Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477109 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2820 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:52 am »

You can improvise the shivs so no need for a diagram.
And rather than striping the few horny citizens you slaughter orphans for skin & shirts. use the shirts to improvise bandages and the skins for leather armor.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 19, 2010, 03:28:23 pm »

poor dead gay daube

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »

I now see why COPS has such an advantage.
http://www.digital-signal.net/drs//index.php?title=Main_Page
Wow.
The wiki does exist.
If only the normal wiki was this good.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 19, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »

The apt listing is quite useful, but other than that it's not lightyears beyond the normal wiki.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 19, 2010, 05:56:46 pm »

The entire wiki is cordoned off for registered users only, and I'm not about to make an account just for that purpose...  Although, really, whatever valid information is there should be made available to the public.  I don't like monopolies.

I got it into my head recently that I'd like to ride around a bit, but then I found out that a roomba would in fact set me back more than I'm currently worth.  And I don't know if the damn things work without an apartment.

Are there any other applications of the Ride skill aside from skateboards, motorcycles and roombas?  Any cars, trucks, sheep, or stuff like that?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 19, 2010, 06:19:40 pm »

I was horribly abused for showing people an old version of the COPS wiki.

When the COPS wiki was being advertised on zotnet, for $10
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: September 19, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »

frogowned

Roombas basically just clean things up in any tile they are in. Their power meter gets replenished by that, and it gets set back when you ride them to a different direction. They work anywhere, even outside. Sadly there's not much to ride outside of the things you mentioned, but there is pilot, which lets you pilot various different kickin' aircraft and boats.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:36 pm »

So, no ferrying people around in a pickup truck then?  Shame.  Ah well, guess boats and flying machines are supposed to be good enough then... 

Don't suppose anyone's tried basing a corporation out of a luxury yacht or a zeppelin yet, have they?  Might be fun to have a mobile base of operations.  Sure, it's a bit cramped maybe, but trying to set up an organized assault on the thing would be a nightmare...

...so would having anyone try to access the stuff onboard.  Oh well.

How, eh...  efficient would you say roomba travel would be?  Do you actually move any faster by sitting on an autonomous vacuum cleaner? Does the battery hold out long enough that you can tool around and just drop junk on the ground for it to suck up and recharge?

Because if that's all possible and even better than walking...  Then that's got to be the most badass mode of transportation ever.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

I believe they tried Roomba races a while back. Given its HellMOO, the results were what you would expect.

An airbase would be cool, except for the three problems of expense, access, and explosions. You tell people your basing out of an airplane, and they'll blow it up. Besides, there are fairly major weight limits.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: September 19, 2010, 08:14:21 pm »

Roomba batteries are not very efficient at all. They lose like 2/20 every time you move a square, and they are slow, much slower than walking. They also don't clean items up, they just suck up things like water, blood, and vomit that are on the ground. If you dump out a canteen filled with water it can recharge from that, though. Or you could just pee on the ground. They're mainly used for grinding ride and just leaving in places for people to be unable to phase there.

Skateboards, on the other hand, move about as fast as someone who is walking unencumbered. Depending on your fightstyle, they move 1-5 squares per skate. You can do tricks and stuff to destress, and you can grind ride to 1 raw w/ them. If you are shitty enough at ride the board will sometimes break if you try doing a trick. Even if you are fully weighed down and unable to move you can still skate with a skateboard, which can be pretty handy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 19, 2010, 08:36:54 pm »

I am given the impression of a horridly obese person lying down on a skateboard and punting themselves along like a stranded fish.  Shame to hear about the roombas though, that would've made a truly noble steed...

As for the expenses of basing stuff out of a zeppelin or yacht, exactly how much more does a big moving machine like that cost, in comparison to an equally large yet immobile corporate headquarters?  And bombs are bombs pretty much anywhere you go, security is an issue regardless of where you hang your hat (and last I checked, it's more difficult to get somebody into a great big floating fortress than it is onto someone's doorstep.  Unless you can somehow throw grenades that high up, in which case there's definitely a problem).  I basically view the mobility as the major defensive bonus, as you can just keep flying or sailing about to new locations so that nobody knows exactly where you are.  Just issue a message over corpchat as to where you're going to stop next so that nearby members can get ready should they need anything.

Hadn't thought about the weight restrictions, however...  Wasn't really aware of them, to be honest.  So there is that.  And I don't even know what all you're supposed to stock a corp with.

Aren't zeppelins craft-only?  I don't really know how you'd compare that to the cost of maintaining a formal HQ.

Of course, what'd be REALLY cool is a zeppelin that has all the necessary things for building gyrocopters...  But I'm getting way out beyond my area of knowledge, and venturing all too far into the realm of dreams.

Just finished up my last medic job.  It says you won't get any more XP for it, but do you still get paid for completing a job after you've done it however many times?  I'm still trying to think of what I should do next with this character...  I was thinking of bumming some help from frog to go down into the sewers and get the Swollen Brain mutation, but I'm afraid that the drop to Cool would force me into a permanent state of 1337speak.  Scavenging is an option, especially now that I've gotten all those lovely boosts from the corpse grinder job, but I'm already having issues with carrying weight.

Repair would be a nice stat to get some work on, but currently the only thing that routinely needs my expert touch is the gin tub (how does that thing work, anyways?  Are you ever supposed to put stuff in there?).  The utility worker job is a bit wonky right now, since it refuses to have more than two items down at any one time.

Currently, those two places are 1) a power transformer in the Gold VoxGuard-ed back room of 420 High and 2) some giant frikkin' alligator's nest in the sewers.   I've been trying to smash a transformer in gangland into submission, but that's not going particularly well...

On the plus side, I've found a use for all those improvised bandages I end up with after grinding craft.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:37 pm »

The lightest ultralight will carry two people, stripped down and no high density. I'm not sure how much weight the rest have.

Corporate HQs have two major selling points compared to zepellins. One, they have nanotube doors which are pretty much impervious to damage, though not entirely so. Since that is the only point of entry, aside from being inside with a portal gun, your pretty much safe with a good lock. Zeps can be blown up from the outside with sufficient firepower, and there are flyers and planes with guns.

Two, security. Corp HQs in Corpclave give corpstars when broken into, and then you get sent to the cube. Nasty place, though good for science grinding. Zeps don't have that.

HOWEVER, talk to the admins about it. I'd be glad to come back and help get the cost or materials needed to build that if we're doing a B12 run corp. Perhaps not exclusively B12 though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:31 pm »

After driving my stress up to 500, then doing cocaine, crank, injecting myself with a speed hypo, using a THC inhaler, smoking a cigar swallowing an aspirin for no reason and then doing all of them all over again once my stress hit 0, I died.  I wish that death from OD was more interesting, a little journal might spice it up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

No no. If you want to OD, get the Billy Goat mut, the one that lets you eat anything, and EAT the speed hypo. I hear its actually somewhat popular for late game aboms to quickly max out on a drug.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 311