Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477213 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2625 on: August 31, 2010, 08:34:10 pm »

I made a good bit from hacking cams, though I mostly did that to grind hack (for whatever reason I was grinding hack... I think it was to make more money off hacking cams while I ground up hack... :| ). Then I had enough money to buy some decent equipment and mods, and started doing more profitable things, then I just dicked around and bought shit for the fun of it, like a skateboard (most useless but hilariously dangerous thing ever :D), or a couple of planes, both of which I crashed (making them the most useful (sort of) and hilariously suicidal thing I ever did). I had enough that I could have bought a condo in corptown (or a house, were one available, with a whole lot left over), but I managed to get a Helliday Inn room by some odd stroke of luck, and that was much more convenient than living in the far north of corptown.

And then I took a day off to actually do something, and got out of the swing of things, looked back in a month later to find I'd been fired for inactivity, didn't bother playing again, then the server was reset and I contemplated going back to be on the ground floor of the new order, but was too busy having a life, and by life I mean sitting in front of a coffee shop chain smoking, because I live in a city that's a glorified suburb (well, more a former college town, that was so shitty the college went to a new city (though kept the name), and a seminary bought the old buildings), and has nothing else to do.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 01, 2010, 08:28:43 am »

Hi guys, I'm interested in playing this but I have two questions:
1. What is the best free MUD client? Preferably one with auto-mapper?
2. I'm behind a router and I tried to connect using SimpleMU MUD client and it failed to connect. Any way to get around this?

Mind you, I don't have IT background so I am not as computer-literate as you are.

Ta!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:13 am »

I like MUSHclient, it's pretty okay. No idea about your router.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:08 am »

HellMOO, making douchebags out of people since the time it opened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 02, 2010, 02:24:22 am »

But in the best possible way.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2630 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:36 am »

I can't believe this is making a come-back here. Silly stuff.
I got nothing

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 02, 2010, 04:39:16 am »

If in the best possible way, you mean.. it's a cesspit. You're absolutely right.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 02, 2010, 06:28:57 am »

Obviously I don't. Cesspits aren't the best possible way to be a douchebag.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 04, 2010, 07:02:02 am »

Oh man, I just spent half an hour lying in the desert with this other douchebag because we were on a holy quest to get his penis back after he lost it to the RDCD. We tried climbing a rope, and broke our limbs. His clothes exploded off. We had to lie on the ground until a manager came over and picked us up. It was goddamn hilarious.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:13 am »

Soooo... did he get his penis back?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 04, 2010, 10:06:00 am »

I had to log off, so... I'm not sure. Possibly. The best part was the fact that we went through all sorts of je ne sais quoi looking for Maas Neotek. First I got him lost in the juicer camp, then he told me to follow him, because he knew exactly where we were going. Cue ten minutes later, we're trying to climb up a sheer rock face with a rope and I'm trying not to get aroused while climbing under him. Then I fall and break my leg.

Then HE falls and breaks his arm.

It was like an idiotic buddy cop movie, complete with homoerotic undertones.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 04, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »

Contemplating starting to play again, thinking of possible builds. I know the progression for blades and whips fairly well, less so pistols and even less so rifles. What would the best early grinding weapon for rifles be?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 04, 2010, 06:48:06 pm »

Contemplating starting to play again, thinking of possible builds. I know the progression for blades and whips fairly well, less so pistols and even less so rifles. What would the best early grinding weapon for rifles be?
10/22 or even better the american 180.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 04, 2010, 07:30:02 pm »

cant create damn char

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:38 pm »

10/22 or even better the american 180.
How much would a 180 cost (I assume I'd have to buy it from a corpstore), how high can you grind with it, and how many rounds are in a clip? Given the .22 pancake clips are $330 a piece...

I cannot decide whether to go crafter again, and try to actually focus on crafting/brains stuff this time, rather than just raping everything with a flamechain (are those still readily available?), or to go for a rifle wielding combat build... Or to awkwardly try to do both in the same character, of course that would fall into "jack of all trades, master of none" territory, and it would be an ungodly bitch to grind up the stats for even the combat side, if I took the maximum starting brains (crafting being more or less diametrically opposed to a cool/reflexes/brawn build you need for blades, pistols, and rifles, with it's focus on brains/senses; the only overlap is with the reflexes needed for whips).

The only pure combat build I tried was a blade user, who sucked, partially due to my inexperience, partially due to being unable to repair weapons (and lacking the brains to feint, which was one of the biggest advantages my last character had; *feint* *powerattack* "gg"), and partially due to my inexperience. I had a very hard time training up pistols because overall I had a lot of money problems, and couldn't really afford ammo when almost every single shot missed, nor to replace my gun after it began constantly jamming after a while (and I couldn't repair it myself, since I lacked the brains and repair to do so). It didn't help that the corp I was (KREW with that character) in wasn't really that helpful (at least compared to the one my other character was in (BF1), where if I ever ran into trouble (like breaking my arm grinding climb, and ending up stuck in the abandoned skyscraper (a manager ran over, slapped an insta-cast on me, and opened a portal out), or getting killed by an ancient one (the ceo defibbed me and killed it)) someone would come and help me out, or the random gifts of high end gear (as far as I could tell it was basically "I don't need this, and don't need the money from selling it, I just killed the npcs that drop it for shits and giggles and to stop CORP from getting it")). KREW also took 10% of contract earnings (why I can't imagine, given that Twerp was apparently one of the most powerful players in the game), whereas BF1 took nothing... Actually, I'm not sure if KREW was just unhelpful, or if BF1 just happened to be excellent...

I suppose I'm mostly intrigued by rifles due to the EMP shotguns, though I also like the generally high damage they sport.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 311