Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477355 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2250 on: January 23, 2010, 02:00:23 am »

You can be a ghostbuster with a proton pack. Fun chasing people around Freedom City while cocking it at them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2251 on: January 23, 2010, 02:25:25 am »

You can be a ghostbuster with a proton pack. Fun chasing people around Freedom City while cocking it at them.

I'll probably go back and try again later. This is the kind of game that, right now I want to go and play again, but as soon as I start playing I end up rage quiting because some annoying fucker is repeatedly killing me or the like. It's a vicious cycle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: January 23, 2010, 09:18:42 am »

I gotta say, Mid-game is vicious.

Spoiler: bitching (click to show/hide)

Bitch over.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2253 on: January 23, 2010, 09:19:25 am »

I think about everything has been covered by others, but the simplicity of the game is definitely what kept me coming back.  I've found you can get the "I see no *whatever*" here message if you try a command that doesn't work with that object specifically as well.  But cutting it to one word should solve most of your issues.

Ironically, the beginning is probably the most confusing part of the game, and not just because you're new to it.  If you're still an orphan, then you need to head to the museum to actually start character generation and "grow up."  As an orphan you can't gain skills, but also suffer zero penalty for death.  It's basically to get you used to the game, it's parser, and try commands without worry.  While a nice thought, it's also a bit confounding if you don't realize that is what's going on.

Once you go to the museum, start the Dreams of Before, tag skills and allocate stats, then you'll be thirteen and ready to die properly.  As a N player, which is under 5k (or 5.5k?) total experience, a given player can only kill you once in a 24h span.  If this is happening more, as mentioned earlier, they should be reported for griefing (but don't bother if you're still an orphan).

Beyond that, just update your clone anytime you get stat/skill gains you don't want to lose, and carry a white cocoon to preserve your gear on death.  It's ironic that I'm advocating cocoon carrying, considering I didn't start carrying one until I had ten mutations... and even now, it's mostly because I don't want to have to regather up cheap shit.

Edit: @Tack I'm around the same stage as you are, arachnos are giving me 6xp per kill and I have 11 in my weapon raw.  I've mostly been doing contracts for the job experience lately (chuds, prisoners, mine rescue, etc.).  Yeah, I feel the pain on the track nerf for racists as well.  If I'm actually in the mood to grind experience, I kill karnivores since they are 48xp a kill for me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:24:24 am by jashman »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: January 23, 2010, 09:30:29 am »

Where do I get Cab, and How much does it cost!?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2255 on: January 23, 2010, 09:49:28 am »

Can't help ya there.  The fanciest thing I've had is the rather sub-par kevlar from Cripple Red.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: January 23, 2010, 10:07:08 am »

Caballero armor is gotten from Threads in corpclave. Jacket costs 40k and the pants cost 30k, but it's well worth it, makes you invincible against karns if they hit anywhere other than your head/face/hands/feet. It's 18-32 bullet soak if you don't have high density, I believe.

don't forget to hide it with a leather jacket and pants overtop, since it's relatively valuable, and don't carry it into melee combat since it'll get dinged up pretty quickly
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:09:19 am by Ancient Thingy »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: January 23, 2010, 11:08:28 am »

You can find poltergeists in gangland I believe, but they've stopped giving me xp a long time ago.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2258 on: January 23, 2010, 11:54:35 am »

How long does it take to get to endgame away? We talking WoW where you can hit max level in a few days of grinding or is it more of a "play for a year and see what happens" sort of thing?

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: January 23, 2010, 12:09:27 pm »

You can find poltergeists and lovecraft monsters in gangland, but the Old Ones only come out if you drop a ghostbait so you can avoid them easily. Only difficult part about ghosthunting is you get rad sickness if they hit you, so you need to eat rad-q pills or bring along detox if you have decent medic.

I'm still working on getting craft and getting my corp's designated sciency person to actually do research. I have decent enough craft, but nothing to make with it, annoying. Then it's off to find the rock leeches.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: January 23, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

Would it be possible for someone to either link to a discussion of all the corps, or perhaps attempt to briefly describe each of them?

Is there some trackable statistics that can be gathered on the Corps, like size, experience, and wealth?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: January 23, 2010, 12:33:48 pm »

If you need rfesearch done and you can get a siom, im your man

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: January 23, 2010, 02:02:52 pm »

Im currently playing this name is ronkiv do contact me if you need another member in your corp im currently useing WHORE as a corp.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2263 on: January 23, 2010, 08:59:03 pm »

so I didn't know you could throw someone in a furnace. But I found out that you can. Thanks for that Stabs. Who is that asshole anyway?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: January 23, 2010, 10:21:34 pm »

Hah, Stabs is awesome. Once you grow up and lose your N-tag, You'll see his better side. Also, you can ghostbust in luskentyne, but its mostly Great old ones. Piecewise, Its around a few weeks to midgame, Not sure about endgame.
EuchreJack, the corps
DSI: Yeah, just dont
WHORE: As above
GRU: Running out of steam, but still one of the top corps around, Wealthy.
TPC: Oldbies, Wealthy, dont piss them off.
TRANS: Iridiums's corp,
GOKU: BONGHITZ corp, Sucked in a ton of Newbies, Only  a few strong people
SEWERS: A new, non-human corp, will probably die out soon.
SOL: New corp, on the downturn.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 311