Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477018 times)

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2925 on: September 22, 2010, 04:39:07 pm »

Where's luskentyre, and is there a contract to kill leeches, or just lamprey invasion ones? I like how easy leeches apparently are for the xp they give (is 20 the maximum anything can give you? I can't recall whether or not I've ever had something give more...), but the trek out to adamant canyon is a real bitch if there's not a way to make money off them (well, it'd still be a bitch, but it'd be a lot easier to justify to myself). And would there happen to be an easier way to get back to FC than going through the mine?
Luskentyre is in the middle of Adamant Canyon. Climb down the two first climbs and then climb up the one that has the picture of the guy or something. No contract to kill leeches, only lamprey invasion ones. Things can give you way more than 20 xp. Turtles gave me 120 xp per kill prewipe (their shells are also tuff as fuck but that is another story). You can get money from completing the contract/job. You don't have to go through the mine to get back to FC from adamant, if that's what you're saying.

QUICK WHO ARE ALL OF YOU IN GAME

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:24 pm »

I got hyperimmune with literally nothing on but I did die straight after getting it due to diseases or something.

Hyperimmune just requires you to know where it is, and be able to heal yourself a bit.

I'm Beortrix, the weed runner of b12. Time to grind me some pistol and find better armor.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 22, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »

I'm JackBread(obviously...). I am a medic.  ;D

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: September 22, 2010, 04:55:26 pm »

I'm JackBread(obviously...). I am a medic.  ;D
Also a snapper of arms with those "massages".

Oh, if you ever need a body guard, you can hire that BJ-9 bot that sits next to ratso. He's about as strong as Sister Agnes, which isn't much, but you can order him to attack first then attack the mob in safety. Costs 1000 and I'm not sure how long it would last.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: September 22, 2010, 04:56:06 pm »

Kyrgyz here.  I know, exceptionally original choice of name, but hey...

I'm also working on becoming a crafter/medic sort (eventually looking to become a freak).  I'm currently looking around for components to build a distillery in my apartment.  I currently need mugs, actuated valves, steel pipe caps and condenser coils.  Any of the other items (I'm not going to list them all here, they're on the 'set of still instructions' recipe from Grumbard-Sanders) would be welcome as well, in case I happen to need a couple spares due to breakage.  I have no idea how to make booze once I've got it up and running, but y'all are welcome to have some when I do.

Would some experienced chap mind telling me if there's any reason, at all, for buying bonds?  Sinking several thousand bucks into something that will return a paltry amount in one in-game year seems a little odd to me, especially when the blackjack tables are open...

Maybe if you're planning to log off for a very long time?  I suppose that would do it.  And, also, if you want to look seriously awesome and pack a bunch of bonds into a suitcase to hand off for a non-PayPal transaction.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:53 pm »

Most of those items can be snagged from that junk buyer guy. The mugs are the real pain.

As for how it works, well, not so well. You can make massive amounts of soda easily I believe, but I can't recall ever seeing booze brewed in mass quantities.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 22, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »

I went into Avram's just recently.  Only thing I saw in the list was a steel pipe cap, and in the time between seeing it on the list and typing "buy cap", he'd taken it off the counter.

I've already got one mug, and I have no idea where I got it from.  Knowing would make it a lot easier, so I could just go back there and sniff around some more.

Soda...  Well, soda ain't booze, but I've got plenty of uses for soda so that's fine.  I know where to get the recipe too, visited that little asian dude's shop in shoreline.  Is it just me, or do parrots somehow cost more than a girl in a box?

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: September 22, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »

Not really much reason for buying bonds unless as you said, you're not going to log on for a while, or if you want to invest your money into corporeal, stealable items.

I am also buying stuff. Give me any tesla generator assemblies you manage to find from the pustule area in the subsewers, and I will pay you 8k each. 76Moogle in game (rejoice i have a moogle alias!! pesky numbers)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:08:26 pm by Ancient Thingy »

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 22, 2010, 05:39:17 pm »

Frog, my main, Whipper who runs about and does stuff.

Toad, alt, future abom.
Salamander, other alt to try out focus and such.

And yeah, I snuck that first mug into your pack when I found it. I think i got it from sharpton.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:14 pm »

Not really much reason for buying bonds unless as you said, you're not going to log on for a while, or if you want to invest your money into corporeal, stealable items.

I am also buying stuff. Give me any tesla generator assemblies you manage to find from the pustule area in the subsewers, and I will pay you 8k each. 76Moogle in game (rejoice i have a moogle alias!! pesky numbers)

Were you aware that Fat Ratso is handling a bounty for you?  You're worth $100 to someone.

Frog, my main, Whipper who runs about and does stuff.

Toad, alt, future abom.
Salamander, other alt to try out focus and such.

And yeah, I snuck that first mug into your pack when I found it. I think i got it from sharpton.

I detect a pattern...  Do you happen to like amphibians, by any chance?

And thanks for the mug.  Well, back to Sharpton I guess...  I find it very interesting that an abandoned slum complex is positively LOADED with electronics.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: September 22, 2010, 05:44:29 pm »

Nah, that's just for killing an enforcer droid. Automatic $100 bounty if you kill one.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: September 22, 2010, 05:48:33 pm »

I climbed the 800 meter cliff on stormfront. Made anything below my waist useless, but it was worth it. Then I ate some mushroom sludge and met an outer god.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 22, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

You don't have to go through the mine to get back to FC from adamant, if that's what you're saying.
How do I get back through the mountain pass then? I went past the waterfall and ran the yeti gauntlet into the mine, and just walked through it to get back to the other side of the river. Is there an easier way to cross the river again?

QUICK WHO ARE ALL OF YOU IN GAME
I named my character after the Goetic demon whose office is to steal treasures from the houses of kings and destroy cities and dignities of men. And to be omniscient and cause love between friends and foes, but that's just the Goetia's randomness for you... It seemed fitting for an abomination (the first two parts anyways), and the name actually sounds good, unlike some of them. I always have a hard time coming up with names for characters, so I figured pulling one from a list of demons was as good a way as any.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 22, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »

Either Lothonus, a crafter/medic build or Rakonas, a guns build or some shit, haven't played that one in a while.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 22, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »

You have to climb up the abandoned freeway (south of the pool), north past the bears, jump down the river, and then climb back up the girder to get to the other side.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 311