Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476748 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3090 on: September 26, 2010, 10:03:06 pm »

Also, I found an inaluct trading card.  Fear me.

Also, how do I get a generic hide from a skin?  I'm trying to make a leather whip.
skin is a generic hide.
Just improv whip with skin with 10 in your inventory.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 26, 2010, 10:05:11 pm »

Okay, so. I have high density and salamander, brawn 10, reflexes and cool 14. What mut should I get next? I was thinking I'd work on my focus skill and get writhing smoke, but everyone here seems to know more about the game than me so I thought I'd ask you guys.
Wait, you are doing focus with those stats?
You do know it relies on Senses and Endurance.

I do. I figured it'd be offset by the focus bonuses I'd get from it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 26, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »

10?  Ah.  Time to go skin more orphans.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 26, 2010, 11:14:31 pm »

WOMBAT is saving for the yacht. We can't afford the research contracts
If you mean simulators, they cost something like a million credits each. Its cheaper to buy the electric one and research the rest, but you slow down your ability to get the  rest of the schematics that way. We should be able to pool our cash and get a couple of benches, though I'm not sure whose apt they would go in.

They nerfed that, you can't make other sims with the eletromechanical one anymore. And they're about 200k each IIRC, pherhaps 150k.

Yachts work great as moving homes due to their 5 nanotube doors, multiple rooms and, of course, ability to move around. Just remember to aways fuel it at docks because AFAIK there are no ways to fuel a boat that isn't in a port.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fritz

• Bay Watcher
  • Hallo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 26, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »

There is! Just be sure to carry a secured stash of jerrycans filled with fuel. Using a speed boat, I often have to refuel in the middle of the ocean every once in a while.

Do take note that there is no security for boats that are docked or stored at a port. Luxury Yacht are also prime targets for burglary, and the only thing that storing a boat does is prevent it from being hijacked and sailed away somewhere else. Everything on a yacht is fare game for thieves, since there will be no security to hinder them!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:35:41 pm by Fritz »
While beneath the rest, I will best them with zest!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: September 27, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

Can't you just install locks on the doors?  I noticed that I was apparently allowed the ability to install stuff on a door in Sharpton, so I don't think it's limited strictly to apartment doors.  But I don't know, and I didn't actually try following through with the Sharpton door because I figured I didn't really want to live in a literal rat's nest.

As for workbenches, I've got a chemistry set and a cooking stove.  Anyone's welcome to come by and use them, or hand me ingredients for something so I can make it for them.  Chemistry recipes are also highly appreciated.  Just hit me up ingame.

Oh, yeah, speaking of which...  Mortilex hypos seem pretty dang easy to make.  All I need is an empty syringe and a zombie brain, both fairly easy to get hold of (syringes are scattered liberally in places like the crack mansion).  Each hypo has ten doses in it, and I've got a couple sitting around in the bench.  If you're planning on dancing with some zeds, let me know and I can hand you a needle or, if I've got nothing better to do, I can follow you around and keep you tip-top if your medical skill isn't too hot.

Also, I need to raid the clinic for that recipe for a large trauma kit.  Once I've got that, medical supplies will be a snap.  Lunch box, chunk o' charcoal, and a vial of fenofibrate will make for a kit.  Again, fairly easy to get the ingredients, so I can hand them out to most of those who need them once production starts.

I'm still fairly low-level.  I've got plenty of XP just sitting unused, but I haven't gotten any skills up to 3 raw yet.   My inexperience is tempered by my willingness though...  Somewhat.

If you want some booze, I'm also up for it.  You can buy a bottle of hootch for oh, say, $99?  Quite reasonable for six units of alcohol.  Or you can bring me a pile of scrap wood and I'll make it for you for free.

I'm going to try making some molotovs soon.  Scrap wood and t-shirts should provide everything necessary, if I'm not completely mistaken.

Been thinking about the possibility of a Brains/Cool character.  Would be interesting.  You'd get a bonus to bombs and piloting, plus the dubious usefulness of torture, but you'd give up what little bonus a Brains/Senses character gets to dodge and scavenge.  Crafting would also only get the boost from Brains.

On another plus side you wouldn't have to worry so much about the huge hit to skills that stress causes, and you'd be able to sort of carry off a blades-medic character who could reasonably use a butcher knife or scalpel.  You might also theoretically put a couple extra points in Brawn so you can use pistols or something, but that's kind of out there.  Mostly, it's just a Brainiac who can hold his own in being a badass.

I wonder...  Freakdom lends itself to a fairly nasty dump in Cool, which leads to 1337speak (and this insinuates itself into the other freak filter), and that can make communication difficult...  When your speech is affected, does it also tweak what's displayed in thought bubbles?  Could be fun.  Telepathic communication.

EDIT:  I just had intercourse with Care Dog.  Turns out, he has a plastic starfish and is a virgin.  Sadly, I did not get an achievement for doing it with dear ol' Dog...  Aside from the standard date rape thing.

Also, next time someone gets infected with vampirism, let me know.  I'd like to see if it's possible to infect Care Dog and turn him into Care Vampire.

Just think about it...  Vampire hunters would wander in, attack Care Dog, and get auto-fragged when Care Dog slams their head in the fridge for attacking him.  At least in theory...

I was also thinking of turning him into a zombie, but I'm afraid that might be a little more difficult.

EDIT2: And I know Toaster was the one who brought up the Brainscool character earlier, I was just giving my two cents worth on the subject.

Oh...  Does anyone know if you can hold radioactive materials?  If so, you could just load up an abomination character with lots of junk to turn them into a walking dirty bomb.  Could be loads of fun, especially with a focus-magic character or hooligan who could keep people stuck in one place for a while.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 27, 2010, 03:20:36 am »

I believe you can carry fuel rods, but I don't know if radioactive objects in your inventory irradiate the square around you. If they did, I'd expect to see people popping rad-q and sitting in AP with a framepack full of fuel rods. Of course, fairly recently they added "dumping radioactive waste" as a crime in FC, and just carrying it on camera might be enough to get you stars...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: September 27, 2010, 03:21:18 am »

Curse you, Kagus. When you had logged off, I had somehow walked out of prison with 3 stars and they won't let me back in. (Yes, I did report it as a bug.)
I can't use the Implomatic on myself. D: The bomb hasn't exploded yet, though, and it's like I didn't even leave prison... it's just like they don't want me.
EDIT: Ah, well. I doesn't really matter. I just needed to wait in the lobby until my sentence was up(like 12 minutes?).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:41:29 am by Jack_Bread »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 27, 2010, 03:54:56 am »

Jack: You can go back and use the fine terminal.

Kagus: Put as many rods as you can in the backpack. Keep filling backpacks until you get near your limit. Make macro Dump X backpack, so it dumps em all instantly. Dump container is near instant, so Boom, instant rad bomb.

Also, crafting ip is slow to gain, unless you abuse the prison, and even then it doesn't get up past 4-5. Its a pain in the neck to level, and even once you've leveled it, you still need other skills for other weapons.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: September 27, 2010, 04:21:23 am »

I know. It's just that I didn't have the money to pay my fine and I just had to wait for the sentence to be up so I can get the damn bomb out of me.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: September 27, 2010, 05:49:55 am »

Noticed sargo advertising a frig... neurons fired in my brain.

Ran my ass off to the Helliday Inn, and got a vacancy!

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: September 27, 2010, 06:08:43 am »

You clever bastard, I'll have to remember that.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19:58 am »

I saw sargo's advertising a fridge, ran my ass off, got a fridge, a large cabinet stocked, and a cooking stove, for less then the price of a large cabinet.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: September 27, 2010, 08:44:20 am »

That was fun. Certain people might have ended up disappointed though.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: September 27, 2010, 08:45:21 am »

;.;

YOU MONSTER. My heart, it's hurt.

Or something.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 311