Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 475980 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4605 on: November 13, 2014, 05:58:58 am »

*NECRO*

I just picked up a box set of the Class of Nuke 'Em High trilogy! :D
Finally, I will understand so many references...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: November 13, 2014, 01:04:12 pm »

Watch Idiocracy, you'll then understand tons of references in both Hellmoo and SS13.
Its basically "If SA/4chan was a movie" the movie

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: December 13, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »

*blows dust off topic*

Yo. Galick/Tiana/Maurine/Failbot/god knows what else here. How are the various incarnations doing? Anything stand out as good? Tempted to dust off the old shiver sword and gut something.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 13, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »

*blows dust off topic*

Yo. Galick/Tiana/Maurine/Failbot/god knows what else here. How are the various incarnations doing? Anything stand out as good? Tempted to dust off the old shiver sword and gut something.
I tooled around on Infernomoo a few months ago. Jumping on, it seems fairly active, though fairly mono corp. It's also the variant with penaltyless rerolls.

Edit: It also has rifter, which is hilarious and awesome.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:27:08 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 23, 2015, 09:38:39 am »

Sooo, I guess every single hellmoo variant is dead except for the original, far more grindy one. Thats unfortunate :C
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 23, 2015, 04:37:43 pm »

Sooo, I guess every single hellmoo variant is dead except for the original, far more grindy one. Thats unfortunate :C
InfernoMOO is still up, however evidently there was a hacking incident.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: February 23, 2015, 06:54:13 pm »

Tried making a character but I didn't get the email with the random password. So I sent a message to their help email as intructed in the login info.

Its too bad, the less grindy and more open pvp variants were always cooler. I'm one of the people who mostly do not apreciate sitting around grinding IP all day till you get to the point you can actualy do some cool stuff.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 23, 2015, 07:15:41 pm »

Tried making a character but I didn't get the email with the random password. So I sent a message to their help email as intructed in the login info.

Its too bad, the less grindy and more open pvp variants were always cooler. I'm one of the people who mostly do not apreciate sitting around grinding IP all day till you get to the point you can actualy do some cool stuff.
Seconded. Actually, I wouldn't mind the grind, if the other variants used the Inferno reroll system. That is the, in my opinion, biggest and best change they made.

Oh, and it would seem that all apartments got wiped in Inferno. A rather bad happening, but everyone got a free clusternuke out of it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: February 24, 2015, 10:12:19 am »

HATE is officially dead now?  I mean, deader than it was before?

And I keep forgetting, was Inferno the one that was comissioned by some goons and then got into a bit of a scandal when some IRC logs were leaked of said goons discussing booting the lead programmer once he was done, because he was wheelchair-bound?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »

HATE is officially dead now?  I mean, deader than it was before?

And I keep forgetting, was Inferno the one that was comissioned by some goons and then got into a bit of a scandal when some IRC logs were leaked of said goons discussing booting the lead programmer once he was done, because he was wheelchair-bound?
how the devil do I play these Moos and NEVER hear of this drama that occurs?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: February 24, 2015, 06:55:22 pm »

I heard secondhand stuff about all the stupid shit that went on in the background, but never paid much attention to it, since it's just human nature plus the type of audience that this type of game brought about.

Add goons to anything like the above and it just gets worse.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:24 am »

Well, see, I hung out with "the blinds", as they were called by most of the community.  They tended to have the dirty down-low regarding the kind of shit that the deaf, blind or handicapped players/whatever were going through.  HellMOO is pretty much the big reason why I kind of have a beef with goons/SA in general, with stuff like the "secret wiki", total ingame overlording and the hysterical prejudice.

...been ages since I checked in with those guys, actually.  Wonder how they're all doing.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:08 am »

I remember the drama with the blinds and etc. Basically hellmoo had a fair number of handicapped people who played it, and while some of them admitelly cared a bit too much about their status in the game, a wave of prejudice against blinds rose up and there was some drama here and there due to it. I never cared much about it and just played along with the griefing and etc, since thats what made hellmoo, eh, fun.

Seriously though, some people really REALLY cared about their status as admins or strong/popular players and the resulting drama caused the downfall of many a hellmoo variant after the original hellmoo became carebear gilmoo. I remember Mada stalked me and even threatened me some times when I found an exploitable bug with airships and told people about it, talking about "its her game" and how I was ruining it by telling people about its problems and etc.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:54:43 am by TempAcc »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 25, 2015, 09:28:17 am »

How do blind people play MUD's?
Braille monitors?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 25, 2015, 09:30:49 am »

Screen readers, most likely.  Some rougelikes like DoomRL have fairly good screen reader support so a MUD isn't too much more of a stretch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 311