Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476778 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3030 on: September 25, 2010, 03:50:57 am »

Well, thanks to Beorn and MagmaDeath, I am now positively flooded with crafting supplies.  I can't do anything with half of them, but by golly I've got them.

Still don't have enough to make a distillery though.  Actuated valves are elusive little bastards...  And don't get me started on the mugs.  This thing had darn well better perform when it's finished...

In the meantime, if you see me, I'm probably going to be carrying around at least some sort of food.  I've got a cooking stove in my apartment, courtesy of MagmaDeath, and I've been shoving all sorts of interesting ingredients in there.  I wound up with some curry-flavored wheat malt which disintegrated a little while ago...

If my sugar supply rots, I'm going to have to be miffed.  Simply because it makes absolutely no sense.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: September 25, 2010, 04:57:32 am »

Why don't you store food in a refrigerator?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:25 am »

We're working on getting him one.

Its distressing the power of certain things. I was wandering the crackhouse, using my powersquirt on crackheads, spraying groups of em, trying to grind out pistols, when I get a message from Jack asking me to be in a movie. While chatting, I'm idling spraying a group of crackheads. Unbeknownst to me, a fairly average player is also in the room, and I manage to kill him without even noticing him, due to my chat with Jack. Completely unintentional, but rather gratifying in a way.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: September 25, 2010, 06:04:54 am »

Refrigerators are $6K, that's basically nothing for an essentially permanent object that you need.

Also, pistols can spray too? I thought that was a rifle-only thing. Gotta love the "free attack on everything in the room" part, though I believe each shot uses twice as much ammo...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: September 25, 2010, 06:07:54 am »

Squirtpistol is pretty much a water pistol but dangerous.

Also, Out of curiosity I logged in to see the state of affairs.
I'm in Cube Hotel with $789, and from what I can tell all of my gear is with me.
I appear to be corpless, whether I was fired or they dissolved I know not.
anyway i'm totally gonna do this again so in as MrGeoffrey.

Corps etc?
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: September 25, 2010, 06:10:56 am »

Well, yeah, its 6k, but I've been grinding pistols and now rifles, and that aint cheap.

Personally, I'd rather splurge and get him a freezer room and yeti fur. Crafting buffs are nice.

Apple:  Your welcome in my corp. Give me a buzz in game. Beortrix. I can hook you up with a weapon too if you want.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: September 25, 2010, 06:18:05 am »

That'd be cool, I'll shoot you a mail.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:45 am »

What do you grind craft on once you hit raw 4?

Also, how exactly do I get a miner's helmet? Obviously from a miner.. but lol, how do I get to one?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: September 25, 2010, 08:03:41 am »

I remember hearing tell of mines in the mountains. Go there.

Fritz

• Bay Watcher
  • Hallo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: September 25, 2010, 08:24:34 am »

In the long run, rifles are not too good unless firing speed isn't an issue! They are among the slowest weapons to attack with (barring the American 180, I think).

Powersquirts are pretty good to train with, since they are fast. They have a grinding range of 1-3 Raw.
9mm Beretta's are the next in line for pistol training.  They have a grinding range of 2-4 Raw.
.357 revolver's (and I recall Snubnosed revolvers) are pretty good for 5-6 Raw grinding.
Once you reach 6 raw in pistols, Hammerheads are the way to go.

The maximum raw grinding total is 6. So from there, you will need to pay directly from XP. Weapon skills are among the most expensive, so be sure you stick with something, as you'll be spending a lot of XP in it!
While beneath the rest, I will best them with zest!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: September 25, 2010, 08:26:29 am »

I thought that paying XP was preferable to grinding. Even though I've been informed that it's not as efficient, I still hold that it is because grinding is balls and I hate it.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:48 am »

I thought that paying XP was preferable to grinding. Even though I've been informed that it's not as efficient, I still hold that it is because grinding is balls and I hate it.

Well, if you grind your blades to 6, assuming you haven't paid for anything else yet, you can instantly purchase your way to 8 and start swinging some advanced swords.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:23 am »

I'm going for rifles so I can use the shotguns. Not gonna get super high, but the theory of a gun that can parry intrigues me. I'll probably end up either blades or pistols though.

Fritz

• Bay Watcher
  • Hallo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:50 am »

I am all for the profit. So I normally grind until I hit 6, since I see it as a task that needs to be completed~

You will save a bit in XP if you grind it. The spending of XP for things early isn't toooooo much of a problem for a pure combat character. But if you're a brainy person, every drop of XP is sacred, since we spend a lot on skills that would be considered useless to pure combatants (skills like science and craft).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:34:32 am by Fritz »
While beneath the rest, I will best them with zest!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: September 25, 2010, 08:34:15 am »

Don't knock science. Its not a great weapon, but a proton pack loaded with ectoblast is a heck of a weapon. Especially if your in a group doing something that needs brains, and you want to help support, or covering doorways. Getting a face full of rad and waste damage as you walk in on someone is a pain, even for aboms.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 311