'll reset.

As for working in there, a few things can be done.  You can go into the IT room (I think it's on level 5, correct me if I'm wrong) and use a hacking device to jack into the servers there.  Fix them and you'll get job points.  Good hacking experience.

You can also, for the same job, wander around the halls until you hear one of the NPC's whining about how he needs a particular object, and if anyone's going to the storage closet.  Look around the hall until you find a storage closet.  They're pitch-black places, but you can scavenge in them without a light, just keep searching until you find the item they asked for and then hand them the item.  Again, job points.

Yet another way of earning points is to look around for fax and copy machines and fix them.  Good repair experience.

The final way that I know of is to hang around the main business floors (5 and 6, I believe) and wait for someone to say something about doing a post-mortem on a report or whatever.  Talk to them and mention the word 'me', and they'll pass a report off to you.

This is the fun bit.  You need to find someone in the company that you can blame this report on.  Doing so will net you an IP or two in persuasion, and if you blame it on another player they'll get persuasion IP as well (even if they resist and deny responsibility for the report).

All those get you money and points towards completing the office worker job, but there are some other things you can do too.

The W-U building generally has a lot of NPC's in it during normal working hours.  These are regular people just like 33Jim and 12Steve, and they have needs.  One big difference between them and the people on the street, however, is that they're almost all loaded with cash.

So give them soylent bars, start a little nookie, or wander around coughing like mad and then cure the black lung when they get it.  You can make a nice sideline by squeezing the cube rats for their cash.

Also of note is that there's a coffee machine on the 6th floor that you can get free coffee from.  I have no idea how that thing works, so I'll just assume that it's a magic coffee machine that generates a batch of 10 coffees every so often.  Quite handy for when you need coffee, which is of course always.

I'd like to take up ghostbusting, but the wiki says that proton packs need at least 4 raw in science in order to use effectively.  That could take a while, especially with nothing to grind it up on first...  They're probably horrifically expensive too.  Suppose I could use EMP grenades, but...

EDIT:  Wait, wiki says that in order to use a research simulator at all, you need at least 1 raw in science. 

If a simulator needs 1 raw and a proton pack needs 4 raw, how the hell are you supposed to grind science?  Provided you didn't tag it during character creation, that is.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: September 27, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »

You can grind it in the cube pretty easily.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: September 27, 2010, 02:09:07 pm »

Ghostbusting isn't too bad; as long as you have a weapon with some shock/fire damage (even a basic Leather Whip with a Shock mod from Ammunation will work) or even the annoyingly useless EMP mod, you can hurt/kill the poltergeists.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:23 pm »

Kagus- If you teach me teach, I can (probably) teach it to you.  Assuming I have enough XP to learn teach, which I probably don't.  But <3 anyway!

Thanks for the office tip- I will definitely do that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: September 27, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »

Toast, I could teach you teach, then when you type teach you'll see what skills you can teach.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: September 27, 2010, 04:44:21 pm »

Ghostbusting isn't too bad; as long as you have a weapon with some shock/fire damage (even a basic Leather Whip with a Shock mod from Ammunation will work) or even the annoyingly useless EMP mod, you can hurt/kill the poltergeists.

Yes, but...  Come on.  Crossing whips just ain't the same, man.

Kagus- If you teach me teach, I can (probably) teach it to you.  Assuming I have enough XP to learn teach, which I probably don't.  But <3 anyway!

I'd be happy to do so if Rakonas doesn't get to you first.  And I'd be very surprised if you didn't have XP to spare, I mean I've got about 8,000 XP sitting around unspent and only ~2,000 spent.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: September 27, 2010, 04:56:07 pm »

Yes, but...  Come on.  Crossing whips just ain't the same, man.
What? Whipping a ghost into submission isn't badass?

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: September 27, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »

Isnt Frog the owner of WOMBAT?  Oh and someone tell Frog to stop giving out fucking massages! Last time he broke all my arms/legs! >:(
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: September 27, 2010, 06:24:56 pm »

Also, next time someone gets infected with vampirism, let me know.  I'd like to see if it's possible to infect Care Dog and turn him into Care Vampire.
Just think about it...  Vampire hunters would wander in, attack Care Dog, and get auto-fragged when Care Dog slams their head in the fridge for attacking him.  At least in theory...
I was also thinking of turning him into a zombie, but I'm afraid that might be a little more difficult.

Back in the bad old days, zombifying care dog/ratzo would lead to huge city wide zombiepocalypses, due to them being incredibly strong. Johnny Fiveaces was also a favored target.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: September 27, 2010, 07:04:39 pm »

Hey, Eagle, if I prayed to you, what would you do?

e: Magmadeath accidentally convinced Stabs to go after WOMBAT and has agree to pay reparations if Stabs kills me more than a dozen times.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:20:06 pm by Jackrabbit »

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: September 27, 2010, 07:49:37 pm »

Guys the Black Sword is back!!!
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: September 27, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »

Note to self:  Be VERY careful with the recycling unit.

Ouch.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 311