Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477336 times)

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2340 on: January 30, 2010, 04:54:36 am »

some other things to point out, though you guys make fine points that should be brought up tomorrow at tomorrow's senate meeting:

1) XP does not give you higher soaks, though experience likely means you have nicer armor
2) Dodge has never been easy to grind and everyone who has high dodge has bought it

the whole "new players"/"old players" dichotomy is pretty false. a lot of the strongest dudes in the game got there relatively quickly, within a month or two.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

dorkface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 30, 2010, 01:09:21 pm »

There are plenty of in-game venues to voice complaints with changes in the game mechanics! *gr is exactly for that sort of thing, and even zotnet to some extent (providing you don't do it all whiny-like). If you've got something you really have a problem with, type up a reasonable argument and bring it to the Senate meeting today. If you're methodical and not a twat about it, you'll be heard out, and probably have a chance for a little back-and-forth about the finer points.

In other news, I'm scaling back the KREW corpstore, if not abandoning it outright, if only because I'm spending most of my online time restocking it. Tell me what kind of stuff you REALLY like, and I'll see if I can't keep a supply of that in stock at least.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 30, 2010, 04:08:36 pm »

just a reminder, complaining on B12 won't help anything. be a bro and bring it up at the Senate, *gr, etc. and things will get fixed. admins can't improve what they don't know needs improvement.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 30, 2010, 10:33:52 pm »

Urgh, had to miss the town council meeting. Can someone give me a rundown of what was discussed? Or has it not happened yet? I've heard references to it, so I assume so, but I never caught the time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:46:08 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 30, 2010, 11:05:57 pm »

just a reminder, complaining on B12 won't help anything. be a bro and bring it up at the Senate, *gr, etc. and things will get fixed. admins can't improve what they don't know needs improvement.
Yeah, they actually mentioned that.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2345 on: January 31, 2010, 12:39:42 am »

Well I quit

Honestly, I'm bored, it's just grind. Thats basically all it is is just grinding forever and ever and ever. I also did some things that were less then nice to my corp at the end because I didn't care so meh. Several months of grind is just way to much of my life to waste before you can have fun. Sorry to my corp mates  :(.

i heard you ragequit because djerk held you up and demanded your cocoon, which you gave him before he killed you, which honestly is hilarious since the only reason someone would ever want your cocoon is to do exactly that.

Rage Quit? Nah. It was pretty stupid to hand over my capsule, but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. More like that happened and then I realized I had just wasted several days worth of sitting around grinding for no noticeable effect. It's one of those moments that made me angry and then I realized I was angry over a few numbers and the abstract idea of an item. It seemed seemed like an enormous waste of time at that point, just took way to long to do anything. This is why I like DF adventure mode, because you can get a good adventurer and explore the world in only a few hours, day at most. Hellmoo you have to sit around killing thousands of crackheads and assorted baddies before being able to do anything. I'm sorry but having to devote hours of grinding a day for months on end is just stupid.

I mean, in all honesty, it makes me feel like I'm utterly wasting my life more then anything else. I could be reading or writing or hell, even talking a walk, but instead all I'm doing is repeatedly typing "K crackhead".  It's too bad too, because the world is interesting and alot of the stuff is really well done. So much wasted potential because in the end it's nothing but grind for the sake of grind. Thats pretty much literally all it is. Grinding simply so you can grind better. And then, if you ever do become a super powerful grind king there's nothing to do besides screw around and amuse yourself.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:09:33 am by piecewise »

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 31, 2010, 01:06:09 am »

Where would I find a powersquirt? Seems like it's the weapon of choice if I want to hunt zombies or ghosts, unless they offer a sawn off emp shotgun somewhere...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 31, 2010, 01:09:13 am »

They do offer EMP shotguns at CSICOP.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 31, 2010, 01:29:40 am »

Urgh, had to miss the town council meeting. Can someone give me a rundown of what was discussed? Or has it not happened yet? I've heard references to it, so I assume so, but I never caught the time.

We enter after fun with chestbursters and such, with everyone dodging flying bowling balls, TVs, and EMP grenades (Which now play havoc with anyone who has a high focus) for about a half hour after trekking (as I did), flying, or blinking. We get into the senate and sit down, as Eazy moves among us, curing Djerk. Everyone gets situated, and the questions roll in. They all pretty much are whining about the effects of EMP on focus users, the weapon grinding cap, and the various other nerfs that have taken place over the past few days, with a few thoughtful questions thrown in. In addition to this, everyone asked about the ocean and whatnot. Most of the answers from the admins were "I dunno." or "We dunno". Everyone shuffles out on the verge of killing each other and file into the portal to get out. Everyone teleports to below the ocean. The aboms or swimmers begin to move up, when all of a sudden a shockwave blasts from the portal, killing almost everyone in the area, courtesy of Berrik and his clusternuke pellet.

That about sums it up.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2349 on: January 31, 2010, 04:36:19 am »

We enter after fun with chestbursters and such, with everyone dodging flying bowling balls, TVs, and EMP grenades (Which now play havoc with anyone who has a high focus) for about a half hour after trekking (as I did), flying, or blinking. We get into the senate and sit down, as Eazy moves among us, curing Djerk. Everyone gets situated, and the questions roll in. They all pretty much are whining about the effects of EMP on focus users, the weapon grinding cap, and the various other nerfs that have taken place over the past few days, with a few thoughtful questions thrown in. In addition to this, everyone asked about the ocean and whatnot. Most of the answers from the admins were "I dunno." or "We dunno". Everyone shuffles out on the verge of killing each other and file into the portal to get out. Everyone teleports to below the ocean. The aboms or swimmers begin to move up, when all of a sudden a shockwave blasts from the portal, killing almost everyone in the area, courtesy of Berrik and his clusternuke pellet.

That about sums it up.
As funny as that is to hear about...man that just sounds annoying to play through. I still don't get the attraction here.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 31, 2010, 08:49:27 am »

They do offer EMP shotguns at CSICOP.

Which I'm fairly sure use rifle skill instead of pistol. I'm fairly sure powersquirts are pistols, thus why I want one.

That about sums it up.

That sounds like hellmoo.

dorkface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 31, 2010, 09:07:37 am »

As funny as that is to hear about...man that just sounds annoying to play through. I still don't get the attraction here.

Oh Piecewise, Hellmoo isn't about grinding crackheads forever, it's a SOCIAL game. The vast majority of the entertainment comes from the interactions with the playerbase combined with the roguelike elements of autonomous forces creating unexpected situations that can be capitalized on with clever thinking.

If all you find yourself wanting to do is grind in order to be able to grind more, then congratulations on being completely and utterly oblivious!

Djerk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:22 am »

Oh Piecewise, Hellmoo isn't about grinding crackheads forever, it's a SOCIAL game. The vast majority of the entertainment comes from the interactions with the playerbase combined with the roguelike elements of autonomous forces creating unexpected situations that can be capitalized on with clever thinking.

If all you find yourself wanting to do is grind in order to be able to grind more, then congratulations on being completely and utterly oblivious!

No, really.  He ragequitted because I waved a gun at him and yelled until he gave me his cocoon, which then allowed me to take all his shit. 

Apparently when he told his corp, they laughed at him and told him he was a dumbass.

So much for the social aspect.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:00 am »

No, really.  He ragequitted because I waved a gun at him and yelled until he gave me his cocoon, which then allowed me to take all his shit. 

Apparently when he told his corp, they laughed at him and told him he was a dumbass.

So much for the social aspect.

How do you define ragequitting? 'Apparently'?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dorkface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 31, 2010, 11:38:38 am »

Howsabout we don't have a little dramabomb here. Well, more like a drama molotov cocktail. Maybe a drama cheap firecracker even. I'm still open to suggestions for essentials to keep stocked in my corpstore, since I'm drastically cutting back the stock! The crafting facilities aren't going anywhere though, don't you worry none.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 311