Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476695 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3135 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:45 pm »

Haha, lost your penis did ya?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: September 27, 2010, 09:46:43 pm »

started playing this game... dont know what else to do except beat on orphans, maybe grief some brand new characters...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: September 27, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »

Isnt Frog the owner of WOMBAT?  Oh and someone tell Frog to stop giving out fucking massages! Last time he broke all my arms/legs! >:(

Yeah, Frog's the founder and lord of WOMBAT.  And the breakages are precisely why Frog keeps up with the massages.  He's actually getting close to the point where he can't do quite as much damage, and we're all mourning the loss.

It's just simply too entertaining sitting around and having him brutalize people to as him to stop.  And since I'm a medic, can't exactly say that I mind getting the extra opportunities to exercise my craft...

Actually, speaking of that, I'm wondering if I should even bother with crafting and medic.  We've already got a few people that are far beyond me in both areas.  As such, I think I'm gonna focus on chemistry (and eventually science) to try and round things out on a larger scale.

That is, of course, if I don't just give up trying to be a support character and make myself into a dwarf.

According to dinaxio, I am a horrible person.  When I asked him why I was a horrible person, he headbutted me, knocked me out, and then told me when I woke up that he could have killed me but didn't.  Apparently, that was supposed to explain matters  He also told me that he hates me, then flipped me the bird.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: September 27, 2010, 10:30:48 pm »

Spotted Lichen, where is it?

I've died like 10 times searching places I thought might have it...

EDIT: Found it on crater rim...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:08:38 pm by devek »
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21:23 am »

Ghosts are deadly. They do a lot of Rad damage now, so I'd stay away without a chemsuit or something similar.

Kagus: Lockpicking. We could use a picker. Same with either piloting and hacking. Heck, if you REALLY want to help the corp, get hacking, and take over cams. Thats what I'm gonna try.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:48 am »

I'll see what I can do about picking then, although there are a number of very nice things that can be made via Chemistry (trauma kits, brain surgery kits, viromycin, mortilex, berserker hypos, booze etc.).

As for hacking, however, I really just don't see the point.  Hacking the cameras in Gangland?  Are you mad?  You'll get blown to smithereens by the COPS defensive mechanisms.  I saw a push by KING a few days ago that left an area of Gangland under their surveillance, and the next time I logged on they were all right back under the digital fist.

And in any case, if you're going to be doing it then I'd just be butting in on your territory.  That's kinda why I'm shying away from crafting and medic, both things I enjoy doing very much.

And wasn't someone else going to fill in the role of pilot?

Ghost damage is noted.  Is rad damage standard damage with a radioactive tag, or does it just flood you with radiation?  Because if it's just rads, then I can detox myself fairly easily.  But, still, not to be taken lightly...  Especially for someone in my position of fragility.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: September 28, 2010, 01:10:48 am »

It does a bit of both I believe. Very nasty.

Heres the deal. Back when gangland was half its size, I could make 30k a day with half the cams. It is VERY worth it, and earns massive amounts of cash.

Also, medic. We don't need just one medic. Anyone who has good brain should have at least a 3 raw in medic, since we always need them.

As for pilot, I was gonna give it a shot. Figure I have better stats then any of the pure crafters for it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: September 28, 2010, 05:06:19 am »

Fuck, it would appear hbarn is dissolving. Most of the higher level players joined HIVE, and some midrange ones left with Stabs to form STABS. I'm assuming they also looted the HQ when they left, in addition to taking almost a million from the corporate funds... Not that either of those particularly effects me, considering that I didn't have anything in the HQ (though I did get my armor from the wardrobes filled with armor they had stolen), and I didn't benefit from the corporate funds. The main problem is no longer being in a corp with fairly helpful late game players who could give advice on my build... It kind of kills my already waning desire to keep playing...

Edit: yep, the HQ was stripped bare of anything that wasn't bolted down, and the few things that were (workbenches) got emptied of all their contents. There's only junk lying around now. D:

I suppose I'm in the market for a new corp.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:21:46 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:08 am »

Join us. We always welcome new people.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:20 am »

We have panache!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:29 am »

He's Hellkor, isn't he?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: September 28, 2010, 07:57:51 am »

I'll be sure to get medic up.  My two highest stats are brain and reflexes- I guess that means I should work on locksmith.  (And by extension, hack.)  I'll get myself in the slammer one of these days.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: September 28, 2010, 10:14:06 am »

Well, I joined wombat, and brought some schems that got left in the ashes of the hbarn hq. Not much, but it's still a nice gift for any crafters.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

plisken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:28 am »

Vamp seems like a good mut, but playing around with the disease has made me think twice. It's a pain in the ass to get around with. It's not just not being able to travel in daylight, but the vamp hunters are annoying as gently caress.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:10 am »

The actual vamp mutation has a few differences to the disease though, namely the sun damage is halved n stuff.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 311