Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476789 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3000 on: September 24, 2010, 08:56:15 am »

God damn it, I've gotten back into this. Name's Ascot this time, because I am fashionable.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 24, 2010, 09:05:37 am »

And do you, then, have an Ascot?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 24, 2010, 09:07:40 am »

Question about stats...

You have a limit on the amount you can use a gym, you can't get all your stats to 18 that way.

Are there ways to raise other stats?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: September 24, 2010, 09:19:41 am »

If memory serves... No, you can only gain from GYM IP unlike before where you could gain from doing stuff

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 24, 2010, 09:31:48 am »

Yeah, used to be certain activities had a chance to give an IP. Thus you would see naked men carrying three tvs doing laps in FC to build brawn, while people sat in squares between soda machines to build senses from hearing them.

Don't forget drugs though. Cigs give a short +2 to cool when smoked, and other drugs have other features.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: September 24, 2010, 09:45:40 am »

Ok, so straight to the gym it is. 

Wasn't sure if I needed to spend those points wisely.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 24, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »

I might pop on tomorrow. I've been thinking whether or not it'd be worth re-rolling, and as far as I can remember there shouldn't be any reason. I'll be in the Cube Hotel probably since I've been gone a month or two, and when I left I only had 5k, so...
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 24, 2010, 03:45:36 pm »

I might pop on tomorrow. I've been thinking whether or not it'd be worth re-rolling, and as far as I can remember there shouldn't be any reason. I'll be in the Cube Hotel probably since I've been gone a month or two, and when I left I only had 5k, so...

Someone was talking about how an in-game month is about a week in the real world.  So unless you had a fairly expensive apartment, you're probably still in there.

I wonder what happens if you get Empath and Ripper...  I doubt massaging would be particularly pleasant for the victim.

I keep thinking about rerolling for some special theme-type character, but I know that it's probably best if I just stick with the dude I have now since I've already put this much into him.  And brainers are always handy to have around...  Right?

I think the distillery will probably be the defining part.  I've already gathered so many of the ingredients that I shudder to think of just trashing the project.  But if it turns out to be a major pain to actually distill something with it, then there's no telling WHAT might happen.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:26 pm »

I should have clarified, I've been gone a few irl months.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 24, 2010, 04:03:20 pm »

I should have clarified, I've been gone a few irl months.

No, I'd gathered as much.  Rent is charged each in-game month, and each in-game month is about a week in real life.  If you lived at the Bradbury, which charges $200 per game month, and we round off real-world months to being about four weeks, then you'd be out $1600 at the end of a couple real months.

So, as stated, unless you were bunking at a particularly expensive apartment complex in the game, $5000 would be able to carry you through at least a few outside-world months.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 24, 2010, 04:07:52 pm »

oh right.
I always over-estimate these things.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 24, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

Last night I was in The Wide Stance with Stabs, Frogs, and Celanos and stabs bites my penis of starts choking on it when frogs does the heimhlic and then i throw a penis at Stabs and i get killed.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 24, 2010, 05:02:28 pm »

So it is possible to fix choking...  I was wondering about that.  I tried all sorts of stuff on myself before but nothing worked.

I could burp, cough and vomit but I couldn't clear the blockage.  Farting also helped not at all, nor did rolling around on the ground or waggling my eyebrows.  And typing in "heimlich" didn't do much for me either.  Apparently I can't punch myself in the stomach.

It was then that I learned the dangers of over-the-counter penis enlargement pills.  Twice.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 24, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

Whee! Flame chains are awesome! :D I installed a flame mod on it and now it shows up as "flame flame chain" in my inventory.
Where does one find black cocoons, by the way?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 24, 2010, 05:38:05 pm »

Whee! Flame chains are awesome! :D I installed a flame mod on it and now it shows up as "flame flame chain" in my inventory.
Where does one find black cocoons, by the way?
Pretty sure they are craft only.
I have one though
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 311