Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477084 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2835 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:51 pm »

I was sitting in AP one time when Notdeadyet came in for lunch.  He sat down at the bar and started downing various items from his inventory...  Swallowing a block of ice is no mean feat, not to mention the various mechanical items he gulped.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 19, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

Better advice regarding grinding craft in prison: stow your gear somewhere, throw a can of soda at an npc, then walk over to panopticon and walk through the door. Do this when you have maybe four hours left in the day, so you can grind a full raw on the machine, and carry out as many license plates as you can carry, then stuff them in a bag and leave it in your apartment. Then you'll have a nice supply of license plates to grind more craft on, and hopefully a nice stack of lockpicks to grind locksmith with.

Also, the 1337 speak appears at four or five cool. I keep maximum horny at all times for the brawn buffs, so I'm sitting at 6 brains and cool constantly, and I can speak normally until I get stressed.

I seem to recall my pre-wipe corporation using its corpclave hq as a trap, which it filled with mines, while the privileged elite got to use a yacht as a base of operations or something.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 20, 2010, 01:34:06 am »

Well, I made my second incursion into Zotnet.  Some interesting results.

A couple people poked their heads up when I mentioned chatting with someone, then someone else told me to take 957 on *gr with a grain of salt (I had to have this explained to me, I didn't know what that phrase meant.  As it turns out, 957 on *gr was a message pertaining to the Iron Liver mutation and had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about).

Then more people showed up, my pager beeped as people offered to help me out, and a mini-tiff erupted on Zotnet where people where hopping up to say that they could help, and then having someone else shout that that I shouldn't listen to them because they're ignorant.  Then I got a page telling me not to trust anyone.

Code: [Select]
[zotnet] Kyrgyz says, "Now now boys, don't fight..."
[zotnet] Gabriel says, "who are you to judge"
[zotnet] Gabriel says, "you don't even know what *gr is"
[zotnet] Kyrgyz asks, "Ah, yes, well, now I know don't I?  See how efficient this place is?"

Ended up having a little conversation with Broseidon as to the merits of zeppelin headquarters versus the more traditional route.  Seemed like quite a nice chap, and we both ended up getting called away before I completely ran out of stuff to discuss.  He feels that it's an awesome idea, something he himself would enjoy doing, but that it's an extremely high risk.

Well, looks like I survived my second contact with admins...  Whoo, guess I didn't use up all my luck at the blackjack tables.

I've been looking over apartment listings again, even though I still don't know what it is exactly I intend to do with one if I had one.  Bradbury, Helliday and the Palms are all booked solid.  Astral and Broham are open, but I'm a little bit concerned about bunking in a blatantly COPS-controlled area (even though all of FC is apparently Goontown.  I heard an NPC mention that the head of COPS is currently serving as mayor), so that basically just leaves Innsmouth if I'm planning for something local.  Beyond that, it's either the absurd Lurleen or getting the Necropolis mut and getting my freak on in the tunnels (if they're not also packed to the gills already).

Again, I still don't really need an apartment unless I somehow wind up getting loads of stuff I absolutely have to stockpile...

Speaking of which, that just reminded me of something...  The meth lab warehouse!  I can grind chemistry!  That should be fun, right?

Well, we'll just see what happens here eh?  All sorts of awesome mayhem can be achieved.  Heck, I've even been thinking about getting into explosives.  Now how's that for crazy?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 20, 2010, 01:38:40 am »

I'm honestly debating coming back and joining up with you.

Well, if you went Chud, there are some Chud apts deep in the sewer, but that doesn't help ya. I'm pretty sure you can rent a room in that pirate ship though, but its horrifically expensive to start out, and not that great month to month either.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 20, 2010, 01:58:23 am »

COPS seems to be some combination of the old DRS and the new DRS (old being a terrifying griefercorp, new being what was left when the griefers left and made CORP, if I follow the timeline correctly (I wasn't playing when this happened, I just remember DRS being infamous before/when I first started, and being rather friendly and helpful when I started playing for the second time, after about a two month hiatus (one of them cured my zombie rot, and another returned the stuff I had on me when my plane crashed in gangland))), though I haven't seen or heard of them really griefing anyone while I've been playing, so they may be more new than old. The main griefers now seem to be GOKU and Notdeadyet, with a few other less infamous individuals spread out between the corps.

Innsmouth is probably your best bet, if there are still vacancies in it. Otherwise go with AC, and just save up to buy an informer and a good lock (remember to put a lock on both sides of the door, to fuck with anyone who gets in and tries to make a fast getaway. Actually, do that anyways. Using remote mines in combination with an informer/stickycam could be a decent tactic too...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 20, 2010, 08:50:14 am »

I'm honestly debating coming back and joining up with you.

Well, if you went Chud, there are some Chud apts deep in the sewer, but that doesn't help ya. I'm pretty sure you can rent a room in that pirate ship though, but its horrifically expensive to start out, and not that great month to month either.
Well, unless another chud gave one up, I think they are full. I have the last one.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 20, 2010, 11:09:52 am »

Hmph. Having a sucky game lately; apparently FLEX has me targetted for other people in my corp fucking with them. Just going to have to stay off until my corp heads are off or make a new character, because its not a fun day to log in and get slaughtered a minute after (losing your pack, once more, as well as a DNI and a night vision implant).

Or, there's always the 'find another corp' option.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 20, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »

Well, grinding chemistry is proving to be somewhat more difficult than I first might have hoped, due mainly to the scarcity of all the ridiculous mumbo-jumbo I need to collect in order to do anything.  Ephedra leaves?  Poppy seeds?  Piss off.

I also can't make molotovs, due to not being able to safely head out to the moonshiners in crater rim and get some booze.  I'm not certain if I can make loincloths from orphan skins, but I'd be surprised if I couldn't.

So, while I attempt to find all the makings for my own backyard still, I've decided to try and grind the one thing that has readily available materials...  Mortilex.

All I need are used syringes (frikkin' everywhere) and zombie brains (also everywhere, but they don't like being picked up as much).  ...and also a recipe for making Mortilex, which I don't currently have.  And Grumbard-Sanders didn't have a copy in stock last time I checked.

So this should be interesting...  We'll see what all comes of it.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:27 pm »

Ephedra leaves you can get from the various ephedra bushes in the shoreline, poppy seeds from some poppy bush. I remember there being one in tree of life but that's quite a trek. You will sometimes get chemistry IP from cooking in stuff like black pills into your steaks and whatnot, but that's not too reliable. Gangland is also not exclusively COPS controlled - you just see our cameras everywhere because of prolific hacking. Periodically other hackers take them back.

[ COPS ]: Stank says, "From your wristpad: Conot pages, 'I'm tired of COPS hackers thinking they own gangland'"
row row fight da powa

If anyone is still in ENEMA i will show up as Uncle 76Moogle on your corpchat and I can help with any questions you may have, or just send a page to moogle/76moogle.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:23 pm »

Molotovs used to be incredibly easy and INCREDIBLY lucrative xp wise. 40 xp for shirt and booze, and the booze was free. Just pay a friend to buy you a case or two of booze.

Incidentally, I think I'm coming back. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should do?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:31 pm »

Well, shit.  Some chap named 'dinaxio' just jumped me while I was, ah...  While I was preparing someone for an aborted pregnancy, by getting them pregnant (gack those fleshblobs are disgusting...).

A minute or so later I had been brutally shattered by a fire axe.  Returning to the scene of the crime, I found nothing.  The fellow had dragged my corpse off to some location so I couldn't get any of my stuff back.

Damn it, I knew I should have put Scrub's card in a safe deposit box!  Now it's lost forever...

And not a day before some fellow had instructed both me and another neophyte to always carry a cocoon with us, just in case.  Well, I had to get murdered at some point...  After all, this is HellMOO, right?  That's what it's all about.  Getting headbutted by some loonie when your pants are down.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 20, 2010, 05:25:36 pm »

He probably just did "get all from (you)" then butchered you. Or just butchered you.

Incidentally, how long has AP closed down for? Used to be a 24/7 safe haven.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44:39 pm »

Well, hooray. I got an apology and my stuff back.
It apparently is OK to post a link to a public wiki on zotnet, though I wouldn't advise it.

AP closes from around 3:00AM to 10 or 11:00 AM, though it is possible to avoid getting kicked out.
And if care dog is mad at you, he wont step in to stop people from killing you. So keep yourself on his good side.

Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 20, 2010, 05:49:16 pm »

And not a day before some fellow had instructed both me and another neophyte to always carry a cocoon with us, just in case.  Well, I had to get murdered at some point...  After all, this is HellMOO, right?  That's what it's all about.  Getting headbutted by some loonie when your pants are down.
Ironically, I believe it was dinaxio who instructed me to always carry a cocoon, which was probably the same incident you're referring to. Should have listened to him.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:04 pm »

AP closes down each night now.  There's a little trick where you can hide out in a toilet stall and wait for Care Dog to go to bed, then you can come back up to the bar and have free range of the drinks.

Strangely enough, he keeps hot coffee in the fridge.

Since I've lost everything anyways, I figured now was as good a time as any to get caught and go to jail.  Currently on the inside, adding to the ridiculous amount of plates sitting there.  Soon, I shall turn them into lockpicks and grind lockpicking as well!  Hurray for ceaseless grinding!

Well, at least it's something to do.  Heh, I wonder...  Do visitors get to go into the same area as prisoners?  If everyone who gets inside Panopticon has to be stripped down, that could lend itself to a fairly decent degree of protection in extreme cases.  So long as your hunters aren't really good at fisticuffs or blades...

Soon as I'm out of here, I'm gonna grind bombs while looking around for still pieces.  Once the still is up, it's molotov time.   Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 311