Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477232 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2580 on: July 09, 2010, 09:13:34 am »

Well that was fun.
How'd it go? Did you finish rerolling?
I've been playing a lot recently. Made LOTS of progress.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 28, 2010, 11:44:10 pm »

This game is brilliant... I wish Fallout was more like it. Then again, it would never get published.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2582 on: August 29, 2010, 12:15:43 am »

HellMOO lives? thats sooooo like 6 moths ago....
I got nothing

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 29, 2010, 07:50:35 am »

I never played a MUD.

Could anyone describe me the experience of playing it?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 29, 2010, 08:18:33 am »

It's like an mmo, only text based. HellMOO specifically is about raping and pillaging in a post apocalyptic wasteland. So basically it's like reading about being raped and eaten by other players in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

I kind of want to try playing it again, because it's fun, but I had a fairly low level crafter who nevertheless had awesome gear (a modded flamechain and some das gear the CEO of my corp handed me) and several hundred thousand in the bank from hunting ghosts before they did the server reset and don't really feel like grinding back up there.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 29, 2010, 09:34:33 am »

Another one of this games, which you shouldn't try if there is no one to give you a hand :/

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 29, 2010, 12:58:58 pm »

Wow, I didn't knew that grabbing stuff in that flashback dream would affect my character skills.

Is there a way to undo the choices made?

Edit:
It looks I can restart as long as I don't save.

Is anyone playing who could guide e trhough this game?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:50:20 pm by Mindmaker »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 29, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »

I had no one to help me out; then again, I play Dwarf Fortress.  8)

I'm still in the newbie corp (ENEMA) but I managed to shake off my N-tag (two... failed learning character accounts later. Made some enemies on both trying to figure out the game). I'm still wary of posting my characters name around, but if you make it to ENEMA then there's usually people who will help you, the "founder" MServo (a bot that is sometimes controlled by real people) included.

On another note: WHY CANT WE GET MAINSTREAM GAMES LIKE THIS?! Story/writing and gameplay > pretty graphics any day. But if the two of them met together, it would be for some homogenized crap that would hit the widest possible audience.

I never played a MUD.

It's kinda like reading a book, or playing DF without a tileset. There's alot of ASCII involved, and alot of reading/imagination using, but it's generally more rewarding than playing a purely graphical game. In fact, I'd venture to say that it's more complex  (and FUN, once you get used to it) than 95% of the mainstream games released this year. Plus its free. You can't beat that.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 29, 2010, 03:19:53 pm »

You can restart a character by deleting your clone and suiciding.

On another note: WHY CANT WE GET MAINSTREAM GAMES LIKE THIS?!
It's a game about rape and cannibalism. I rest my case. :P

Story/writing and gameplay > pretty graphics any day. But if the two of them met together, it would be for some homogenized crap that would hit the widest possible audience.
HellMOO doesn't have a story, it's just "sociopaths running around killing (and raping!) shit (and each other!)".

I never played a MUD.

It's kinda like reading a book, or playing DF without a tileset. There's alot of ASCII involved, if instead of ASCII it just had descriptions of what was going on and all the dwarves were running around sodomizing the local wildlife and skinning each other to make whips and alot of reading/imagination using, but it's generally more rewarding than playing a purely graphical game. In fact, I'd venture to say that it's more complex  (and FUN, once you get used to it) than 95% of the mainstream games released this year. Plus its free. You can't beat that.
fixed :P

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 29, 2010, 04:25:27 pm »

It's a game about rape and cannibalism. I rest my case. :P

It's kinda like reading a book, or playing DF without a tileset. There's alot of ASCII involved, if instead of ASCII it just had descriptions of what was going on and all the dwarves were running around sodomizing the local wildlife and skinning each other to make whips and alot of reading/imagination using, but it's generally more rewarding than playing a purely graphical game. In fact, I'd venture to say that it's more complex  (and FUN, once you get used to it) than 95% of the mainstream games released this year. Plus its free. You can't beat that.
fixed :P

Both fair statements.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:12 pm »

Oh, I almost forgot, guides for new players:
Initial chargen guide.
Reasonable post-chargen suggestions.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 29, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »

oh gods, no... don't get me back into this game...

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #2592 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:29 pm »

I spent almost 15 minutes stabbing random orphans with a used syringe so I could steal their pants. This game is the bees knees.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 29, 2010, 08:30:20 pm »

GET BACK INTO THIS GAME. Or don't. I picked it up today, and love it. Just what I need.
I was almost raped as an orphan.

P.S. My character is a girl.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 29, 2010, 09:24:48 pm »

I used to play this. It got boring. I stopped playing.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 311