Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476578 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3345 on: October 07, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »

As long as you have a decent weapon skill, Boss Hogg shouldn't be too difficult even if you're low level. The problem there is getting chunks of your ass torn out by the other tuskers.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 07, 2010, 06:46:14 pm »

I just quit my clan. Now I want to join a new one. Any recommendations?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 07, 2010, 07:49:22 pm »

There are a lot of B12ers in WOMBAT.  What did you leave?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 07, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »

Were you in Panic?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 08, 2010, 12:45:53 am »

In case anyone's wonder, no, I haven't been on for a few days. Exam coming up. I'll put my dreams of Cessna-ing all the way across the sky on hold for now.

(so intense)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 08, 2010, 01:22:10 am »

Remember, a good way to get someone out of a fight they can't win or escape from (and against something you can't kill either, or at least not fast enough to save them), is to grab them and shove them to an exit. I did this twice to superdude, who was aggroed by a poltergeist (which I couldn't kill since I didn't have anything that dealt elemental damage). Twice because he was apparently queueing up moves in the opposite direction I shoved him to, and so wound up right back in the square, where the poltergeist aggroed him again. So I had to do it again. :-\

Also a valid tactic against an opponent you can't beat, but can grab, since it breaks aggro.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 08, 2010, 08:09:59 am »

Tip: If you're fishing with crank, don't fish at north beach, because you'll never get a bite.  I tried moving to shoreline, and actually started getting bites.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 08, 2010, 09:01:51 am »

Uh, Repulsion, I pinched you, but it looks like you had some completely random place as your home rather than the Crash Landing.

Long story short, you wandered off somewhere, whilst dozing. Seems to have been somewhere in Slagtown.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 08, 2010, 10:15:06 am »

Tip: If you're fishing with crank, don't fish at north beach, because you'll never get a bite.  I tried moving to shoreline, and actually started getting bites.
Junkiefish are river fish.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:15 am »

Get a carbon fishing pole, and 'scan <direction> with pole' to get an idea of how many fish are in that particular square. The type of fish also varies with different areas. In crater forest, you can get toxic slugs, and in botany there are atlantic mackerel and haddock. Shoreline doesn't have too many interesting fish exclusive to itself.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 08, 2010, 10:34:09 am »

Shoreline is technically designated as river rather than ocean, so.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:02 am »

When all I have is crank for bait, junkiefish are what I'm after.  I have 6 full rocks of it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 08, 2010, 10:50:57 am »

Shoreline has junkie and bulletfish, at 500 and 1000ish a pop. Also, the river status continues in its path under FC, and those are much less fished. I can't find that lovely list of fishing spots and fish that was on the drs wiki.

Also, Toaster, buy some .22 speedclips from the ammunation autovend and try for some bullets as well if junkies aren't biting.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:08 am »

My fishing's too awful (6 I think) to catch anything, so I'm using free bait until I stop sucking at it.  I'll keep that in mind about the lower river spots.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 08, 2010, 11:00:11 am »

:| I can't connect no matter what I do. Is the server down?
Yeah yeah yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 311