Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476935 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2985 on: September 23, 2010, 06:49:48 pm »

So they changed it so that you only get x2 when you have blackjack.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: September 23, 2010, 07:32:06 pm »

So they changed it so that you only get x2 when you have blackjack.

That makes absolutely no sense.  For anything.  What?  Why would they do that?  And where did you hear it?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: September 23, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »

Must have done that some time ago, last i played(and tried to make some cash at BJ) it was x2.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:37 pm »

What?  I played it just a couple hours ago and it still paid x2.5 on blackjack.  I'm so confused...

Oh, yeah, and I just figured out the rest of the dwarven way...   High Brawn and Reflexes for clubbing stuff (axes, hammers and picks), plus high Senses for Scavenging, Crafting and Throwing.  Mutations include Iron Liver for our true dwarvenly way of boozing it up, High Density because High Density, Hyperimmune for the endurance boost and because it's quite useful and makes nanites completely useless which is fine with Iron Liver, and Chud.

Why Chud?  Because being a Chud means you are a true dwarf.  You hate sunlight, you see perfectly in the dark, and you're constantly covered in seven different types of goo.

Does anyone know how much damage Carrie-burning does?  I've been wondering about exactly how powerful a Merlin-type character might wind up being.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:12 pm »

Iron Liver has been nerfed to much to take away nanites. I don't think we should take hyperimmune. As dwarves that is.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »

Depends on your focus. Ghost_Dad and Milton had insane focus and would fuck you up with one carrie. It has a chance of giving mental illnesses now which would probably not be very fun at all.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:07 pm »

The mental illnesses thing is mitigated by Solar Sponge, apparently. Least according to the wiki.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: September 23, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »

I wonder what all Chill is capable of doing...  If it can actually hurt people, or if it's just there to keep fruit fresh.

If it chills the whole room down, it could be fairly interesting when coupled with the Brain/Brawn increase of Yeti Fur.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: September 23, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »

It can be a nasty debuff, depending on your focus roll. I'll bet an elf wizard could murder someone just with freeze.

I want to fight someone with Carrie, just to see how quick I heal when on fire. I was healing 3 when hot in the desert.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:09 pm »

What?  I played it just a couple hours ago and it still paid x2.5 on blackjack.  I'm so confused...

Oh, yeah, and I just figured out the rest of the dwarven way...   High Brawn and Reflexes for clubbing stuff (axes, hammers and picks), plus high Senses for Scavenging, Crafting and Throwing.  Mutations include Iron Liver for our true dwarvenly way of boozing it up, High Density because High Density, Hyperimmune for the endurance boost and because it's quite useful and makes nanites completely useless which is fine with Iron Liver, and Chud.

Why Chud?  Because being a Chud means you are a true dwarf.  You hate sunlight, you see perfectly in the dark, and you're constantly covered in seven different types of goo.

Does anyone know how much damage Carrie-burning does?  I've been wondering about exactly how powerful a Merlin-type character might wind up being.
I posted that right after I got blackjack on a 2k bet and only got 4k payout. I remember it being 5x a few days ago.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:23 pm »

I just bet $5,000, lost it on a push.
Bet another $5,000, win with 19. Jack had 18
Got $20,000 in winnings.

No clue why I earned 3x as much as I bet. Oh well, cessna ultralight here i come!
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 23, 2010, 09:16:18 pm »

Alright, some clearing up...

"Blackjack" is when you get natural 21.  If you have 5 then 6 then 10, you have 21.  Not blackjack (ignore what the game tells you).

The game is, however, a little stupid at times.  This happened to me.  If you bet $5000 and the hand turns into a push, that $5000 stays on the table.  If you lay down another $5000, the game now treats your bet as $10000 instead of $5000.  So if you get natural 21 in that situation, the dealer will pay you 2.5 on that $10000, which means $25000, which is five times $5000.

Blackjack in the real world pays x2.5 on natural 21.  And all the times I've encountered it ingame, it does the same thing.  A regular 21 will just win normally, which means x2 returns.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2997 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:06 pm »

I have rerolled, hopefully I'll have more luck this time.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: September 24, 2010, 04:05:47 am »

A night out at Heaven resulted in a bowling match of kings, my first ever experience with Go, and the draining of my cash accounts via excessive drinking.

I was also shot down by a terrorist, nearly had my gear mulched, and powered through the whole experience with nothing but a little dent in my scratch and skills to show for it.

Good times, good times...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:35 am »

I have a crazy idea for shenanigans. If you want to know, send me a mail ingame.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 311