Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477111 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2850 on: September 20, 2010, 05:55:40 pm »

So long as your hunters aren't really good at fisticuffs or blades...

Like that zombie guy that ran around killing everything in prison, including me.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: September 20, 2010, 05:56:02 pm »

You can sneak things into there through the visitors lounge. Also, admins can randomly blow up your bomb, so be sure to do other things other then grind in there.

If you can get free range of the drinks, then you can REALLY easily grind chemistry with molotovs anyway.

Just walked into Bradbury. 26 vacancies.

Edit: Taking on 10 orphans at once is deadly. Don't try it at home.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:25:11 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: September 20, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »

Frig this, I'm making another char. Taking Merlin as inspiration, I intend to build a gimmick character.

Flight, Brute Strength, Ultraclotte, and Solar Sponge/Rubberskin. Plus Carrie.

Damn right. I am going to be Post-Apocalyptic Superman.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2853 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:26 pm »

Uh, HBARN kicked me out for some reason...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: September 20, 2010, 11:36:31 pm »

There needs to be a reason to kick you out? I  mean, your taco dan.

Edit: Hmm, can't get a job with ENEMA. Was hoping to get some spare cash and free stuff.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:47:24 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 20, 2010, 11:47:57 pm »

You're posting_to_watch? Shezmu logged on, asked who hired you, then fired you when someone told him that you'd been in hbarn for a while, proclaiming "Not any more!". Don't know why.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 21, 2010, 12:11:21 am »

Anyone know anything about OLW? Just snagged a pants load of nice things, including a fine wakazashi that someone decided to not have a cocoon with, from one of their members.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 21, 2010, 12:14:19 am »

Anyone know anything about OLW? Just snagged a pants load of nice things, including a fine wakazashi that someone decided to not have a cocoon with, from one of their members.
OLW is a weak corp.
Thier leaders are too daft to carry cocoons, and get very angry if stolen from.
Fortunately, they arn't all that strong.
When they gang up on you though, watch out.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 21, 2010, 12:40:26 am »

So pretty much just carry a cocoon and ignore. Sweet. Free nice blade.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2859 on: September 21, 2010, 01:06:06 am »

You're posting_to_watch? Shezmu logged on, asked who hired you, then fired you when someone told him that you'd been in hbarn for a while, proclaiming "Not any more!". Don't know why.
Ah well, no big deal, I'll just be a lone wolf for a while. Also, Isn't MEHTAL the founder? 'Cause he's who hired me.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 21, 2010, 01:21:18 am »

Well, that was fun.

There I was, churning out license plates in prison, when I heard the loudspeaker system blare "VISITOR ENTERING THE LOUNGE".  Frog paged me saying that he had gathered up what he could find of my stuff in a back alley, and that he had something to give to me in the visiting area.

Somewhat stressed from failed improvisations involving license plates, I wandered into the lounge and started bellowing 1337 at the windows in an attempt to communicate with him.  After a bit of fiddling, Frog passed me a hackysack, a stack of pogs, and an electro flash whip.

Code: [Select]
Outside: Frog yells, "GODDAMMIT!"
At his behest, I tried shoving the thing back through the window.  No go.  Apparently, only visitors can smuggle things around...  Prisoners obviously have nothing useful to give to the people who stop by.

So, Frog gave me a couple other gifts and then left the lounge, announcing that he would be back shortly. 

He comes back later, hands me his shades through the window, then disappears again.

Kyrgyz flips the hackysack up with his toe and launches it into the air.
You realize this would be more fun with friends.
Frog arrives from the north.
The hackysack hits the floor.  Plop.
Frog waves.

Prison buddies.  Whee.

What followed was a rather...  entertaining series of events.  Frog tries to enter into the fight club, but they won't let him into the ring with his whip.  He tries to throw the whip into the ring so he can pick it up once he's there, but his arms are too weak to make the distance.

Then he decides we need a bag of some sort, and so he starts scrounging skins while I whack the hackysack furiously in order to blow off some of my stress.

Much later, we find out that you can't actually improvise loot bags from human skin, so we start trying to figure out some other plan of action.  Somehow, Frog has acquired a straw hat during his escapades climbing around outside.

A voice blares from the loudspeakers: "FRESH FISH!  Bulldozar cloning in."
Suddenly, Bulldozar.  I receive a thoughtful letter from Frog, wherein he writes "I AM SO DEAD".  I walk down from the yard and find Bulldozar headbutting Frog senseless.  I throw myself moronically into the fray, and The 'Doz gives me a good thump for my efforts.  Together we manage to scare him off, but not for long.

I move north to do...  something...  can't quite remember what it was, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.  A prisoner NPC attacks me, stops me from running away, and starts putting up a very disturbing fight.  Frog comes charging in to the rescue, and throws himself between me and the prisoner's assault.

Then Bulldozar arrives again and gives Frog yet another crack on the noggin.  Everything goes south, including me, and I soon find myself cowering in the lounge with 2 HP left.  To the north, Frog dies.

I strip the jumpsuit off a dead inmate and fashion some impromptu bandages.  Bulldozar is sitting at the bottom of the stairs, waiting, and I'm still just a breath away from being quite dead.  The inmate's bandages prove insufficient, so I strip my own suit off and make bandages from that.  Then I get some help from Frog (who has served his sentence and had been cloned on parole), and make a break for it.

A naked man runs screaming past two Panopticon inmates, dashes up the stairs, rushes for the exit and stops inches away from freedom to pay his fine (which claims to have already been paid) and drop a few sharp pointy objects that the forcefield disagreed with.  Then, sweet, sweet air.

I join up with Frog later on for a Let-out-of-prison apartment party, where he gives me the awesome gift of my old stuff (well...  Most of it anyways).  I make a whip from the human skins we collected, and he hangs the head of omishobo7 on his wall.  Great times were had as I root through his room in order to find his shades for him, the room being entirely too bright for someone of his...  talents.

Then the time to go about our separate lives is forced upon us, and Frog offers to show me the express exit.  I look around, see nothing but the door, and ask him what exit it is that he speaks of.

Frog lunges at Kyrgyz!
Frog grabs Kyrgyz and pins his arms behind his back.
Frog lets go of Kyrgyz.
Frog shoves Kyrgyz into the garbage chute and closes it behind him!
Whooaaaa!

Sadly, something goes terribly, terribly wrong...  What would have been a hilarious joke played between friends turns ugly as the fragile thin-boned brainiac, having recently been savaged by a testosterone-pumped headthumper in prison and having used only a few small strips of clothing to patch up the damage, is splattered across the refuse of the dumpster bin below.  -7 hitpoints and a broken arm were enough to send that poor free bird to his death.

But, life goes on, and this is particularly true in Hell where the same life gets to go on.  A fresh new Kyrgyz rises from the gooey vats and into the blinding light of fluorescent tubing and the streetlights of Freedom City.  Indeed, a new Kyrgyz so fresh, it hadn't been updated since before he left for prison.  Bye bye .24 points in craft...

But I did get my stuff back, and now I've even got a great big supply of lockpicks that I can...  I dunno, fiddle my way into NPC apartments?  I'll find something to do with them.  And I also now have the dubious honor of having my head placed on Frog's noggin rack.  He was kind enough to retrieve it from my twitching corpse in the garbage disposal.

After that, I decided I needed a drink.  So, after stripping the tight jeans, novelty t-shirt and 910g (WHAT?!) flip-flops from a highly excitable man wandering the streets (I left him his sombrero), I went into Any Port and had myself a right good time, farting, shivering, waving and shouting about Jesus along with the rest of the patrons.  Heck, I even had one very kind individual give me something else from my corpse...  Namely, the shiny doctor's mirror I got for completing the medic job.  She even informed me where I got it from, since I had just opened up my inventory one day and wondered if my character had been to some uproarious drunken party the night before.  Since that was a one-shot item, I was quite happy to have it back...

Upstairs in the bar, good times were had.  We shouted, sang, and bought drinks for one another...  Apparently, being a minor, I can't order a round of beer for everyone else in the bar.  However, if someone else is buying, I'll still get a glass just like everyone else.

Not to be outdone, however, I ran down to the 9-Eleven, picked up a few blunts, and ran back to Any Port to start handing them around.  I don't think anybody really needed them, but what the hell.  It was fun.  I passed out doobies to three people, but only one other person fired up and started toking with me.  Pff, what slackers.

Unfortunately, I was called away before Care Dog went to bed and we could crack open the fridge.  Oh well, maybe some other time, eh? 

And that, my friends, was just another day in HellMOO.  All's well that ends well.  Oh, yeah, and I won several thousand bucks at the blackjack tables.  Booyeah.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:50 am »

You can scavenge up a set of lockpick plans pretty easy in there. Just so you know for next time.

I gotta hop back on and grind me some gun.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:58 am »

Frig this, I'm making another char. Taking Merlin as inspiration, I intend to build a gimmick character.

Flight, Brute Strength, Ultraclotte, and Solar Sponge/Rubberskin. Plus Carrie.

Damn right. I am going to be Post-Apocalyptic Superman.
Beat you too it. Or at least Im working on it.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 21, 2010, 02:05:58 am »

I helped some corpmates camp some guy for the crime of killing the same shit one of them was killing. Considering how easy it was for me to kill him, I'm guessing he was about on my level, though if he'd had his armor and his high-end whip he'd have probably won. Fortunately, all that was stuck in his cocoon. I still had the honor to kill him with my bare hands, although they are my deadliest weapons because lolripper... >:D
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 21, 2010, 02:11:08 am »

Can anyone get me an invite to a corp? I could use some free money from contracts.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 311