Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477181 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2670 on: September 07, 2010, 08:59:42 pm »

I'll also mention that gangcams can be extremely profitable to a brains build (early on, that is, later there are more profitable things you can do with your time), for safe, relatively easy work.
They'd be extremely profitable for me if COPS didn't most of them and I didn't think they'd grief me out of the game for hacking them. I got two, but thats it. Its a shame that one of the corps with the best of everything are petty about stupid things.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:11 pm »

Have they actually stooped so low as to grief people for hacking cams? Even CORP didn't pull that shit. They claimed they would, and people stayed away for a few hours, then decided to risk it. I don't think they ever did anything; it was just to fuck with people. Not fucking people up over cams was an unwritten rule, because they're almost the only way to grind hack, and the payouts are too low to mean anything to high-level characters.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 07, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »

See instead of me bouncing between MUDs, we need to compile a freaking compendium of MUDs...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 08, 2010, 12:29:48 am »

Even CORP didn't pull that shit.
They did, actually. They sort of ended up alienating the rest of the meux, since they just grinded so much and took everything so seriously.

COPS might kill you over cameras, but I think they'd probably do it mostly for fun. Unless they were desperate for more e-money to blow on e-poker, which I can also sort of see happening. They're pretty nice dudes, though.

Astral, what corp/CEO do you have? He sounds fucking insane.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:41 am »

COPS had the cams for 3 straight months a few months back.
But they kinda loosened up on it now.
TRT will kill you over cams, no questions asked.

Also, there is now a new way to grind hack which is SO MUCH BETTER than hacking cams.
You basically idle, and gain IP.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 08, 2010, 01:28:11 am »

They did, actually. They sort of ended up alienating the rest of the meux, since they just grinded so much and took everything so seriously.
Really? That must have been outside the window when I played, because I don't recall them either carrying out their threats or holding onto the cams for very long, and considering I was the one to repeatedly take their cams (and the one from whom other, more cowardly corps then took cams ::) I'd probably have used it as an excuse to kill them, since it was mostly WHORE and SLUTS (who attacked me a few times, all of which ended badly for them), but my corp's ceo was strongly against starting shit with other corps), I'd think they'd have noticed and come after me. The most that ever happened was one instance of one of them throwing molotovs at me from a square over, which stopped when I walked around the block and carried on elsewhere.

I do remember CORP being generally hated for their griefing and mocked for their grinding, though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 08, 2010, 02:00:07 am »

Really? That must have been outside the window when I played, because I don't recall them either carrying out their threats or holding onto the cams for very long, and considering I was the one to repeatedly take their cams (and the one from whom other, more cowardly corps then took cams ::) I'd probably have used it as an excuse to kill them, since it was mostly WHORE and SLUTS (who attacked me a few times, all of which ended badly for them), but my corp's ceo was strongly against starting shit with other corps), I'd think they'd have noticed and come after me. The most that ever happened was one instance of one of them throwing molotovs at me from a square over, which stopped when I walked around the block and carried on elsewhere.

I do remember CORP being generally hated for their griefing and mocked for their grinding, though.

Here I could have sworn throwing molotovs from a square away was just the way you said Hi in HellMOO.

I've never seen any corp go to war over the cams. Yeah, if you catch em on a boring day, they may chase you down while your doing it, but that's when you book it back to your apt or Anyport. Just remember, they can find you if you head home, but if you get in, close the door, and the door has a lock and your alone in your apt, your safe.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: September 08, 2010, 02:01:32 am »

Get in, drop some land mines, and hide in the shower forever.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 08, 2010, 02:45:24 am »

When did the player wipe happen? And why'd did they do it?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 08, 2010, 03:37:11 am »

Technically, a player did it. A button was placed in the center of every town, and if it wasn't pressed for 24 hours, something amazing would happen. If pressed, well, boom. Needless to say, it lasted 24 seconds.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:09 am »

He has a statue in Freedom City, to memorialize his legendariness.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:23 am »

So everyone had to start over?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 08, 2010, 11:03:34 am »

I thought the character wipe had to do with how many changes had been made over the years: that it wasn't fair to force new players to jump through all sorts of hoops to get to where old players had just walked, so to speak. Though wrapping it in a "you assholes did this to yourselves" does sound like something they would do...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 08, 2010, 12:41:38 pm »

Well, some of the major changes that necessitated the player wipe were regarding the skill system. They decided to cap the skill lvls at 8? whereas there were players that had significantly higher raws across the board. Likewise, they made some incredible changes to how skills leveled, so new players were even farther behind the curve.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:42 pm »

Astral, what corp/CEO do you have? He sounds fucking insane.

What for? He does tend to complain alot, and gets on me for trying to do something like hacking a cam or two from COPS. Though he saves my ass enough to be grateful for his almost obsessive playing of the game.

I should just hack as many as I can and book it to the cube hotel and @quit as soon as I see someone coming after me.

Also, there is now a new way to grind hack which is SO MUCH BETTER than hacking cams.
You basically idle, and gain IP.
Share please!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 311