Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476214 times)

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4185 on: May 13, 2011, 08:17:58 am »

Anyone else unable to connect recently?
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: May 14, 2011, 05:48:53 am »

Yes they're having server issues

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:25 am »

lol rollbacks
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:01:54 am by HonkyPunch »
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: May 22, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »

Is there any other game out there like Hellmoo?

Names if you know please.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: May 22, 2011, 01:27:07 pm »

Is there any other game out there like Hellmoo?

Names if you know please.

Sociolotron is "like" hellmoo... in some way... in others its not, but probably comes quite close somehow.
(i skip saying what is similar or if its bad or good... or that you need a creditcard... you just wanted a name.)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: May 22, 2011, 01:29:02 pm »

Okay then, free games please.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: May 22, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »

i kind of doubt there is anything else out there that is similar to hellmoo/sociolotron.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:45:34 pm by Nelia Hawk »

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: June 05, 2011, 02:42:07 pm »

Welp, I've officially quit hell.  Had a great run, but I just wasn't really having fun with it anymore.  If any of you wanna play a different mud or whatever, I'm always up for it.  I'll lurk around and I'm still here to give build advice and the like.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: June 09, 2011, 05:24:09 am »

what.. what happened to the game? I logged in and notice there were only.. 3 playing the game.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: June 09, 2011, 05:29:09 am »

You probably looked at OldMoo.  New server is aftertheend.org port 7777
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: June 10, 2011, 05:17:28 am »

sweet mother of god how do I escape prison.
nobody of great interest

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: June 10, 2011, 05:24:50 am »

sweet mother of god how do I escape prison.
You wait, criminal scum.

manicmoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: June 10, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

I got introduced to HellMOO through this thread a few months ago, I'm Cyd ingame (I help run AIM). If you're looking for a chill corp, let me know.

-Dave (manicmoose/Cyd)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: June 10, 2011, 02:17:40 pm »

Huh, WOMBAT was buggered and decided to drop the ball?  Shame.  Guess that means I just lost everything I own, plus what little cash I had left (cloning charges).

Seeing as I don't exactly have a world of time these days in any case, I can't really imagine a particularly compelling reason to come back to HellMOO now that WOMBAT has scattered to the four winds.  I've been seeing less and less of a point to continue playing the longer I play it.

I can still heartily recommend it to new blood, however.  I'm just a cranky old codger with a few strong opinions.

EDIT:  Did Stabs get his Christmas present, by the way?

I feel the same way about HellMoo right now. I didn't really get it, what happened that caused WOMBAT to scatter? We were doing pretty good the last time I played before it disbanded (Capturing cams, making money, we even had some flying machines, didn't we?)

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:31 pm »

That's REALLY old news at this point, but here's the basic gist.

We were doing very well. Didn't bother with gangland cams, we were making half a million a day committing fraud, five zeppelins were made, and a coalition of us and GRU took down Cerberus. THAT was a fun fight. Between my blinking and Mazui's god mode crafting, we could make anything in the game, and it took very little time. I think we got zeppelin building down to 3 days for a zep at one point. Exosuits and helms were passed out like candy, to the point where some people had multiple specialized suits for specific tasks.

Then hadi quit.

This wouldn't have been too bad, except he sent Charlatan a letter basically saying we abused the hell out of him while he was in WOMBAT. Now, COPS didn't need a reason to pick on us when they could, but they took this hook and ran with it and organized themselves and really cracked down. Our HQ got raided maybe 5 times, each time the raid lasted longer and longer into the wee hours of the morning. It turns out that despite being owned by a corporation, due to how the code works, I was the one who ACTUALLY owned the property, and Corp Clave security doesn't protect freak owned HQs. I ended up rerolling to stop the attacks on the HQ, and stayed in the corp while everyone else split off to either allied corps or a new one Tiana made.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 311