Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476948 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2955 on: September 23, 2010, 04:12:23 am »

I have had a poor day in hell.

First, I blew a ton of money to try to hunt ghosts, and failed miserably. Dieing several times.

Then, I took a break, came back, and got murdered by JustinBieber. Lost everything.

Now, I'm wanted by the police. Got me a snazzy jacket though from the firehouse.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 23, 2010, 05:54:20 am »

I'm not playing it. I'm not.
ahh someone give me something to do so I don't get back into this.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 23, 2010, 08:40:15 am »

Whelp, I made a good comeback thanks to Jack and Randall, then I got lost in weezer and got eet by a half dozen mutants. Didn't realize they changed weezer up. Bleh. Oh well. Nothing irreplacable.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: September 23, 2010, 08:49:59 am »

What'd they do to Weezer? I made it there once after not being able to climb back up the freeway (getting the Bloodhound mutation) and it didn't seem too bad aside from the crippling cold.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: September 23, 2010, 08:51:48 am »

There is a toughish climb between the dam and the town now. Used to be all one piece and an easy walk along the dam. Mostly though its me not knowing the area and getting killed.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 23, 2010, 11:29:14 am »

There is a toughish climb between the dam and the town now. Used to be all one piece and an easy walk along the dam. Mostly though its me not knowing the area and getting killed.
Well, you can jump off the dam into the river, going in. And go via the freeway out.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2961 on: September 23, 2010, 11:36:59 am »

Anybody see the Chatnet argument I got into? It was actually kind of fun, except for the fact that a few other people may have lost what little respect they had for me.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:45 pm »

Goddamn Jack...  What was it that made me win so much the first three times I went in there?  Huh?

It'd probably be possible to write a card-counting program, if you can get it to read the client...

Anyways, now I'm pretty much even with Jack, maybe a little on the down side.  Of course, with recent expenses, this means I've only got $4,000 in my pocket at the moment. 

Oh, and I checked...  Yes, a parrot does indeed cost about three times as much as a Girl-In-A-Box.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 23, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »

Are bombs even that useful?  Something said they don't give XP for killing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 23, 2010, 12:47:15 pm »

You use them to soften up mobs/players. Or to make clusternuke pellets to kill people
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:54 pm »

Goddamn Jack...  What was it that made me win so much the first three times I went in there?  Huh?

It'd probably be possible to write a card-counting program, if you can get it to read the client...

Luck and no, they do not use the 52 card deck because people that knew how to play could win too much.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 23, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »

He has an unspecified deck, which he randomly shuffles throughout play.
And you can attack things with bombs, but you still have to use a main weapon to agro them, and be in the same room.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 23, 2010, 01:19:55 pm »

How are they for an initial skill choice?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »

Uhh...  What?  What are you talking about?  The deck's right there on the table.  You can look at it during play to see how many cards have been discarded.  Just type "look deck" when you're in the blackjack room.  Can't miss it, it's the one with all the dog-ears.

And so far as I can tell, he doesn't reuse the dumped cards without shuffling first.  Three jacks showed up in the first couple hands, and I didn't see another jack until after 21Jack had shuffled the cards again.  I was watching the dumped cards one time, and he shuffles every time the deck is used up.  He also shuffles when the game is over.

Just because he's using a standard deck doesn't mean he ain't stacking the damn thing though.

How are they for an initial skill choice?

I wouldn't recommend it.  Just grind the skill to where you need it with firecrackers, it's not going to be your primary mode of combat due to the difficulty and expense of use.  Great for parties, but it's not bread-and-butter stuff.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:52 pm »

Ok, thanks.  I'll probably get lockpicking for money, scavenge for parts, or repair for utility, then.

Is science worthwhile?  It looked like it's a high level skill.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 311