Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476325 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #4065 on: April 15, 2011, 03:57:47 am »

Lol Eagle, that's awesome! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: April 15, 2011, 01:38:39 pm »

So there I am, trying to log to port 7777 of afterthefall.org as per the instruction on the old HellMOO server via the Atlantis client and as soon as I hit enter I get a "connection reset by peer" error and disconnect automatically. Upon taking this matter up with my friendly neighborhood network admin the source of my woes is identified as a blocked attempt at a proxy connection via something called "weepirate.com" which insofar as I can determine has no business performing such activities and has nothing but an adorable image of a baby in a bandana when Googled. Is there some misstep I've taken or is this rather dubious address an actual component of the login process?
... and then it explodes!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: April 15, 2011, 01:43:07 pm »

I logged on via the IP address I provided a couple posts ago. Try that.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: April 15, 2011, 02:03:53 pm »

I logged on via the IP address I provided a couple posts ago. Try that.
Insofar as I can tell, the IP you provided and aftertheefall.org are the same thing, or at leat they behave in the same manner when I attempt a connection.

EDIT: The problem's been solved.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:07:22 am by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: April 16, 2011, 07:19:22 am »

The moon's not too interesting.
I mean you can get sucked out airlocks and explode, or remove your helmet to smoke a blunt in space, or mine some diamonds, but there's not much else to do after an hour.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: April 16, 2011, 12:43:41 pm »

Its sucks that Hellmoo went down.. but hell i am not going to play that new shit before theres a serious reason to do it..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Fujikoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: April 16, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »

I've been having a lot of fun on the moon, just getting a little tired of all the moonbombs going off, especially when I get my stats all juiced up and I finally start winning a fight, and even more so when I know it's one of my corpmates... lmao... Reminds me of some gary's mod video where all these gibbering oddballs grab a helicopter and attempt a barrel roll right off the landing pad or some stuff and blow up and die.

Samech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: April 18, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »

Any word on when HATE starts for real? The moon is kind of boring.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:28 pm »

Hell: After the End is still in development, me thinks, no one really knows when it'll be out, but when it does I expect hellmoo only with more features, like airships that actualy shoot, boat mods, less grindage, etc.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: April 18, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »

Hell: After the End is still in development, me thinks, no one really knows when it'll be out, but when it does I expect hellmoo only with more features, like airships that actualy shoot, boat mods, less grindage, etc.
It is HIGHLY unlikely those two features will be implemented on release. They're taking this time to reimplement xp and such, and tweak grinding levels way down. I don't think there are any major feature additions planned.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: April 18, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

It is HIGHLY unlikely those two features will be implemented on release. They're taking this time to reimplement xp and such, and tweak grinding levels way down. I don't think there are any major feature additions planned.
In terms of less grindage I'm pretty happy to know it's going in that direction, though what I truly want is simply more ways to grind without having to slaughter things.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: April 18, 2011, 02:55:16 pm »

Learning costs were slashed, IP gains were made much faster I believe, and you can grind to 15 now. Likewise, parties are once again semi permanent, the grind command has had more functionality added to it, and other changes/rollbacks. Just log on and @read last:20 on *clp. Lots of good changes.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:09 pm »

I think I'm partially responsible for some of the newer *clp's.  Mainly the skymap ones.  I applied for adminship and stated that I wanted to help expand the skymap and fix the ocean, and badda boom.  Sky map updated.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:31 am »

Well, it looks like it was Aphtonites who added the macero sky square. I suspect that admins currently have far more powers right now, probably full wizard, since the previous bottleneck was the admin who owned the sky hated working on it, and the wizards didn't feel like dealing either. Now that the old wizards are gone, everyone decent probably has much higher access.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: April 19, 2011, 02:59:10 am »

Aphtonites is easily one of the cooler admins, though he does pretty much all the work regarding the islands and everything.  He's the ONLY one working on Macero, though, which sucks.  He's probably been wanting to do that for a while in any case so people will come out there and tell him what Macero would actually NEED.  Though, if he has his way from the idea I told him it'll have some of the level 15 skill teachers and a much bigger variety of stuff in the stores.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 311