Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477319 times)

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2370 on: February 07, 2010, 12:19:50 pm »

Yesterday I finished grinding my second skill to 8 raw on my alt, working on my third.  The character is nine days old.  The joys of playing at work.

Also, it appears the flame chain has the same issue, Grendus.  It says 5-7 on gear, but you can grind to 8 with it.  The grind caps also seem to really hit firearms harder, relatively.  For melee it's just annoying, for rifles it seems awful.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 08, 2010, 04:48:49 pm »

Due to the recent gin bathtub nerf, DYNE corp store is now stocking some alchol, along with our usual stock of mortilex, 7.62mm ammo, and magspikes. Get it while it lasts, its hootch and canteens full of gin.

EDIT: I can also stock 12mm clips if theres a need for em.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:59:26 pm by Eagle »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 08, 2010, 05:40:56 pm »

So the tub is either gone or limited now. Wow, makes IL a bit weaker/more expensive. Must be in response to molly grinding though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 08, 2010, 07:09:17 pm »

Its actually to nerf Iron liver, farther.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:46 pm »

Iron liver aboms will be pissed  ::)

Anyway, after a wave of other games, I might consider going back to it, at least until wikifirmament gets its RPGey bits.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 08, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »

It's my understanding that they nerf randomly and without warning.  In addition to changing the name of your favourite mutation to something... odd.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 08, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »

They could make everyone in the server lose X mutation everytime they had to change it drasticaly, thus having a free mut slot to decide wether or not to use X mutation. But hey, this is HellMoo. Eh, you could aways reroll anyway, and iron liver was seriously overpowered in some cases, basicaly made people invincible when used right. I guess they're trying to balance it again to match their position on the smoke mutation, which was also overpowered, though not as much as iron liver.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 08, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »

I don't specifically mean to be a nudge, though I don't mind, but how does removing free booze hurt IL? I mean, yeah, its free healing, but whats the difference between chugging free gin, and buying cases of booze and fill jerries up from that? I mean, aside from cost, which is really only a major factor up until you can kill those redneck guys.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 08, 2010, 08:18:28 pm »

I don't specifically mean to be a nudge, though I don't mind, but how does removing free booze hurt IL? I mean, yeah, its free healing, but whats the difference between chugging free gin, and buying cases of booze and fill jerries up from that? I mean, aside from cost, which is really only a major factor up until you can kill those redneck guys.

Well, you can't buy much booze if your char isn't 21. It's a nerf for characters who have difficulty getting their hands on a lot of booze. Which mostly means newer players who can't kill rednecks and those who don't know how to come up with 4 kg of booze every few minutes by getting the schitz and cobalt from the 9-11.

Due to the recent gin bathtub nerf, DYNE corp store is now stocking some alchol, along with our usual stock of mortilex, 7.62mm ammo, and magspikes. Get it while it lasts, its hootch and canteens full of gin.

EDIT: I can also stock 12mm clips if theres a need for em.

I could use a lot of 7.62mm ammo. I have a rusty ak-7 to grind with, though I may buy the ar-17 in the dyne store, love accurate weapons. BTW, you're out of everything but 9mm ammo.

I've gone back to hunting ghosts. With some bling and the slightly more accurate emp shotgun, I can usually take them down with a few blasts. Bling is nice, actually, spent about 15k for 3 cool, plus one from fm gives two more rifle skill. Add in another from smoking, and one more if you're crazy enough to use speed (the debuff from being strung out is nasty as fuck, only use it for boss fights now) and you're looking at +4 skill. That's pretty good. Now I need to find the vault for twitchy nerves, that's another one plus reflexes for dodge.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:31:15 am by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 09, 2010, 01:03:47 am »

It makes getting booze a hassle.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 09, 2010, 11:53:16 pm »

Oh god, the AK-7 is amazing. I've been grinding rednecks for booze and rifle skill, the AK can kill them in two to four hits. Only thing that's tough is the ones with chainsaws, I had one knock off half my health in a single hit. That smarts a bit.

Oh yea, I discovered that rad-q is not a radiation cure. Yea... that hurt.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:58:16 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2381 on: February 11, 2010, 03:48:57 am »

How do you grind focus anymore?  Spew has the long cooldown now, screech doesn't give ip, mend doesn't work when you're fully healed, and I don't have fuck machine yet.

Sigh.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:22 am »

So, I'm considering joining.  Do we have a main corp, and if so are there any spots for fucking lunatics?
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:48 am »

How do you grind focus anymore?  Spew has the long cooldown now, screech doesn't give ip, mend doesn't work when you're fully healed, and I don't have fuck machine yet.

Sigh.

They set things up so you can't just grind, you have to (OMG) play the game to up your skill. Or you could grind exp and have someone teach you.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2384 on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

They set things up so you can't just grind, you have to (OMG) play the game to up your skill. Or you could grind exp and have someone teach you.

Well, considering the crazy amount of xp it would cost to buy that much focus, I'd prefer an alternative.  And personally, I've been grinding so I can get to the part of the game that is actually interesting to play, if you're not on your first character.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 311