Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478037 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1335 on: September 15, 2009, 08:36:39 pm »

I'm noticing a trend with the people in Hellmoo. They're either very friendly, or downright abusive (not even in a fun way, if you try to help someone they start hatin'). Makes me wonder how they coexist.
With the friendly people doing whatever the hell they can to stay away from the abusive people. For example, vayra is hunting me down as an exuse over the headbutt nerf even though admins have said it was already planned and another said that they had nerfed it as I was writing the game report on it. Vayra wants to kill me 1 mill times with a headbutt during combat and currently she has succeded 3 times or so, 999997 more to go. The best I can do is to not play when vayra is playing.

Soooooo... what did we learn? Never tell people when you call for nerfs. Bad things happen.

And Vayra, shame on you, killing another dwarf. Go pick on a zombie or something, seriously.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 15, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

Actually if I made a MOO it wouldn't be COMPLETELY sex based. I was thinking something along the lines of a more stable SS13, set in an old roleplaying universe I have been kicking around. I might grab a few people and talk ideas on steam at some point.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 15, 2009, 10:26:52 pm »

Took a month-plus break from the game (and gaming in general), logged back in and was surprised to see my apartment was not only still in my posession, but not broken into and me killed and raped horribly.  Shocking.  Also noticed the DF corp was effectively dead, but I remember the pessimism on the idea, so that's not that surprising.

Anything all that interesting happen recently?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1338 on: September 15, 2009, 11:53:00 pm »

i heard headbuts were nerfed?
I got nothing

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:55 am »

trorbes any b12 members that still play are mostly in krew i think. and ductape yes headbutts were nerfed, only damage wise but the stunning and the knocking out hasn't been altered to my knowledge so its still dangerous. I just wish headbutts worked proberly when they try to bash a riot or combat helmet though, you would think it would hurt the headbutt-er more than the one getting hit.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 16, 2009, 01:37:21 am »

Actually if I made a MOO it wouldn't be COMPLETELY sex based. I was thinking something along the lines of a more stable SS13, set in an old roleplaying universe I have been kicking around. I might grab a few people and talk ideas on steam at some point.

Actually, Sofia, Me and a few other people are beggining to work on a C++ SS13, want to help? we need competant people...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 16, 2009, 03:22:21 am »

Took a month-plus break from the game (and gaming in general), logged back in and was surprised to see my apartment was not only still in my posession, but not broken into and me killed and raped horribly.  Shocking.  Also noticed the DF corp was effectively dead, but I remember the pessimism on the idea, so that's not that surprising.

If you're offline in your apartment, your apartment can't be broken into.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 16, 2009, 04:15:28 am »

Actually, Sofia, Me and a few other people are beggining to work on a C++ SS13, want to help? we need competant people...
I wouldn't mind lerning c++

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 16, 2009, 10:38:52 am »

If you're offline in your apartment, your apartment can't be broken into.

Oh.  A little disappointing, actually.

Still, I was mostly surprised to see that I hadn't run out of rent money yet.  I'd have thought that would have run out weeks ago.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:27 pm »

Sigh, I bought a drug pill, and when I woke up all of my valuable armor was gone. Glad they left my katana though, could have been bad. I bought a Wakizashi from Sargos as just-in-case, but I can't find a safety deposit box to stash it in. Do I have to buy an apartment to have a semi-safe storage space or is there another place?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 16, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »

I think there is this place called Rays Original Safe or something like that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 18, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »

I think there is this place called Rays Original Safe or something like that.

Found an apartment in the Bradbury. $50 a month, not bad. Not exactly as safe as it was advertised, though that's mostly my fault for releasing a zombie (guess I shoulda read the fine print on the girl in a box crate... oops). At least I managed to lock the zombie out of my apartment, now I just have to wait for someone to kill it.

I'm curious, are all the crates zombies or is it random? I swear I've heard someone mention that people rooming with him were welcome to use the girl in his apartment.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 18, 2009, 02:31:19 pm »

Its random, I got a slutty slave from Fisting University, non-zombie

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:36 pm »

Its random, I got a slutty slave from Fisting University, non-zombie

Going on 9 grand now. Might be cheaper to develop a zombie fetish /sigh.

Edit: Third time was a charm I guess. I now have a young sex slave. New question: Do they wander? I accidentally (really, I intended to just upgrade the lock on the door to protect my $9000 investment and put it on the wrong side via a typo) installed a lock on the inside of the door, but now I'm not sure if that's such a bad idea. Also, I figure she'll probably need food and water like other npc's, but do I have to manually give them to her, or will she eat and drink if I just leave some food and drink in the apartment?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:59:56 pm by Grendus »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »

There's really no need to get a sex slave. Just wank, or go prostitute yourself to Freedom City consumers for money.

Also, I seem to not be trusted by Julian any more, since I am off his lock. This hurts me deep in my heart, etc
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 311