Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [40d13] Sub-menus scrambled  (Read 2082 times)

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d13] Sub-menus scrambled
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:57:44 am »

I went to play Dwarf Fortress 40d13 as soon as it came out.
Changed some settings in init (PARTIAL:0, MOUSE:NO, BLACKSPACE:NO, FPS:YES, FPS_CAP: 2000)
Generated a pocket world with 10000 years of history.
Embarked to a goblin area, and as soon as I started to dig...

..I saw that.
What could be causing it, and what can I do to fix it?
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] Sub-menus scrambled
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:45 am »

Indeed I have the same issue. All the hotkey designations are out of whack in the menus.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:27:40 pm »

I have this same problem, along with the fact that it is now getting stuck on some menu options and I cannot exit out of said menu.
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »

I'm having this on the Mac version. Also, attempting to use the Delete key in nicknames enters the Mountain symbol. Can someone else try this and see if it's possibly linked?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:26:58 am »

I am not sure what caused the right justified hotkey display to break, but I am checking to make sure it is not my fault.

Delete key being treated as a character in the notes is a side effect of it being bound in the text entry system.  I will disconnect it for the next version.

I have this same problem, along with the fact that it is now getting stuck on some menu options and I cannot exit out of said menu.
First time anyone mentioned that.  Can you post what menus are having that problem?
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:47:44 am »

First time anyone mentioned that.  Can you post what menus are having that problem?
I daresay he may be speaking of the issue I described in the 'Stuck mouse' bug. The keyboard appears to be locked while the mouse is in the stuck down state. Probably because the keyboard can't get any of its messages in due to the mouse taking up all the room. *shrugs*

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:28:34 am »

If it helps, I turned off all mouse interface and haven't had any trouble being stuck in menus.

Delete key being treated as a character in the notes is a side effect of it being bound in the text entry system.  I will disconnect it for the next version.

Thanks. I sure hope it's soon, in that case!
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:51:10 am »

Yeah, after reading about that mouse bug topic I disabled the mouse interface and it worked
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 07:32:45 pm »

If it helps, I turned off all mouse interface and haven't had any trouble being stuck in menus.

I'm on a mac to and you can fix this by going into the key bindings menu, deleting the current bindings for delete and rebinding them.

I am also having the same jumbling problem in with menus.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:22:56 am by MoatMan »
Spergs 4 life.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 01:38:48 am »

Non-mac-user here also suffering the jumbled-up menus problem, though not the getting stuck one. Sorry, guess that's sort of a "me too!" post, but just trying to convey a better idea of how prevalent the problem is. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Edit: "Non-mac-user" isn't very helpful either. Let me specify: Windows XP, professional edition. Running the game in 1280x800, 80x50 grid size.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:29:42 pm by Venatius »

Zack Weinberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zwol.livejournal.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 01:49:04 am »

I also see this with the Windows build of 40d13 (running on XP).

Zero Ziat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »

Same here. Windoze XP. 40d13.
Mine looks sorta different tho, but I guess it doesn't matter since it haves the same effect.

Makray

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 11:12:46 pm »

Same thing on Linux.  When I first saw it, I was hoping it was linux only. =(
Was the last Linux release 40d9?

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »

Just another person with the same phenomenon occurring.  Vista 32-bit Business, ATI Mobility Radeon 2400. Happens in both windowed and fullscreen.
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time

hurtmypony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 09:04:10 am »

Same issue here on Windows 7, playing at 1920 x 1200...

It's especially impairing for me, as I am coming back after a break and have forgotten many of the hotkey combinations....
Pages: [1] 2