Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478008 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1425 on: September 30, 2009, 09:29:31 am »

Not really.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:27 am »

How unstable is it? I don't want to play if there's a big risk I'll end up losing my equipment/dying due to being left somewhere when it comes back up, but I also don't really have anything else to do...

I'm wondering: is there any benefit to dual wielding one handed weapons? While tests resulting from looting a combat knife and not thinking to stow it suggest that it increases dps, looking at it rationally makes it appear to do nothing but alternate attack rounds, meaning there would only be a benefit if the weapons did different damage types, or something like that. It also has the drawback of hindering nanite healer use. It would also appear that having anything in your offhand, weapon or not, reduces accuracy quite a bit (from watching combat against chobos after using a trauma kit and not remembering to stow it before attacking something else). Do I have this right?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 01, 2009, 01:11:28 am »

Well. certain weapons do certain things. If you have a one handed blade weapon, for example, you could use a sonic scapel in the off hand to do some serious bleeding damage. You could give one weapon a shock mod and the other a flame mod.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 01, 2009, 01:21:24 am »

I'm considering joining DSI and netting you guys loads of money from killing karnivores. Hmmmmm

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:09 am »

Do eet lol.

We do make reasonable money via ghosts, but DarkChaos always withdraws it.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 01, 2009, 06:50:54 pm »

Currently I'm working on dual wielding a pistol and a blade (pistol skill is so low. Pistols can't be blocked or dodged, but can't powerattack or parry. Blades can powerattack and parry, but can be powerattacked and dodged. Very powerful combination imo.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 02, 2009, 02:16:32 am »

I have learned that I can easily kill bootleggers. This is awesome.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 03, 2009, 02:50:28 pm »

How the hell did DSI get 50k?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 04, 2009, 01:19:27 pm »

Server is down, I think.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 04, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »

Server is back up and approaching stable.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 04, 2009, 07:17:51 pm »

I'd love to go back to hellmoo now that my internet be fix'd, but I'd have to start all over again since I reseted me character, at least I still have me apartment. Plus I'm not sure if a God would approve:

Good times.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 06, 2009, 09:57:21 am »

Just solved the Edith puzzle (farmhouse on the way to get the Writhing Smoke mutation... which by the way is an awesome mutation). That place is... kind of creepy.

I also got Salamander, which is well worth it if you can get past Gator Boy or have someone who can kill him for you. The craft penalty is nothing if you aren't a crafter, and for someone with low medic, climb, and swim skills the bonuses are awesome. I would definitely recommend the mutation for anyone who doesn't plan on being a crafter.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1437 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:19 pm »

I have been thinking of coming back, I am just sitting in my apartment on a huge pile of cash so i am not worried about my rent running out.

I took the vampire mutation, and while it is awesome powerful, it's also really challenging. I must admit I have had some regret doing it. However, with just a little bit more energy into it, I would be the ultimate blade/pistol dual wield with epic bombing skillz. (My initial build was a cool/brains build, weird right?)

Considering it...
I got nothing

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 06, 2009, 03:44:35 pm »

Salamander gives + to medic now?
To Pseudonymous, no, having some non-weapon item in your offhand does not reduce accuracy. However, duel wielding weapons has the drawback of reducing edps of each weapon, reducing the to hit of each weapon, and makes each weapon's speed slower. It does alternate swings though, and each weapon starts swinging during the other's swing so you are technically attacking faster. I personally find it much easier to just use one powerful two-handed weapon like a bruce or a shiver sword.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 06, 2009, 04:29:28 pm »

Salamander gives the ability to mend broken bones, which combined with hyperimmune and iron liver gives you almost no need for the medic skill, cept for brain damage, pulled groins, and defibing, and if your brain damaged, you want someone else to work on you anyway.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 311