Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476188 times)

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4245 on: June 27, 2011, 06:06:01 pm »

There's a dead baby in the bling-shop, if anyone wants it.
.. I never thought I'd say something like that. Huh.

And Stabs threatened to kill me. Being the coward I am, I ran like hell. That's why the question was put forward.

Edit: 'Wants'. Hurr.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:24:29 pm by Dimitri »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: June 27, 2011, 07:07:00 pm »

Yeah, Stabs was there even when I used to play... He seemed to enjoy murdering me especially. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 27, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »

Friended him on steam, he doesn't seem that bad.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 27, 2011, 09:33:23 pm »

I actually made friends with some of the higher level people there... stabs and another guy who showed me the ropes (helping me out to a town in the middle of nowhere, finding I couldn't make it back, then killing me and giving me my stuff back at the main city. Really nice guy.)

Also, is Goku still around?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »

Goku probably is. Presplit he had been banned a couple of times for various exploits.

Stabs IS one of the best people on the MOO. He adds a LOT of flavor to the game.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 28, 2011, 12:17:10 am »

Reference:  even before I went freak, I had no issues killing in FC.  You are NOT safe there.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 28, 2011, 01:57:50 am »

Eh, not good.
I suppose I'm good until I hit 5kxp.

Then it's Bradbury and the best lock I can get, I suppose.

Noob question: Are gym gains limited to 50 IP a day? My brawn is at a piddly 13.50 right now, and considering I'm bashing things with a nail mace, I imagine more would help. Reflexes too.

Also, skill IP limits? I was grinding on dogs last night/this morning (With the 'grind' command), and after a while I got a message and didn't gain anymore.
Am I going to have to be selective and patient about this?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4252 on: June 28, 2011, 02:19:09 am »

Eh, not good.
I suppose I'm good until I hit 5kxp.

Then it's Bradbury and the best lock I can get, I suppose.

Noob question: Are gym gains limited to 50 IP a day? My brawn is at a piddly 13.50 right now, and considering I'm bashing things with a nail mace, I imagine more would help. Reflexes too.

Also, skill IP limits? I was grinding on dogs last night/this morning (With the 'grind' command), and after a while I got a message and didn't gain anymore.
I don't recall the exact skill IP limit, (I think it's 50 an ingame day) but I know gym IP is 50 a week (about a day IRL). So at the least you should go to the gym every day that you log in. As for apartments, I just rerolled a couple days ago (still an n-tag) and I recently bought an apartment, it's way better than the cubes, and nobody seems to bother me. Bradbury is relatively cheap, has a lot of vacancies, and has pretty decent security.

In other news, some dude hit on me today, he asked if I wanted to "go back to his place and have some fun ;)". At first I politely declined, and when he wouldn't stop hounding me I told him I only liked women, to which he responded "You can treat me like a woman ;)". Ugh... If this is what real girls go through all the time, I'm glad I'm not one.
Also, yes, he did end every sentence with a winky face. As if that was going to help.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 28, 2011, 02:20:51 am »

Reference:  even before I went freak, I had no issues killing in FC.  You are NOT safe there.
Yeah, if somebody wants to kill you, FC is a very unsafe place. I even got ganked in the police office. The cops just stood there and watched  :P

Yes, if they didn't change it in the past few months, skill IP are limited to 50 per ingame day and gym IP to 50 per ingame week.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4254 on: June 28, 2011, 02:27:08 am »

I even got ganked in the police office. The cops just stood there and watched  :P
Cop: Hey, are you murdering that guy?
Murderer: Yeah.
Cop: Oh, OK. Go ahead. *Starts munching on popcorn*
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: June 28, 2011, 02:37:10 am »

Okay, good to know. Kinda' hoped I could just keep grinding away, but I imagine there has to be some kind of balance.
I'm trying to get on at odd hours for the time being so I don't get ganked at the gym and have more rabid orphans to slaughter for fun and profit. Tried a crackhead, but I had to run.

And yeah, if it wasn't obvious: Dude playing a chick. I've screwed with people -hard- in games with a few choice methods before, and it's a surprisingly good source of stress relief. Other people raging, that is. :D.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 01, 2011, 03:11:48 am »

Goku probably is. Presplit he had been banned a couple of times for various exploits.

Stabs IS one of the best people on the MOO. He adds a LOT of flavor to the game.
I don't think Gohan or Goku still play. At least I haven't seen them and I asked about them in my corp chat (well, more mentioned. But I seem to remember them saying that Gohan doesn't play anymore, at least).

There will always be a Goku-equivilant in this game though, but its definitely not as bad as before. (You can actually explore without having to talk to corp-mates if GOKU IS IN GANGTOWN OMG!)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 01, 2011, 01:55:30 pm »

I don't think Gohan or Goku still play. At least I haven't seen them and I asked about them in my corp chat (well, more mentioned. But I seem to remember them saying that Gohan doesn't play anymore, at least).

There will always be a Goku-equivilant in this game though, but its definitely not as bad as before. (You can actually explore without having to talk to corp-mates if GOKU IS IN GANGTOWN OMG!)

Gohan is NDY who is Fat_steve and who is currently CARE_BEAR. GOKU is GOD who is also currently BONGHITZ again.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 01, 2011, 02:43:46 pm »

CARE_BEAR scares the shit out of me, but otherwise seems cool. Gave my corps some basic advice, and even a warning regarding someone. Seems he's right about the guy.

In other news, I lost my noob tag, got an apartment, became manager of a corp (Out of necessity.), and seem to be doing pretty well considering I started less than a week ago.
Yay.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 01, 2011, 02:49:16 pm »

CARE_BEAR scares the shit out of me, but otherwise seems cool. Gave my corps some basic advice, and even a warning regarding someone. Seems he's right about the guy.

In other news, I lost my noob tag, got an apartment, became manager of a corp (Out of necessity.), and seem to be doing pretty well considering I started less than a week ago.
Yay.

Hahahah
Buddy, NDY and I literally killed eachother no less than 12 times a day in OldMoo.  Not even kidding or anything.
He got a seek on me, blinked to me, we fought and if I remembered my gas mask I won, but if I didn't he won.   I went through no less than 40k in clone costs per day and at least one pair of flash whips.

I don't even know WHY he went after me above all else...unless I was the only one who was interesting to fight or something like that.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 311