Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477013 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2910 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »

You'll love the hallucinations.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:55 pm »

PCP, from what I recall the couple of times I messed around with it pre-wipe, makes you hallucinate that random items have skulls on them and are talking to you, and gives randomly shifting debuffs to your stats. I don't know if it has any benefits, or if it's just a (fairly dull) mindfuck kind of thing. I even went and fought while under its influence, and nothing interesting happened (I was hoping it would make me hallucinate and think the orphan I was fighting was satan or something D: ).

SA doesn't really play into HellMOO that much, it just happens to have been made by (I think) people from there, and geared towards their particular interests. Or else goons just found it and fell in love with its brutal hilarity. It certainly fits with the general conception of goons, in any case.

Try to provoke goons and you'll get everyone, goon or not, after you, just to differentiate themselves from you.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:18 pm »

Pcp joints are great for debuffing youself to grind easier.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 22, 2010, 03:44:26 am »

I'm currently sitting around 16K xp, and have ripper, high density, brute strength, and ultraclotte. I plan on taking abom with my tenth slot and hyperimmune with the ninth since the gas mask you need to get HI (I assume?) is obviously not wearable by aboms, but I don't want to be deprived of nanites until they'd become almost worthless anyways, and so have decided that I'll take HI when I have two slots free, to get it and abom in one go without needing to grind in between.

Since I need fuck machine and hideous freak, that means I have two slots I can fill with something else before going abom. Were I to put off getting abom till my eleventh slot I could get yeti skin, leapfrog, and flight (should I choose to go flybom). If I maintain my current path I could get twitchy nerves and leapfrog, taking yeti skin and flight for eleven and twelve.

Or I could toss out the flybom and go for focus muts, with the intent of going for blink eventually, meaning I should take fuck machine for my fifth so I can better manage my horny level to balance buffs and debuffs, and to (try) to grind focus. This was my original idea until people started talking about how awesome flybom is. With this route I could take rubberskin and firewalker, since I wouldn't need yeti skin, meaning I'd have better soak coverage against just about anything players are likely to throw at me, though considering how random blink is compared to flight I'd have a bit harder time getting around safely...

Or I could put off all that until later, and get twitchy nerves and bloodhound to buff up my dodge, track, spears, and ultimately focus...

I'm rather at a loss because I still don't know if I should go flybom or blinkbom (or clairbom but that's a little lolwut...), or focus on becoming the best damn killing machine I can be for the time being. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten many opportunities to talk with more knowledgeable players about this, so I'm hoping someone will have more of a clue than I do what my priorities at this point should be...

Semi-related: when should I start buying endocrine boosters? As soon as I can afford to? Or should I be stockpiling my money?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 22, 2010, 03:55:23 am »

I'm afraid that you're probably one of the most knowledgeable players in this thread, so asking for advice ain't gonna net you many expert tips...

My two cents?  Work on becoming an excellent killing machine before abominating.  As an abomination you'll have to deal with a lot of people trying to kill you, and a fair number of them will be good at it.  Might as well be as prepared for them as you can get before taking the plunge.

Oh, yeah...  I decided to go to 21Jack's today for the heck of it, and to complete another tic on the Gambler job.  Due to some recklessness and dangerously high bets, I walked out of there six rounds later and $16,000 richer.

After that, hooked up with a few of the Bay12 boys for an awesome time at Any Port, where Ghozt handed me a a needle and I got to trip out on curare.  Then we all got stoned and drunk, and I pissed on a vampire who killed everyone in the bar.

So all our naked clones wound up sitting outside Any Port, waiting for the doors to open and let us back at our stuff, when JackBread came along and decided now was the perfect time to start giving thorough massages to everyone present.  Good times, good times...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:06 am »

Thorough, sexual massages.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: September 22, 2010, 04:14:02 am »

Well, I just got back from Kakuri, snagged myself a katana. Is it worthwhile to kill the people in side wearing the lotus gear for armor, or is there another easy to get decent set above leather/cage?

Also, Bleach is bad to drink.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: September 22, 2010, 04:18:42 am »

The people inside are quantifiably stronger than the gate guard, and they only have a small chance of dropping katanas. They mostly drop nunchaku.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: September 22, 2010, 04:19:36 am »

I was talking more about the armor then the katana. I already snagged myself one, but then discovered mid dramatic sword fight with pigeons flying about, that my wakizashi will get me to raw 3.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: September 22, 2010, 06:39:05 am »

Where's luskentyre, and is there a contract to kill leeches, or just lamprey invasion ones? I like how easy leeches apparently are for the xp they give (is 20 the maximum anything can give you? I can't recall whether or not I've ever had something give more...), but the trek out to adamant canyon is a real bitch if there's not a way to make money off them (well, it'd still be a bitch, but it'd be a lot easier to justify to myself). And would there happen to be an easier way to get back to FC than going through the mine?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:14 pm »

Aaand that's another ~$25,000 in my pocket, courtesy of 21Jack.  Poor sap's going to lose his job soon if this keeps up...

And to think I was just about to complain about how the table keeps bets on a push.  I guess that's just how post-ap blackjack is...  Dealer keeps bets on a push, and hands out x5 on a natural 21.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: September 22, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »

Kagus is counting cards in a post apocalyptic world and striking it rich, oh god.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:27 pm »

If it haven't changed, the blackjack does not use a normal deck and Jack cheats often.
Kagus is just damn lucky

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: September 22, 2010, 03:14:14 pm »

I got hyperimmune with literally nothing on but I did die straight after getting it due to diseases or something.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: September 22, 2010, 03:35:06 pm »

Not all the admins are goons. I'm not sure how many are, but at least a few are. One at least is a bay12er.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 311