Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478073 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1275 on: September 10, 2009, 09:49:40 pm »

guys, what the hell.

the more you talk about a mutation being nice, the greater the chances are that it will get nerfed.

Do the admins read bay12? Just curious. I never talk about Iron Liver in game.

And sure it's nice, but the drawbacks are hefty in late game and it's nothing you can't do by bringing along a lot of nanites. If you plan to use drugs to augment your skills it's a bad choice, in those cases using trauma kits to to heal outside of battle and nanites in combat. A lot of the awesomeness comes from being able to get all the bathtub gin you want from the crack mansion, and it costs you a mutation slot. Personally, I kind of think of it as a leveling mutation.

And Beorn, I like that idea actually. Make it a race mutation, your character grows short and stocky like a dwarf, massively increases the amount of weight they can carry, gives some reduction to beat and slash damage to the face or chest, and increases their skill with blunt weapons, but makes them alcohol dependent (treated as sick when sober) and prone to cave adaptation (spending more than a day inside causes moderate illness when they come out, treated by sunlight). Maybe throw in another drawback to limit depending on how powerful the actual mutation turns out to be.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 11, 2009, 04:02:29 am »

ahahaha

guess which pirate king got temp banned for challenging the badmins laughably irc-like defense of their recent changes. welcome to shirt and house moo 2000

[zotnet] SOMEDUDE(ME) says, "i pasted who, the pick, and the immediate log off after 31 minutes of inactivty"
[zotnet] Jed says, "it's never been against a rule to log off"
[zotnet] Jed says, "if someone uses a logoff trigger and we can determine somehow they're not watching the screen, maybe we will give a shit but I doubt it"
[zotnet] Jed says, "far worse than using a logoff trigger is annoying admins with your retarded reports to *ata"
[zotnet] Jed says, "this isn't unrelated. it's your pattern of wasting our precious time.

edit: as for wasting precious badmin time (i suspect they use it to google moocodes to fix clothing typoes) i have submitted exactly 2 *ata reports

*ata = appeal to authority, supposedly the alt abuse/exploit report channel. however none of these complaints are ever answered (same with paging help), and instead used against you if you make a badmin mad because he is awful

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1277 on: September 11, 2009, 11:59:41 am »

sadly, most moos are not run by professionals but rather pimply children and introverts who have no other form of power in their lives. Let them have their e-peen and go use your real one.

LOL DONGS!
I got nothing

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 11, 2009, 12:30:57 pm »

Hmm, was thinking about the new race mut, and I've got it.
Prereqs
Iron Liver
Epic Beard
Mule

Mutation: Dwarf

You have become an underground dwelling, sock wielding, crafting and combat machine. +2 pistols +2 rifles, +2 fists, +4 craft, -4 focus, +2 endurance, +2 brawn, -2 senses. Any exposure to sunlight causes constant vomiting, unless completely drunk. When sober, -2 to all stats and skills, and all actions take slightly longer. Berserk rages last twice as long, but burn through alcohol.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 11, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »

Hmm, was thinking about the new race mut, and I've got it.
Prereqs
Iron Liver
Epic Beard
Mule

Mutation: Dwarf

You have become an underground dwelling, sock wielding, crafting and combat machine. +2 pistols +2 rifles, +2 fists, +4 craft, -4 focus, +2 endurance, +2 brawn, -2 senses. Any exposure to sunlight causes constant vomiting, unless completely drunk. When sober, -2 to all stats and skills, and all actions take slightly longer. Berserk rages last twice as long, but burn through alcohol.

Well firstly, shouldn't that be clubs and blades rather than rifles and pistols?

And secondly, it seems that the Hellmoo general community considers Bay12 furries and pedophiles. Which I take to mean they feel a kinship :)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 11, 2009, 12:49:04 pm »

Pistols and rifles for crossbows of course. Both are profoundly overpowered in their respective games, though need ammo.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 11, 2009, 12:59:53 pm »

What would make them think of us a Furries and pedophiles?

oh, wait... the orphans...

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:12 pm »

I was later scrambled (banned) so I guess they were pretty mad,  real mad on the internet 8)  I scatter the ashes of my pirate legacy along the trail, watching the breeze take it directly into a badmin eye

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 11, 2009, 05:40:50 pm »

Ouch, that's a loss to hellmoo. I always remember you as the cool guy I sometimes saw on chatnet and occasionally ingame who could kick my ass. And you killed me in the colosseum once 8D

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 11, 2009, 07:00:31 pm »

this is somewhat embarrassing but i am apparently not banned, just temp banned for 3 days

i feel slightly the laughingstock now but i will shed all of my worldly possessions and walk the hellish earth until i have once again found inner strength

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 11, 2009, 07:30:04 pm »

or, you could just gather up the Orphan players and ZERG RUSH the goon house a bit.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 12, 2009, 04:36:59 am »

Quote from: Slayer Corp Chat
[ SLAY ]: Morance says, "Sensability changes towards cats when you play dwarf fortress"
[ SLAY ]: Ellyo says, "oh god"
[ SLAY ]: Bosley says, "aaagh"
[ SLAY ]: Ellyo says, "anything but that game"
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 12, 2009, 02:34:03 pm »

I see they are familiar with our work.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1288 on: September 12, 2009, 06:25:08 pm »

Yeah i think we should supply orphan alts with a massive stack of weapons and molotovs (i have close to 1k of these) and just scramble all over the server suicide bombing.
I got nothing

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 12, 2009, 06:29:24 pm »

And secondly, it seems that the Hellmoo general community considers Bay12 furries and pedophiles.
Hmm, how very odd.

*cough*
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 311