Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477375 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2190 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:11 pm »

So I finally made the journey to new clearwater, which is easily the easiest thing I've done since walking to the museum as an orphan, and got the molotov diagram, and some nightvision to deal with the sewers (which are now dark, if you haven't played in the past few days and don't read the main page; fucking chuds >:O ; admittedly it makes sense, and adds another level of challenge which is easily overcome, but still >:| ). After a making a few molotovs, I went to play with them in gangland with my 6 total in bombs. I almost blew myself up while trying to figure out the commands, then almost burnt to death. ;D

I also found a duffel bag full of molotovs lying around while hacking cams.

Edit: CORP has hacked all the gang cams, and has declared that no one is to touch them. >:|
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:53:43 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 09, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »

No one's safe from end game players, but some corps have the means to retaliate against middling players, to break cocoon camps or even intervene and save a weaker member before they can be killed. Without a corp, you don't even have that much. Some, on the other hand, are active invitations to be killed. Mainly, right now, DSI and WHORE. And these aren't just random victims of malice, they're annoying little twits who have brought it upon themselves with their scrubbitude (I witnessed a discussion in anyport on my tv, between Darkchaos and some WHORE newbies, it was all basically just "BAAAAAWWW GRU MEAN! GRU STUPID! BAAAWWWW!"), and commit the further crime of continuing to recruit and corrupt new players unaware of the politics. Darkchaos tried to recruit my alt, and outright lied about the situation with GRU when I asked him. That certainly deserves punishing, and the only way to save the poor souls he deceives is by hurting them until they stop standing by his side. I'm not sure what WHORE's crime is, but I'm not exactly on good terms with them, so fuck them.
  Sir Pseudonymous, you're not really winning me over with this rhetoric.

As an outsider, I'm finding the level of hostility on display difficult to process - from my perspective it just comes across as sour grapes for past actions I have no knowledge of or association with. The way I see it there is a combination of factors at work here:

1. DSI, or the DSI leader have, in the past, committed some atrocious acts of griefing/scrubbitude, and thus anyone who joins them is tarred by association and deserves to be griefed.

2. Might is right. DSI is one of the weaker corps, and thus deserves contempt.

3. DSI is a dangerous rival corp. Spreading disinformation about them will deter new recruits and keep them weak.

So what combination of these statements is true? And is there anything I've missed out?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:51:13 pm by baruk »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 09, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »

All I know is at some point in the past, DSI did something to piss off the wrong people. Also, they're scrubs. The ones who aren't leave and join a real corp. Also, it's just basic tribalism. I am in a different corp, therefore all other corps are the enemy to be condemned and held in suspicion, and those which are universally held in contempt are to be held in contempt so as not to be associated with them. And yes, I realize how silly it sounds to both understand why one ends up thinking like that while continuing to think like that, but then, it's even sillier to decide that's wrong just because it's a hardwired mechanism. HellMOO lives on tribalism and contempt, and there's no real reason to ostensibly rise above that.

Also, I have a shitty plane now. Totally walked out of it while hovering above the landing strip. ;D But at least I managed to fly it around FC without crashing.

Edit: I really would recommend KREW, even though I prefer my alt's corp. KREW is somewhat both a scrub-training corp and a serious power. They can help newbies, and teach them enough that they're not running around helpless. So yeah, probably one's best bet for getting into the game, while still remaining an option later on.

Edit: Actually, I don't really give a damn about DSI, one way or another. I just know they're scrubs and people hate or think very little of them. It's WHORE I don't like.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:42:33 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2193 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »

Edit: Actually, I don't really give a damn about DSI, one way or another. I just know they're scrubs and people hate or think very little of them. It's WHORE I don't like.

I'm not sure what WHORE's crime is, but I'm not exactly on good terms with them, so fuck them.

Your eloquence makes Shakespeare look like a schoolboy bitch.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: January 10, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

Let me rephrase that: I've never run into anyone from DSI. They, as far as I'm concerned, may as well not exist at all. I'm merely conveying what I have heard (the exception to this being darkchaos, who I have talked to and seen talking in anyport, and that certainly does DSI no good). WHORE, on the other hand, I have never dealt with positively, and there are so many of them you can't help but trip over their corpses every few feet.

But, I can see this is turning into random people taking out their frustration at suffering for associating with the wrong corps on me for trying to explain the situation, while I am not associated with any of the people doing it, so I'm done with that.

Totally crashed my plane in clear weather in the middle of the day. Lost more than $20K with insurance, counting what the insurance didn't cover, the cost of the insurance, my implants, the cloning fees, and the fuel that was in the tank when I crashed. :|

BigB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:01 am »

So, I just recently got into ghostbusting.  Let me tell you, that is where the big bucks are at.  You get $700 for every poltergeist you kill.  While your corp will take a small chunk of that, it's still a pretty penny.  They are also fairly weak, as long as you have a means to damage them (they require EMP, fire, or shock damage to kill).  Right now I'm just bombing them with EMP grenades, which are relatively cheap.  You can also buy a trap to capture them when they die.  While the trap costs $225, a filled trap is worth $880, adding even more money to your pocket.  If done correctly, you can get up to around $1,200 or more from a single kill.  And while you'll have to buy new items again, the overall payout is awesome.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: January 11, 2010, 06:49:34 am »

So, I just recently got into ghostbusting.  Let me tell you, that is where the big bucks are at.  You get $700 for every poltergeist you kill.  While your corp will take a small chunk of that, it's still a pretty penny.  They are also fairly weak, as long as you have a means to damage them (they require EMP, fire, or shock damage to kill).  Right now I'm just bombing them with EMP grenades, which are relatively cheap.  You can also buy a trap to capture them when they die.  While the trap costs $225, a filled trap is worth $880, adding even more money to your pocket.  If done correctly, you can get up to around $1,200 or more from a single kill.  And while you'll have to buy new items again, the overall payout is awesome.
I've been told you need something around 20 to hit in order to hit them reliably. My custom flame chain chews through anything I can hit with hilarious ease, but at the moment I only have 17 to hit with it. On that note, how much science do you need to use a proton pack effectively?

Also, my corp has a 100% pay rate. :P

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: January 11, 2010, 06:52:09 am »

Bleh, I should start playing again. Kinda quit after all my gear was destroyed. One thing I like about this game, that it's like fel in UO.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: January 11, 2010, 07:12:37 am »

Ah, I got back to playing this game again. Game needs too much grinding. But I rerolled all my alts, and I'm having fun again XD

There's some pretty hilarious stuff that goes on in that game. Hah, the funny thing is that you don't even have to make an effort to roleplay, the interesting crap just comes pouring when you don't expect it.

But hell, the grinding sucks.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 11, 2010, 11:29:31 am »

Save your EMP nades for old ones. 3100 for a trap with one in it. A proton pack with 19 total science is good, though having a high raw is better then high total if you can manage that. Grab a gray jumpsuit, firewalker helps since they can set you on fire, but isn't required, and go to town. MKII cells are sold in Weezer, if you want the extra umph, but they are only 2 a stock, and they are better used for ectoblast cells.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: January 11, 2010, 12:51:46 pm »

My custom flame chain is tearing through them just fine. As in, one hitting them more than half the time. Despite this, appraising them still gives "Ha! You can forget it!". I've gotten a shitton of money from them so far.

I got aggroed by an old one. Died in one hit. The CEO defibbed me and I wound up with brain damage. >:|
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:53:47 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26:50 pm »

I can't deal with old ones without using 5 empnades, but I got a macro to set them all off at once, so its all good.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: January 11, 2010, 02:46:49 pm »

Dammit sir, You're the one who's been killin my ghosts.
Also, BRAIN DAMAGE LOVES ME.
I get it every single day.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 11, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »

I saw through things with ease. If i hit it. With my like 13 to hit. :P

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 14, 2010, 03:42:48 pm »

From my experience in both DSI and WHORE (damn I'm bad at choosing corps), DSI's problems come from Darkchaos. Several of the griefers who I talked to said they hated Dark because either they had been in a previous corp with him and he was annoying or he had griefed them in the past. WHORE's problems came from recruiting several players who gave them a very bad rep very fast. But that's their story, I don't know the other side of it.

I just started a new character. It's interesting, I have no cash and no armor, and only a knuckle buster and some stolen clothing to my name. Earlier someone grenaded me for a few nanites and a buster. Seems like a waste of explosives to me, but whatever.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 311